The Greatest Ads Of All Time

Remove this Banner Ad

fugsy

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm gonna go the other way now and ask for the best ad's you've seen...

At the moment I think the best two going around IMO are...

- The car ad with all the car parts laid out in one big chain reaction which ends up with the car being rolled off a ramp on to the trip wire that shows the ad for the car. You all know the one I mean...

- The Due Condoms ad. 'Hi, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight and I'd like to buy a pack of DUO condoms!!! Yep tonight's the night!'

I plan to do that one day and see how many restraining orders I can get from local chemists :)

fugsy said:
I'm gonna go the other way now and ask for the best ad's you've seen...

At the moment I think the best two going around IMO are...

- The car ad with all the car parts laid out in one big chain reaction which ends up with the car being rolled off a ramp on to the trip wire that shows the ad for the car. You all know the one I mean...

- The Due Condoms ad. 'Hi, I'm seeing my girlfriend tonight and I'd like to buy a pack of DUO condoms!!! Yep tonight's the night!'

I plan to do that one day and see how many restraining orders I can get from local chemists :)
Interesting story behind that Duo Condoms ad. Apparently they found that guy and took him into a chemist, set the cameras up and filmed him for the screen test. However they liked it that much that they just used it for the ad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roostersgal4eva said:
Honda Accent car add with the car parts used to make the car move....

Isnt it nice when things just work!
We have that car at home, and it, well... works ;)

My favourite ads are the Sportka ads. has anybody seen them? There are 2 significant ones i've seen. One has a cat and the other has a bird. I'll explain them if nobody has seen them.

kangaroo19 said:
We have that car at home, and it, well... works ;)

My favourite ads are the Sportka ads. has anybody seen them? There are 2 significant ones i've seen. One has a cat and the other has a bird. I'll explain them if nobody has seen them.

Is that the one where the bonnet springs open and ruins the bird's sh*t?

fugsy said:
Is that the one where the bonnet springs open and ruins the bird's sh*t?
Yeh, the first one is where a bird is sitting in a tree and flys down to the bonnet of the Sportka Car, but the bonnet pops open and hits the bird away. The other one is where a cat crawls onto the top of the car and puts it head inside the sunroof, and as soon as its head gets in, the roof closes with the cats body slowly sliding down the front of the car. Pure gold both of these ads.

Surely the Carlton Draught Canoe and P*ss take one, hilarious stuff!

VB ads during olympics and cricket few years back

VB shout politics ad

Duo Condoms

fugsy said:

"Duo Condoms for moi" :D

The AFL/Toyota ads with Steven Curry and that other bloke, with Wayne harms, James Hird and now Daicos.

I think it was Carlton Cold who had the ads with different things that happin on a night out like pointing feet at good lookin women that come past and the signs that women give you, they where pretty good.

The Michael Jordon commercial (i think it was for McDonalds?) where they were having a shoot out with Larry Bird?, saying around the corner, over the bridge or something like that etc etc...all net. That was a ripper!

A hard-earned thirst needs a big cold beer and the best cold beer is Vic....Victoria Bitter.
It was introduced in the mid 1960s with an innovative television advertising campaign featuring an orchestral score, images of working-class Australians at work and play, and a voice-over by notable Australian actor John Mellion. The campaign is still used to this day. http://www.brainyencyclopedia.com/encyclopedia/v/vi/victoria_bitter.html

Poptart said:
The Michael Jordon commercial (i think it was for McDonalds?) where they were having a shoot out with Larry Bird?, saying around the corner, over the bridge or something like that etc etc...all net. That was a ripper!
i remember it , awesome ad that , around 1996 or so?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back