Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

P.P.S. What's with stationing defending troops outside walls?!

THe defending army was trying to keep them away from the walls. They didn't have a moat, so people had to do. Longer they stay off the walls, the longer you can rain projectiles down on them.

More likely because it looked ******* cool when the dragon blew the s**t out of the wall, but there's some logic behind it.

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.co...he-meereenese-knot-part-iv-a-darker-daenerys/

Not sure how many of you have an interest in this, probably more book readers and people interested in Dany.

It’s a blog post from 2013 analysing Dany’s time in Meereen, reopening the fighting pits, Drogon coming to feast on the dead and then Dany flying off with him and landing in the Dothraki Sea, and her subsequently giving up on Meereen and realising she really wants to go home to Westeros.

It’s all told from her perspective and the author of the blog above uses it to understand her changing mindset through those experiences, away from peace and compromise and the Meereenese culture that she finds barbaric, towards the home where she feels she belongs and taking Westeros back with “fire and blood”.

- Dany kills Jon,
- Tyrion kills Dany,
- Gendry claims the throne,
- Sansa and Arya rule the North,
- Arya finally weds Gendry,
- Tyrion claims Drogon and finds out he’s part Targaryen (remember he had a moment with him patting Drogon’s nose),
- the kingdom is fully unified under Baratheon-Stark/Lannister-Targaryen-Stark (Tyrion and Sansa still hubby and wiffy).
- Bran heads beyond the wall to commence his reign as the Night King,
- Tormund and Brienne make beautiful chivalrous wildlings and repopulate the far north,
- Asha goes mad with isolation on the Iron Islands due to the GoT writers neglecting her character path. She is reborn from the saltwater as a soul-eating goddess and completely destroys Westeros.

That’s how I’d like to see it play out.

I mean, it was better than I thought it would be at least. It was never going to be good given all the s**t that had to be resolved and how much had been rushed to get to this point. I enjoyed it enough tho, I guess, at leas the plot points in general but it never really had a chance to be done well. Tho, I did A. audibly laugh at the Dany death scene "oh, that's that I suppose", the then time skip to Tyrion and counsel scene and an audible laugh and bemusement at the Sam bringing the Song of ice and fire book, like I can't believe they actually did it lol.

I felt it was weird that Bran introduced the show. It wasn't terrible at least. BUT WHY COULDN'T JON DIE?
I think he's in Australia doing s**t so they prob thought it'd be cool to see him do a spot. Seemed a bit off to me, too.

The Jon thing is pretty funny, like you'd think the moment they found out he killed Dany he would be (and Tyrion) would be murked on the spot.

I think he's in Australia doing **** so they prob thought it'd be cool to see him do a spot. Seemed a bit off to me, too.

The Jon thing is pretty funny, like you'd think the moment they found out he killed Dany he would be (and Tyrion) would be murked on the spot.
My thought went immediately to "Oh he's going to be very important. Maybe he'll be king lololol."

So disappointed in Drogon for not eating him.
Is it just me or does anyone else think Bronn will be a terrible master of coin?
Horrific. I was thinking that Davos would be master of coin and Bronn the master of ships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord of Lofty Titles

Queen of The North

King of the Six Kingdoms

Black Jack Tully

Overgrown Sweet Robin

I’m okay with that as a show ending. It’s pretty much what I’ve come to expect from D&D- they don’t want to be predictable. Their very unpredictability makes them predictably go for the third worst option on most things. Could easily have been two or three seasons made out of this one I think. There’s enough material there.

I’m sad it didn’t end with a Dothraki wedding. That would be more true to the early seasons with gratuitous sex and violence... what became of the Dothraki anyway?

I did get a few laughs. The council scene was ace. Bronn is a nice addition in the show’s continuity. I like the call backs. I like the Starks being spread to the four corners of Planetos much like what happened when they all left Winterfell in the pilot. Goodboi getting his pats. Brienne finishing Jaime’s page in the Kingsguard book. Pod pushing the wheelchair. Fair bit of fan service but 🤷‍♀️

Not sure what the point of the Nights Watch is after episode 3, or why the six kingdoms would care to defend the independent kingdom of the north from the wildlings who now live both north and south of the wall... which has not been rebuilt? Do we think Jon is now a ranger, defected to the wildlings, or back to being Lord Commander? I don’t mind him going back there. I kind of wish he died. Or swore the nights watch vow in front of the weirwood again. Either way that’s the end of the Targs..

Pretty good end for that version of the story anyway I suppose 🙃

Do we think Jon is now a ranger, defected to the wildlings, or back to being Lord Commander?
Lord Commander. He was #998. Ed was #999. Him being #1000 just seems like a nice way to finish.

Was anti climactic, but after last weeks episode it was always going to be. Kinda bummed Jon didn’t end up as king, but I can see why they went the way they did.

Bron as master of coin, pmsl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back