Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone needs to open up window in here...and let the groove shake the hips. Let's go Karen!

Those clips are brilliant James. :):thumbsu: When I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago, CG and I went disco-ing with a few friends and no lie, we were definitely busting a few moves from the 1st clip!!

Favorite 90's - Is it scary that this covers 1/4 of a century.. nah, either giving a history lesson
or bringing back memories :cool: Will always promote Aussie artists so kicking off with..

Have said previously that Dookie & Ten are 2 of my fav albums, sorta fitting that the next comes from 1 of those -

It feels like yesterday that I was listening to these hits from the 90's-(was an interesting time in music :thumbsu:)

OK - let's face it, when all is said and done, 1979 was the year 'Pop' was at its more pure, inventive, heartfelt, erotic and sublime.

Every single week you could have bought a dozen new 7" singles and fallen in love with nearly every one of them.

Just a sample of why 1979 was the year pop freed our souls...Part 1

Those clips are brilliant James. :):thumbsu: When I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago, CG and I went disco-ing with a few friends and no lie, we were definitely busting a few moves from the 1st clip!!
What?

I've died and gone to music heaven. Didn't realise 1979 was THAT good. :)
Had to check, but this one is also from 1979, and we definitely danced to it on our disco night-

Which bit VC? I came down to Melbourne for a bit of footy and partying, and yes, we went to a very cool disco in the city. One of CG's friends dressed as John Travolta-was hilarious!!
Felt like I was back in the 70's. Was so good. :thumbsu:

We're getting very specific here, but believe these two little gems qualify for '79.

I was really young when I first heard both, but instantly loved them. They kinda paved my musical direction.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's Something About Mary is definitely a ''guilty pleasures'' movie of mine. Still watch it every now and then, still gives me a laugh (perhaps it's a case of simple things amusing my simple mind).

And CG, it had to be The Pixies to finish off Fight Club, stellar choice.

Here's ''Surf Rider'', which I think is a fitting tune for Pulp Fiction to end with.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back