Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Without spoiling it does anyone else think the second half of series 5 of breaking bad has been kind of average?
Finished it last night.

I agree, the second half of season 5 was definitely a standard below the last few.

But the fact that they kept progressing the storyline (oh hai dexter writers) and had final episode that wrapped everything up without trying to do too much made up for it.
Very satisfying finish.

Finished it last night.

I agree, the second half of season 5 was definitely a standard below the last few.

But the fact that they kept progressing the storyline (oh hai dexter writers) and had final episode that wrapped everything up without trying to do too much made up for it.
Very satisfying finish.

I think it might have helped if they hadn't killed Mike off so soon.. maybe.

Does anybody here watch Homeland?

I watched a few episodes and couldn't really get into it.

I'm not sure why, as I used to really enjoy 24 and those sorts of shows.

I've heard good things, but I'm starting to wonder whether shows like The Wire, The Sopranos and even Dexter/Breaking Bad have made what seems like a pretty basic crime show seem too bland.

I started watching it last week and I'm up to the last episode in the first season. It has some good parts but some really cringey elements I have to fast forward through. It's a decent show but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites currently airing.

I started watching it last week and I'm up to the last episode in the first season. It has some good parts but some really cringey elements I have to fast forward through. It's a decent show but I wouldn't say it's one of my favourites currently airing.

Could be seen as a spoiler as you haven't seen the last ep yet..
Wait till you get to some of the interactions between Brodie and Carrie in S2. I was nearly throwing up.

Yeah Showtime have a bad habit of dragging shows to a painful death.

Had Dexter finished after 4 seasons, it'd be one of the best of all time, IMO.

Californication could have been considered quite a good show if it finished after maybe 2 or 3 seasons; the latest (7?) was just ridiculous.

Heck, you could even include Stargate SG1 as a show that started off decent enough and went on waaaaay too long (even if Showtime only had it for the first 6 seasons).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

although i still enjoyed bits of prison break after season 1 so whatever

Scylla

1314029819767.png

Anyone seen clear history? It's a hbo movie made by Larry David. Starring him, Danny mc bride, Michael keaton, Kate hudson, jb smoove and others.....ruddy classic! Particularly if you are a curb fan.

Trailer for it looked kinda meh when I saw it a while ago, guess I'll have to check it out.

Anyone else into Justified? Marathoned it a little while ago and really enjoyed it. For anyone who has watched The Shield it has Walton Goggins in it (see my avatar) and he's great in it.

Yeah Showtime have a bad habit of dragging shows to a painful death.

Had Dexter finished after 4 seasons, it'd be one of the best of all time, IMO.

This. Dexter used to be my favourite show but then that hot mess of the fifth season happened and it just got worse and worse. Trinity Killer is still my favourite bad guy.

Trailer for it looked kinda meh when I saw it a while ago, guess I'll have to check it out.

Anyone else into Justified? Marathoned it a little while ago and really enjoyed it. For anyone who has watched The Shield it has Walton Goggins in it (see my avatar) and he's great in it.

Yep. Love it. Hopefully it's back soon because BB is finished and new season of Walking Dead is a bucket of pus.

So I don't watch Family Guy anymore, but ...

they killed Brian, really?

Yeah they did. I'm not really a fan of that show ftr. American dad is much better imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back