The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just found this thread. Can't believe I didn't think to look earlier. Been a Heart fan since they came in and now with City I am a first year member.

Great win tonight. That second half was about as well as I've seen the side play.

Really like the additions of Jaliens and Baharudin in recent weeks. And Kennedy looks like he is starting to own the box a bit more and should improve. Needs pace around him though which is why Williams complements him well.

Hope to see a solid few weeks coming up. Building form has always been a struggle for this club.

I enjoyed JVS' goal line reaction to Jesus' goal almost as much as the goal itself.

We haven't been playing badly, we just can't use our chances properly.

We know how to dominate sides, usually fail to add goals to that domination. Thought we were cooked again last night after we went down. Was a good finish.

We know how to dominate sides, usually fail to add goals to that domination. Thought we were cooked again last night after we went down. Was a good finish.
Could you ever see yourself follow Man City, rather than Man U? There are now 4 "City " teams, the latest in Japan. Certainly sets up the future really well for hands on recruits, apart from the $ stability.
I must admit to following Man City as much as Arsenal now, being a TV supporter makes it easy I guess.

Could you ever see yourself follow Man City, rather than Man U? There are now 4 "City " teams, the latest in Japan. Certainly sets up the future really well for hands on recruits, apart from the $ stability.
I must admit to following Man City as much as Arsenal now, being a TV supporter makes it easy I guess.
Absolutely ******* not.

Yuck.

Absolutely ******* not.

Yuck.
Not support, just take an interest due to their ownership of Melb City?
Fair enough. Your support is obviously deeper than mine. I could never sway from Geelong, but soccer is more a newer passion for me, 10 years.

Not support, just take an interest due to their ownership of Melb City?
Fair enough. Your support is obviously deeper than mine. I could never sway from Geelong, but soccer is more a newer passion for me, 10 years.
I personally hope Man City crash and burn.

Touche
Gunners man.
Each to their own, make sense to follow Man City if you didn't have a strong affiliation with Arsenal to begin with
Interesting that some people can have really strong support for EPL teams from afar and may be unlikely to ever attend a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge match next week. We have a horrid record against Central Coast (1 win in 14) so we really need to turn that around if we're serious about finals.

Good win. Baharudin is definitely our best RB. Williams is playing much better on a wing. If Jesus plays his best football he'd be close to the best striker in the A-League. Maybe behind Berisha and Burns, but that's it. I'm coming around to the 4-3-3, I think we should go with this next game:

Velaphi
Baharudin - Chapman - Kisnorbo - Clisby
Mooy - Paartalu - Retre
Williams - Kennedy - Koren
Although I wouldn't object to seeing Mauk get a few minutes.
Ah, safuwan played right wing back 1st half a and left back second half?
Jaaliens played rb

Huge match next week. We have a horrid record against Central Coast (1 win in 14) so we really need to turn that around if we're serious about finals.

Central Coast has been top three every season, since we joined the league. This year, the Mariners are mediocre, at best. Plus, Melling aside, unless we get a replacement for Duff, our best team is available (I can't put Dugandzic in there...he's been rubbish this year). Plus, the two previous games against them this season were complete and utter embarrassments. There's simply no excuses. Mariners, Wanderers and Jets in the next fortnight. Let's see if it's going to be a sustained run this time, or another one week wonder.

Jaliens has been impressive. I'll put my hand up...didn't want him anywhere near this team. I'm no A-League junkie, but from what I had seen of him, I knew he was a mate of Engelaar's (positive) and that as captain of the Jets this season, he'd given a post match interview following a loss where he essentially said 'What do you expect? I can't do everything myself' (not good), that in the following match, he was red carded and suspended, when the game was already lost (really, not good) and that he was ultimately sacked. By Newcastle. When Chapman got into a mini-screaming match with him, following Adelaide's goal, I thought 'Here we go...' But, right now, I'd be more than comfortable with signing him for next year, couldn't care less that he's old.

Good to see the boys play with a bit of passion on Friday (especially Koren), good to see Ramsay go some way to breaking out of his season-long funk, good to see Murdocca making the most of his opportunity to start, good to see all of the new guys do their bit (I actually thought Clisby was one of our better players in the first half) and really good to see Williams starting to get back to his best. And the crowd noise was very promising, though the actual size of the crowd was pathetic.

We are a far better team with Williams on the ground. He just makes things happen.
When he's playing well, yes. When he's out of form, he can be pretty terrible.

When he's playing well, yes. When he's out of form, he can be pretty terrible.

And it could also be a case of him doing his best work as an impact player off the bench. From memory, a fair portion of his goals last year (he finished second in the golden boot...pretty good going, considering how rubbish we were) came when he was subbed on, rather than starting on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back