The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Montana of 300 is fireeeeeeeeee.

Damn that is fire! The first two tracks at least, not so much a fan of the third.

His lyrics are pretty much every negative stereotype about hiphip rolled into one, but I love his sound. That 2nd track is perfect for a workout playlist.

Damn that is fire! The first two tracks at least, not so much a fan of the third.

His lyrics are pretty much every negative stereotype about hiphip rolled into one, but I love his sound. That 2nd track is perfect for a workout playlist.

Well he is a a drill rapper so they do rap about guns and gang banging. ;)

But the word play in this lyrics are actually exceptional.

Bit of a random question, I've been revisiting 2Pac & Biggie's classic stuff.
Who do you guys prefer?
Both have different styles and flows.
Pac seemed to rap more from his heart.
Biggie was more of technical lyricist like Nas if that makes sense.

Anyway thoughts?
Wish they were both alive still.
Maybe mainstream hip hop wouldn't have turned out the way it has.

Who do you guys prefer?

Anyway thoughts?
I prefer Pac. Both were good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you guys prefer?

Anyway thoughts?

Ugh there's nothing wrong with rap now.

Because the usual slight against Drake is that he's "weak" or that he sings.

Drake ran 2014 without dropping a tape.

I haven't heard much of Drake's music tbh.
Just whatever I've heard on channel v.
His music and other mainstream artists like him seems so fake.
Artists like 2Pac/Biggie actually used to live the stuff they spoke about on a track.

Love this track from when Biggie and Pac were still friends.
Kinda weird how 4 rappers from this song have been murdered.
(Biggie, 2Pac, Yaki Kadafi & Stretch)

Re: Biggie vs Tupac, I always go with Biggie.

Re: Drake, part of the reason I don't like him is that I think he is one of the fakest rappers out. And there are certainly a hell of a lot of fake rappers out there. He's a middle class kid from the suburbs and he seems to think that because he was taken through the club scene in Houston and Atlanta a few times that he's found toughness/hardness all of a sudden. The way he carries himself just annoys me. To pick out an AFL example, it's like seeing Tom Hawkins strutting around trying to be menacing like Jonathan Brown. Hawkins is a private school kid and that menacing streak just looks fake on him. And his NBA groupie antics kinda sicken me too. Obviously, he just irks me.

Drake's music I'm indifferent to. I don't mind a song or two and others I just don't care about (not hate, just ambivalence).

Last edited:
Re: Biggie vs Tupac, I always go with Biggie.

Re: Drake, part of the reason I don't like him is that I think he is one of the fakest rappers out. And there are certainly a hell of a lot of fake rappers out there. He's a middle class kid from the suburbs and he seems to think that because he was taken through the club scene in Houston and Atlanta a few times that he's found toughness/hardness all of a sudden. The way he carries himself just annoys me. To pick out an AFL example, it's like seeing Tom Hawkins strutting around trying to be menacing like Jonathan Brown. Hawkins is a private school kid and that menacing streak just looks fake on him. And his NBA groupie antics kinda sicken me too. Obviously, he just irks me.

Drake's music I'm indifferent to. I don't mind a song or two and others I just don't care about (not hate, just ambivalence).

Tupac went to ballet school though, not very gangsta if you ask me. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back