Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

The first half really costed the game. Just let England dominate, and do their possession

They came out hard and were aggressive and had the ball on a string .
They were hard and over over Kerr.

Hard to say if the Aussies had another 20% of the ball if it would a difference.

I thing I noticed in the first half one girl had it going forward I though a sneaky pass to folwer might of been better, at 28 min mark.

If you ever played the game you would agree. That defending was sub standard period.

Was but Ellie was out of position she was poor but I’ll gut her some slack. It’s an issue if she’s the backup in that role though she’s too small.

Sub standard but not a howler or by any means a massive mistake even. Just a bad bounce etc. Bigger error would be why were the 2 defenders so far apart when the only danger was that long ball down the middle. No need to be so far apart.
That was a howler as bad as it gets in afraid. Not once but twice she failed to get her body behind the ball. Inexcusable.

That was a howler as bad as it gets in afraid. Not once but twice she failed to get her body behind the ball. Inexcusable.

She shouldn’t be playing that role- that’s on the coach. Look at the size between Carpenter and Kennedy it’s like a foot difference. A bigger body would have helped tonight massively.

Unaccustomed role for Ellie; she'll be better for that in the future. Sticking the boots in like this is not helpful even if you believe it to be as you say.

All she needed to do was get her body behind the ball and clear it for a corner at worse

Maybe so and it wasn’t her best moment but I blame the coaching way more. I’d have never had her in that role

She shouldn’t be playing that role- that’s on the coach. Look at the size between Carpenter and Kennedy it’s like a foot difference. A bigger body would have helped tonight massively.
You're playing a semi final for your country. Supposedly one of the best dozen players in the country. That was sub standard for anyone who's played the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a lot for the skill level on display

Mens World cup got 7 x the amount but works different. For men all the money goes right to the FA who then pay out bonuses. For women half goes to the FA, half goes to the players

The African and South American nations have been so bad at paying the female players out of the winnings, FIFA have taken the money out of their hands and instead now do it themselves and pay the players for playing thesmelves, no longer involving the countries FAs . Simply put, if the money Nigeria got went to the Nigerian FA, the women would not have been paid 1 single cent. It was a issue they changed after the 2015 World Cup and nearly half of the teams didnt get paid

Kerr seemed pretty shitty in that post match presser. Obviously she's never gonna be happy to lose but she seemed quite tense by her usual easy-going style.
I don’t blame her.
Scores a cracking goal to equalise and then the defence shit the bed over a basic long ball.

You're playing a semi final for your country. Supposedly one of the best dozen players in the country. That was sub standard for anyone who's played the game.
Get over it. It's worse for the girls. They have to regroup, learn and improve. Not deserving of all this castigation.

Even a newby can see they loosely defended most of the game. The ref enabled physicality. Should have gone with it
Every england player had 15 kilos on us. Physical game wouldnt have worked except to get a few of us injured. We were a few Kerr moments and shit defending away. If wed been played off the park sure but we had 1 less shot on target from a much more fancied outfit. Weight of play went about as well as we could have hoped.

I don’t blame her.
Scores a cracking goal to equalise and then the defence s**t the bed over a basic long ball.
And then butchers 2 opportunities afterwards

Swings and roundabouts and what not

The focus on Sam Kerr thoug has been very embarassing to watch overall. I feel bad for the other girls having to put up with it

And then butchers 2 opportunities afterwards

Swings and roundabouts and what not

The focus on Sam Kerr thoug has been very embarassing to watch overall. I feel bad for the other girls having to put up with it
Yeah she did miss. But she had put us in a position to win the game.
England lob the ball down the middle and Carpenter fails to clear.
Game over.
It’s a cruel game.

Get over it. It's worse for the girls. They have to regroup, learn and improve. Not deserving of all this castigation.
They’re not delicate flowers ‘the girls’ they are professional athletes and should be treated as such. Carpenter was shit all tournament, Raso runs a lot but wastes opportunities and is very average on the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back