Movies & TV The Hangar "Dexter" Thread ** SPOILERS **

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with you Olly.

You're pretty painful now, Drummer; I'm actualy surprised that you say you like this show.

Another solid episode for me. Yes there were flaws, but get the **** over it or stop watching.

And yeah, solid season for me, too.

Tbh, i'm holding back a bit.

I mean, if you want to keep being treated like a ******* by the writers and can still enjoy it, all the more power to you. Enjoy all those awesome inner voice sections by Dexter where he tells you a play by play analysis of exactly whats going on just incase you didn't already figure out how ****ing obvious it was. there's flaws you can put up with but when it goes in full *ation for weeks on end how can you not criticize it.

I point out the flaws to my partner when we watch it. We often laugh at the terrible ones (like him dialling 911 and using his real voice, for starters).

But it's just that, a flaw.

It's a great show that I thoroughly enjoy, with flaws. Whereas you seem to only ever talk about how s**t it is. It's as though you watch it and post about it only to show how stupid it is.

Even the pinnacle of the show, Trinity in season four, you said was lousy. I mean if you didn't enjoy that, do you actually enjoy the show?

The "*ed" voice overs, I barely even notice. I don't interpret it as them making things clear, it's just him thinking out loud, like he has from the very opening scene of the entire series, to the audience, the only people he's truly honest with.

The problem is you seem to be expecting a show with such accurate story-telling like The Wire, when the whole idea of Dexter is that it's so surreal and beyond the realms of possibility - add to the fact that Dexter is often see as some sort of superhero character.

I don't watch the show for its accuracy and ability to tell a story. I watch it because it's an exciting show and lets me escape reality.

when the whole idea of Dexter is that it's so surreal and beyond the realms of possibility - add to the fact that Dexter is often see as some sort of superhero character.

But that's something that's been a big part of the show going downhill lately. He was made out to be that superhero character who was smarter than the rest of the police department and now he sort of just goes around acting as dumb as the rest of them and making really silly mistakes more or less because the plot says so rather than any real logic (yehyeh, losing grip atm, not following the code, thats why hes getting sloppy. I don't really buy that)

I get the whole just being able to sit back and enjoy a show, I do that with sons of anarchy which has plenty of dumb stuff go on all the time, especially in the action scenes, but it's just gotten to a point in Dexter where it seems like every 5 mins there's something laughably bad going on.

The preview for today's ep looked pretty decent though so hopefully the season can finish off strong, the DDK stuff is kinda meh now, but I'm guessing they'll introduce something to do with the intern to continue on to the next season with which would a step in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was wrong with the video?

It's prob not the smartest thing to be taunting video msgs on the most wanted mans in miamis phone in case someone got to him before Dexter. I mean, I know nothing will come of it but it since that wont happen but still seems lol sloppy and something he should know better not to do.

Also, just for you, Drummer:
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/11/dexter-recap-talk-to-the-hand-michael-c-hall-interview/
Michael C Hall said:
]Ya know, on set, we are very much aware of the logistical or literal implausibility of so many of the things that happen on the show, but I think there is a suspension of disbelief that is required of our audience.

You look at the end of the first season ... he subdues the Ice Truck Killer, and gets him back into the Ice Truck Killer's room that's like, part of an active crime scene, and slashes his throat? It's all absurd really, but there's some sort of serendipitousness or fantastical coincidence ... I've suggested in other interviews that while we don't see it, Dexter definitely has the power of flight and can turn himself into smoke.
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/11/dexter-recap-talk-to-the-hand-michael-c-hall-interview/

That scene/dream sequence was uneasy watching.

The relationship kinda makes sense, and I actually wondered about it a back in season one, but didn't think they'd actually explore it.

I have never thought of them that way, I just thought deb was really close to dex because he is the only family she has left, and I think thats how they will leave it. I cant imagine how shattered she is gonna be when she finds out about dexter.

I have never thought of them that way, I just thought deb was really close to dex because he is the only family she has left, and I think thats how they will leave it. I cant imagine how shattered she is gonna be when she finds out about dexter.

Well they seemed to have some foreshadowing towards that in this ep with Dexter talking to her about sometimes people do things for reason you don't think or whatever he was yammering on about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back