Food & Drink The Hangar Beer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the recipient of one of those international beer 12 packs for the work Kris Kringle. Nothing incredible, some decent enough numbers in there though, for example Estrella and Hoegaarden.

At the other end of the scale, Miller Chill - gross. Coors - barf.

The worst though? A Fijian number by the name of Vonu. In fairness, it does say it's an ultra low carb lager so it was never likely to be full of flavour, but this stuff is hideous; it may as well be soda water with straw dye dropped in.

It may well be the worst beer I've ever had.
Vonu premium is actually a reasonable beer and probably the best you'll find in Fiji. Never tried the low carb but I am guessing like most low carb offerings it isn't flash.

Edit: the locals actually call it turtle piss because of the turtle on the label.

Vonu premium is actually a reasonable beer and probably the best you'll find in Fiji. Never tried the low carb but I am guessing like most low carb offerings it isn't flash.

Edit: the locals actually call it turtle piss because of the turtle on the label.
This just makes me more annoyed, if you're going to put together something vaunting to be an international beer pack of any repute, why would you include the cat piss variant when the lager is actually decent? Bah.

This just makes me more annoyed, if you're going to put together something vaunting to be an international beer pack of any repute, why would you include the cat piss variant when the lager is actually decent? Bah.
"Christmas unit mover"

Was the recipient of one of those international beer 12 packs for the work Kris Kringle. Nothing incredible, some decent enough numbers in there though, for example Estrella and Hoegaarden.

At the other end of the scale, Miller Chill - gross. Coors - barf.

The worst though? A Fijian number by the name of Vonu. In fairness, it does say it's an ultra low carb lager so it was never likely to be full of flavour, but this stuff is hideous; it may as well be soda water with straw dye dropped in.

It may well be the worst beer I've ever had.

This stuff honestly makes Corona seem full of flavour.

Lets face it, if you or I put together a Christmas dozen, it’d cost $150 and the drinker would be flat on their arse in three drinks...

A delightful way to celebrate the end to a s**t day at work. Bargain bin at the boozer, $3.20 each, 4 left at theboozer, 4 in the fridge now.... well, 3 in the fridge plus this one.

Bring on the footy tonight!

Attachments

• 20190307_170827.jpg
    20190307_170827.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 147

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stout lovers - try 4 Pines’ Nitro Stout if you can.

It’s basically very similar to Guinness, huge thick head and takes an age to pour from the tap in the typical Guinness style. It’s a bit stronger than Guinness in alcohol content though.

Genuinely delicious.

It’s basically very similar to Guinness, huge thick head and takes an age to pour from the tap in the typical Guinness style. It’s a bit stronger than Guinness in alcohol content though.

Genuinely delicious.
Have you had speedway stout?

Genuinely delicious.
Excellent, found a place in St Kilda that has it and just organised a Blokes Day for Saturday

Southwark Stout - Adelaide has been holding out on us and I hold several of you personally responsible.
Is beautiful. Hard to find here, whenever I do happen to see it I always get one.

Southwark Stout - Adelaide has been holding out on us and I hold several of you personally responsible.
It's a fantastic beer. They used to sell it by the stubbie at Football Park, it was definitely my beer of choice when I went there.

I've been drinking a decent amount of Coopers Lager lately. 1st Choice keep having it at $45 a carton so I keep buying it. Good drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back