The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Villa underwhelming? Duff underwhelming?

I am very excited about Villa, it will be huge for the game but its only 10 games. It's not going to have a massive bearing on our season especially considering its only for the start of the season and not finals etc. He hasn't even trained with the club yet?

Damien Duff is 35.

I'm just comparing our signings to some of the other clubs and we haven't done anything special. Maybe my expectations were a little to high, I just thought at the very least we would still be signing a big name Australian Marquee and another quality player.

I am very excited about Villa, it will be huge for the game but its only 10 games. It's not going to have a massive bearing on our season especially considering its only for the start of the season and not finals etc. He hasn't even trained with the club yet?

Damien Duff is 35.

I'm just comparing our signings to some of the other clubs and we haven't done anything special. Maybe my expectations were a little to high, I just thought at the very least we would still be signing a big name Australian Marquee and another quality player.
No other clubs have come even close to our signings.

Paartalu in, strong rumours Kennedy will join from Jan. A left back still needed.

Hardly a horrible off-season.

People expected Messi.

We've made some very good signings. We currently have a squad capable of winning the league.

Gun defensive midfielder for Roar during their initial domination a few years back. Will be a great partner with Mooy in the centre of midfield

If he recaptures the form he was in during Ange's tenure then he'll be a great signing, have to say though that he struggled under Mulvey and sort of disappeared a bit after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garruccio ?
He's a winger, wouldn't feel comfortable with him at the back. Right now I'd have:

Redmayne
Hoffman - Wielart - Chapman - Kisnorbo
Mooy - Paartalu
Dugandzic - Williams - Duff
Villa
We also need another forward. Can we get Kennedy already?

He's a winger, wouldn't feel comfortable with him at the back. Right now I'd have:

Redmayne
Hoffman - Wielart - Chapman - Kisnorbo
Mooy - Paartalu
Dugandzic - Williams - Duff
Villa
We also need another forward. Can we get Kennedy already?

Team lacks Koren. Will play every game.

I guarantee you Garuccio or Ramsey will be LB. The former was very impressive in his role there last year and kept Behich out of the side. Germano may also come into the calculation.

Koren will be #10 Williams on the right, Duff on the left.

Window is closed, can only sign free agents

What's going on with Villa? Is he still definitely playing?

Haven't heard anything about him in ages, he hasn't even trained with the club yet and the season is a few weeks away.

People expected Messi.

We've made some very good signings. We currently have a squad capable of winning the league.

An A-League team signing Duff, Koren, Mooy, Paartalu and David ******* Villa is a monstrous off-season. And threatening to use the Aussie marquee spot.

Does Germano go to LB or do we play one of our Centre-Halves there?

Ramsay has mainly been playing there in the preseason and has been pretty underwhelming. Garruccio looked like he could do a job there last, if required. Personally, I'd be hoping we have one last visa player stashed somewhere to fill that gap. If that happens and Kennedy arrives in early 2015 as our Australian marquee to take over from the departing Villa, that's a bloody good squad.

Ramsay has mainly been playing there in the preseason and has been pretty underwhelming. Garruccio looked like he could do a job there last, if required. Personally, I'd be hoping we have one last visa player stashed somewhere to fill that gap. If that happens and Kennedy arrives in early 2015 as our Australian marquee to take over from the departing Villa, that's a bloody good squad.
I like Ramsay, but he's not a defender. Do we know how Chapman would go as a fullback? I must admit I've never seen him play. I hope we get another Centre Half as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back