Movies & TV The Hangar Game of Thrones Thread **SEASON 8 SPOILERS**

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been checked out on the Dany stuff since the Mareen 4 season snooze fest and pretty much been rooting for her to get murked but all the mad queen stuff seems a bit out of order? I'd be pretty pissy if I was her considering all her advisors are morons and have led her astray and she basically lost all she gathered along the way.

DCjgrGe.jpg

Well it was better than episode 3. Much like episode 3, the opening scene was the best part of it.

The Greyjoy ambush was poxy. There was so much wrong with it.

I do like that Varys is starting to fire up, he makes things interesting.

I just thought the episode was kind of unnecessary. Other than Jon telling the girls, there was nothing really new that happened. A few farewells which have zero bearing on the story. Dany getting a reason to attack KL; we all knew it was going to happen anyway, it was just really ramming the point home for the audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best scenes were Tyrion and varys, that was old school.
The weakest part of the entire series was the white walkers threat because we didn't understand the mythos behind any of it. It then wrapped up in one episode and the early part of this episode was clean up and the weakest part. As much as I'd been looking forward to all that side I think it's best left to the books. This show does the game well, I'm glad we are back focusing on it.

The final 30mins was great and now hopefully we get some good stuff in these final episodes.

my nephew's had enough, "Honestly my favourite ending now would be Dany and Jon and all of their army dying, Cersei wins and goes north, so Sansa gets bran to make her into the night Queen and just kills everyone in the whole bloody world."

my nephew's had enough, "Honestly my favourite ending now would be Dany and Jon and all of their army dying, Cersei wins and goes north, so Sansa gets bran to make her into the night Queen and just kills everyone in the whole bloody world."
Well they've stuffed up every other plot with fan service and deus ex machina "surprises" over plot development, pacing and suspense. I feel like the books will probably go down a "war is futile, look see armageddon" type storyline. Especially since GRRM has history as a conscientious objector.

But I'd actually like a Sansa vs Cersei. That'd be fun, given how much time we spent in KL with Sansa and Cersei earlier in the series. Would be a nice pay-off. They should've killed the other two in episode 3.

Better yet, make Sansa the Ned 2.0 and see what she'd do differently if given a secret Targ baby to look after. Does she lead an army and install herself as Cersei 2.0, regent for a minor? Or claim a bastard and raise it as her own...

I liked the ep but I'm struggling to understand how they have enough troops to mount a seige. Varys suggested it was 50/50 (pre ambush? Can't remember) but there is no way they have 20k + after ep 3, unless there is some sort of surprise in store (Dorn?).

Gah! I don’t think much of Dany’s air support skills.

I’m pretty sure those weapons don’t fire through sails either, she could have wheeled around and lit them up from the other direction, they were all facing the one way.

She gets the stupid award for the episode, closely followed by Sansa for spilling the beans to Tyrion.

No idea why Cersei didn’t skewer her brother when she had the chance either, they were already at Defcon 1.

Gah! I don’t think much of Dany’s air support skills.

I’m pretty sure those weapons don’t fire through sails either, she could have wheeled around and lit them up from the other direction, they were all facing the one way.

She gets the stupid award for the episode, closely followed by Sansa for spilling the beans to Tyrion.

No idea why Cersei didn’t skewer her brother when she had the chance either, they were already at Defcon 1.
I don’t know if it was stupid. The only stupid part was breaking her word, and we know where being honourable got Ned for his trouble.

She told Tyrion, who is Dany’s hand. Tyrion has no reason to use the information unless he already has an issue with Daenerys sitting on the throne... so the information is safe unless it is considered necessary by Dany’s people to use it.

Looks to me like they might be going to take the Dany is actually a nutjob like the rest of her fam route.

I'm thinking the same. The whole wants to fight tyranny becomes the tyrant route. Could be good if she ends up the big bad when it's all said and done.

I rekon if we off foreshadowing/prophecy we get varys killed by Dany by fire. I assume that's due to him plotting against her. Jaimie surely has to kill Cersei just for his story to make sense. Though him running back to her fly's in the face of that.
I'm on the fence with Jon's fate. He doesn't want to be king but his heritage and show journey demand it. Does he put a council in place and we don't get a king but a ruling body? Maybe a rep from each house?

I think GRR Martin is massive against war so I'm thinking there has to be a message in the end of it. Maybe those that don't seek out war rule or those who do seek it out will always fail to rule. Something like that.

I don’t know if it was stupid. The only stupid part was breaking her word, and we know where being honourable got Ned for his trouble.

She told Tyrion, who is Dany’s hand. Tyrion has no reason to use the information unless he already has an issue with Daenerys sitting on the throne... so the information is safe unless it is considered necessary by Dany’s people to use it.
Maybe so, and perhaps she now trusts Tyrion implicitly, which I suppose is fair enough. However if Tyrion is 100% loyal to Dany then surely he has a duty to warn her, or at least take steps to protect Dany? Shouldn’t she consider that possibility before telling him?

Jaimie surely has to kill Cersei just for his story to make sense. Though him running back to her fly's in the face of that.

Agree, though I interpreted that scene as him needing to kill Cersei to ever move on with his life. If he really is running back to be with her I guess he'll end up offing her anyway over Euron.

The more I think about it, I reckon the person who ends up on the throne will be so weakened and having made so many machiavellian decisions to get there that it will end with the feeling that everything is back to square one, just with different names.

Maybe so, and perhaps she now trusts Tyrion implicitly, which I suppose is fair enough. However if Tyrion is 100% loyal to Dany then surely he has a duty to warn her, or at least take steps to protect Dany? Shouldn’t she consider that possibility before telling him?
Didn't Tyrion say something in the crypts that implied he wasn't 100% loyal to Dany? In the conversation with Sansa about renewing their marriage or something. I forget what it was but Missandei corrected him.

Alt Shift X finally uploaded his 8x04 review, seems to wait until the night before the next episode before posting, which seems stupid if you want to get views. but anyway. Varys the Mermaid and Discount Jack Sparrow, Aussie accent ftw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back