news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

images

Journeyman.

Whether you like or dislike Conor, to call a double champ a journeyman is a pretty rough call. Not sure people are understanding what a journeyman is in this instance. Is he now a Has-Been, yeh, probably. Everyones career ends somehow, on top or ending after a string of losses.

Let's not forget Dustin 3 was a Doctah Stoppage rather than a true loss, regardless of how the 2nd half of round 1 went

He will come back at some stage probably for Diaz 3, but Chandler really just needs to fight someone else, he's the one wasting his career for something that might still be a year or 2 away

Whether you like or dislike Conor, to call a double champ a journeyman is a pretty rough call. Not sure people are understanding what a journeyman is in this instance. Is he now a Has-Been, yeh, probably. Everyones career ends somehow, on top or ending after a string of losses.
Exactly, definitely not the appropriate use of the term. I mean it's in the name, it implies a career without ever reaching great heights.

Conor is a Has-been, a shadow of the man he once was, but a journeyman he is not.

Man really makes you realise how short lived MMA glory is, only a couple years ago it felt like Rob, Tai and Volk were 3 of the best nest fighters in their divisions (tai probably wasn't but he was on a hype roll) and now Volks lost 3 of 4, Rob got finished by Dricus and Tai's on 3 fight skid.

We have JDM coming through who's exciting but s**t if he loses to Burns it's a s**t place Again.

Red panty night is a myth, as ive said. These guys are contracted already. Makes Chandler waiting so long on him baffling, could have fought twice in that time

Lol yeah why would you get paid more I dont get it. You get more attention, if you're the champ and you fight him you get PPV points. Rest I don't get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool to see Malykhin become a 3 division champ overnight. The weight classes are different (205 middleweight), but very rare to see a HW drop down at all, let alone a champion. Hard to draw a line from One to the world class, but he definitely passes the eye test.

Ferreira likely gets first crack, and I'd love to see Nemkov against him, but Malykhin vs Francis certainly appeals.

Red panty night is a myth, as ive said. These guys are contracted already. Makes Chandler waiting so long on him baffling, could have fought twice in that time

Yea just dumb... could have even fit 3 in by now dependent on the results, he is 2-3 in the UFC so couldn't afford many more losses.

Yea just dumb... could have even fit 3 in by now dependent on the results, he is 2-3 in the UFC so couldn't afford many more losses.
Only thing someone said the other day which does make sense is a win over Conor effects the rest of your life more than 4 more fights in the UFC.

Success doesn't necessarily come in that moment, but you can leverage a Conor win for the rest of your life if you play it properly

Only thing someone said the other day which does make sense is a win over Conor effects the rest of your life more than 4 more fights in the UFC.

Success doesn't necessarily come in that moment, but you can leverage a Conor win for the rest of your life if you play it properly
Diaz and Poirier at great examples of this

Fame sky-rocketed after their wins

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Diaz and Poirier at great examples of this

Fame sky-rocketed after their wins

Yeah. If Chandler beats Conor then he is a guaranteed WWE megastar for life. Think it was Paul Felder who said it. Coulda been Anthony Smith on believe you me as well

Yeah. If Chandler beats Conor then he is a guaranteed WWE megastar for life. Think it was Paul Felder who said it. Coulda been Anthony Smith on believe you me as well
Chandler on BYM instead of Smith?

Yeah that famous chin might just break.
He takes a lot of hits even when he lands combos, and I think he'll struggle to take a lot of counters from Gaethje. He'll have no fear of Max's striking.

Max got battered by Poirer at 155. He's not a lightweight and Gaethje is a decent sized one with solid shots

Max will likely be walked down and leg kicked to death. Gaethje round 4 or 5 for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back