Toast The Jeremy McGovern love thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Big hello to all the dugites out there from North Albany FC. You know who you are

But really I hope to never see J McG in lavender no matter the offer

That towering contested mark late in the 4th was remarkably good. He just seemed to float on top of the pack and those hands are just so good.

I remember a thread with a rumour that he was about to be delisted because of some vandalism incident that the club had kept quiet and he just wasn't committed to the standards required to play AFL. Don't know if that was true or not, but he was very close to not being at the club unless he changed his attitude and boy has that happened. You wouldn't know it now. He'd be the 1st picked.

15 marks tonight, 5 contested and apart from a couple of errant disposals he barely made a mistake all night. I don't even blame him for the spoil late in OT- he would have heard the footsteps so the instinct would have been to kill the ball.

Did Jeremy sign a contract extension this week?

I haven't seen any news about this, but it's about the single most important bit of news I could think of about our club at the moment. Out of contract at end of 2018 and has made no secret of his desire to play with his brother at some point. We hoped Mitch might come west, but he's re-signed with Adelaide. Adelaide, who could lose Jake Lever this summer and are firmly entrenched in the top four while we look set for potentially at least a mini re-build. McGovern looked a little emotional walking off last night with Priddis especially, hope the respect he has for Priddis doesn't turn into a feeling of absence now he won't be there.

I haven't seen any news about this, but it's about the single most important bit of news I could think of about our club at the moment. Out of contract at end of 2018 and has made no secret of his desire to play with his brother at some point. We hoped Mitch might come west, but he's re-signed with Adelaide. Adelaide, who could lose Jake Lever this summer and are firmly entrenched in the top four while we look set for potentially at least a mini re-build. McGovern looked a little emotional walking off last night with Priddis especially, hope the respect he has for Priddis doesn't turn into a feeling of absence now he won't be there.

Yeah i was told by someone that he had signed on to the Eagles when i said there is a small chance we'll get him. I didn't think he had

Hope we're still a chance, as he is an incredibly good player and would be a perfect replacement for Lever

Thanks for the info!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back