The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

It must hurt retention of players to completely lack the hostility towards players who bail on you. Jackson got about 5 posh MCC members politely boo him once then everyone forgot about it. Just imagine he had walked out on a Collingwood or Richmond the response he would have copped.
He’s such a likeable guy though. It would be like kicking a puppy.

Bad list management setting a team back for a decade you say?

This thread is almost as idiotic as the time Carlton got caught breaching the salary cap so they could pay Stephen O’Reilly to play 12 games.

I feel as if I should respond simply to have my signature pop up. Ah Stephen O'Reilly...catastrophic for the Blues.

If only he cared This much about his own football team and not accept his clubs utter shitefulness then WC might still be good
….you know , it’s why WC are so successful ,apparently ,as their fans don’t accept mediocrity !!! (like freo fans do)
🤪🤪😆😆
Calling what the Eagles are doing in the last 18 months mediocrity is a significant compliment.

Forget about Freo for a second but what a disaster this has been for Luke Jackson. He now plays less ruck then he did at Melbourne, and when he does play up forward he is playing in the most stagnant and slow forward line in the comp when previously his best bits of forward play for Melbourne always invovled him running up the ground at a HF and then running back into the forward 50 into space, something he can never do at Fremantle

He basically made a financial decision and not a football one. Eagles offered less terms then Freo but if he chose Eagles, he would be number 1 ruck not only for now but for the foreseeable future and wouldnt be getting drilled so hard in the media for sucking so badly when he is played out of position

No sympathy for the loser myself but he is proof that you cant just move to the club that offers the most money, you gotta move to the club who will still let you play football too
So Luke Jackson made a terrible decision going to Freo - and should have gone to the Eagles, who are older, always injured, and have just been beaten by over 100 points by the team that was 18th on the ladder? (Not to mention the coach going on an extended sabbatical at the end of the year). Gotcha.

Forget about Freo for a second but what a disaster this has been for Luke Jackson. He now plays less ruck then he did at Melbourne, and when he does play up forward he is playing in the most stagnant and slow forward line in the comp when previously his best bits of forward play for Melbourne always invovled him running up the ground at a HF and then running back into the forward 50 into space, something he can never do at Fremantle

He basically made a financial decision and not a football one. Eagles offered less terms then Freo but if he chose Eagles, he would be number 1 ruck not only for now but for the foreseeable future and wouldnt be getting drilled so hard in the media for sucking so badly when he is played out of position

No sympathy for the loser myself but he is proof that you cant just move to the club that offers the most money, you gotta move to the club who will still let you play football too
Maybe stop posting the first thing that comes in to your head next time eh.

Your really embarrassing yourself

An athletic specimen with not an iota of forward craft, a decent but undersized ruck and a poor overhead mark with hands like cement. Has there ever been a worse list management decision in recent times? Freo lose Lobb, Acres and Logue who while no world beaters all solid citizens in a finals team with good future prospects. All for a bloke that played 5 minutes of good football in a grand final with two of the best midfielders of this generation probably making him look a bit better than he was.

The draft picks they gave up for him... Last year's pick 13 and this year's first and second which could end up being a top 7-8 and sub 30 pick this year if Freo continue to stink it up. On top of that has a contract rivalling Brodie Grundy despite being a quarter of the player Grundy once was.

I simply cannot remember a worse trade in recent times... Bowes you could argue that Gold Coast simply needed to do it and had a surplus of picks regardless of how ridiculous it seemed. Maybe Gibbs? That may have turned out, but Adelaide went and blew up their list by going on their looneyville camp which meant the Gibbs acquisition was basically useless and hamstrung their future because of it.

For a club that hasn't been able to snatch a premiership since their inception could this set them back another decade?

Discuss.
Well this is a surprise... Another arrogant Carlton flog sinking the boots on Freo.

Another op that's a Carlton fan and started a Freo bashing thread.

Carlton faced the swans in the last round at the SCG.

Carlton kicked 6 goals on Friday night. This Carlton side has 2 Coleman medal holders.

Put it simply..... Focus on your on team champ.

Funny how Carlton posters on here have started some anti Freo threads and it has backfired badly on both ends.

One end Freo form is good.

The other end is Carlton is out of form. At the rate they are going, Carlton's finals hopes could be gone In a month

For what it’s worth I didn’t think the Kelly trade was too bad at all for WCE.
It’s not like you gave up on any guns with those picks.
Not selecting Chad Warner in 2019 was a much bigger * up
That draft could have been a belter for them. They also picked Ben Johnson three picks before Freo took Michael Frederick.

ouch

For what it’s worth I didn’t think the Kelly trade was too bad at all for WCE.
It’s not like you gave up on any guns with those picks.
Not selecting Chad Warner in 2019 was a much bigger * up
Well say that the eagles didnt trade In Tim Kelly at the end of 2019... Would that WA kids used in that mid 2019 1st rounder and mid 2nd rounder in 2019 make a difference?

Those 2 players would not make a difference in 2020 and 2021.

Might make a difference it in 2022 onwards

The whole 'this trade has set club back X years' is such hyperbolic rubbish (except for that famous Carlton/O'Reilly meme maybe).

Clubs muff draft picks all the time, one or two years doesn't cripple anyone. Missing two extra good young players because of Kelly aren't why the eagles are where they are. It takes years of barren drafts and bad decisions to get to that stage.

Jackson would have cost a high draft pick to draft anyway, so it's only one extra 'wasted' first rounder on top of that. One missed first rounder isn't going to cripple a club, most clubs have a dud first round pick on a fairly regular basis.

Without looking at the stats there would have to be 5 or so first rounders most years who end up not much chop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we overpaid but the guy is a matchwinner who looks to be worth every pick.

Not so chirpy these days are we?
Suck a fat one, goddamn. What a pathetic bunch of s**t Fremantle was on the weekend!
Dees walked into the bye taking care of the Top Of The Table premiership favourites at the G.
Freo couldn't even beat a goddamn GWS :$
* that, Freo couldn't even keep it to ten goals.

Dropped three places on the ladder hmmm? Pick 6 baby, I think you can do better. Go get daddy that Top 5 picky thanks!!!!

Suck a fat one, goddamn. What a pathetic bunch of s**t Fremantle was on the weekend!
Dees walked into the bye taking care of the Top Of The Table premiership favourites at the G.

Dropped three places on the ladder hmmm? Pick 6 baby, I think you can do better. Go get daddy that Top 5 picky thanks!!!!
Never change Toump <3
Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

Get triggered some more 😂

Ummm ....no. Its hard to take your posts seriously, because you are a troll....

Still Think the Luke Jackson trade will set back freo for 5 seasons? Unlikely.

They said the same thing when we got Jesse Hogan from your mob at the end of 2018. That was apparently gonna set back freo 5 seasons too. Hogan trade didnt pan out for freo. But the dockers made finals in 2022.

Also... your team lost to Freo at the MCG.... The MCG is the demons sacred land. lol

Ummm ....no. Its hard to take your posts seriously, because you are a troll....

Still Think the Luke Jackson trade will set back freo for 5 seasons? Unlikely.

They said the same thing when we got Jesse Hogan from your mob at the end of 2018. That was apparently gonna set back freo 5 seasons too. Hogan trade didnt pan out for freo. But the dockers made finals in 2022.

Also... your team lost to Freo at the MCG.... The MCG is the demons sacred land. lol
So your idea of not going backwards is making finals in a single season and then very likely missing the following season? Geez.

I guess that will give you comfort when you miss the 8 again

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Yeah well....

Dont get me wrong, I will cherish that 2022 elim final win vs the dogs to be fair. 1st finals win since 2015. We nipped that in the bum quickly.
To be fair the 2018 finals series (2 wins) were the most enjoyable football games I have been too, so I feel ya

Still Think the Luke Jackson trade will set back freo for 5 seasons?
I never thought that in the first place?

They said the same thing when we got Jesse Hogan from your mob at the end of 2018. That was apparently gonna set back freo 5 seasons too.
I don't give a stuff about Freo outside of giving us mad deals at trade time.
You gave up one of the King Brothers for House Party Hoges, we got a dual-AA backman who helped us to a flag.
We did really well out of that trade. You got nothing.

Hogan trade didnt pan out for freo. But the dockers made finals in 2022.
And imagine how well you could have done if you used the first round pick you gave up for Hoges on something decent? Might even make finals in 2023!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back