Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stadium design is terrible. Lack of wooden seats upsets me, I like stretching out on the benches when there's space. Combine that with the ridiculous notion of wifi everywhere at the stadium (you should be watching the game!) and drink holders in every seat (further compounding the obesity and diabetic issues in this state) and all in all it's another expensive waste of money that could have been better spent on hospitals or schools. As long as they're not built close to where I live of course.

None out of ten.
some one go out of the wrong side of the bed.
people want wifi every where now days.
as majority of Australian's being tight asses, fat stupid and lazy, but demand top wages, demand the best, but dont want to pay for it.

some one go out of the wrong side of the bed.
people want wifi every where now days.
as majority of Australian's being tight asses, fat stupid and lazy, but demand top wages, demand the best, but dont want to pay for it.
Woosh.

Disagree big time.

Last A-League season alone there was 6 sellouts. The season before there was 5. Remember an AAMI Park Sellout for a Victory match is 23k due to the 22k members they have and not all attending (much like Essendon's 45k sell outs with Etihad). If Victory played all its 14 home games at the stadium (if it wasn't for the amazing Docklands deal they have) they'd be at least another 4 sellouts.

Olympic Park was a hovel in its last days. Served the City well. Docklands might do well for Victory matches that draw 40k plus but that atmosphere is lost and a 20k+ Swan Street crowd s***s all over it.

Both the Rugby codes struggle to get more than 12,000 to most games and in the case of the Storm its not very impressive as they have been at or near the top of the NRL from day one.

Both the Rugby codes struggle to get more than 12,000 to most games and in the case of the Storm its not very impressive as they have been at or near the top of the NRL from day one.

Next thing you'll claim Melbourne is an AFL city, or that its tough for Aussie Rules in Sydney - hold the presses finders is posting soon !!

Next thing you'll claim Melbourne is an AFL city, or that its tough for Aussie Rules in Sydney - hold the presses finders is posting soon !!

Just saying. Sydney Swans in RL heartland with less success than the Storm over the journey get much ay bigger crowds and considering Melbourne is not much smaller than Sydney and the Storm are a one city team they should be getting better crowds by now.

Surely its not that hard to get at least 30,000 supporters and NRL loving expats in a city of 4.3 million?

What will the dimensions of the field be if anyone knows? In comparison to any other stadium? I hope they keep it similar to Subiaco, love seeing a variety of grounds, shapes and sizes in the league. Plus the last thing you want is another tiny ground with todays style of footy, will create boring defensive snooze fests most games if it is to small

What will the dimensions of the field be if anyone knows? In comparison to any other stadium? I hope they keep it similar to Subiaco, love seeing a variety of grounds, shapes and sizes in the league. Plus the last thing you want is another tiny ground with todays style of footy, will create boring defensive snooze fests most games if it is to small

165 x 130 m

more here: http://www.perthstadium.com.au/premier-announces-key-design-principles-for-perth-major-stadium

Look at the exterior; it's just concrete and glass. Nothing about it is pretty or memorable.

Hmm I agree with the exterior, with the southern stand at least. 80% of the stadium is surrounded by Yarra Park, which hides the concrete look of the stadium from the outside when you're walking towards the ground. The ground definitely looks better from the Northern stand side than the Southern from the outside.

The inside of the G is nothing short of spectacular, and this aspect of the stadium was the first thing to come to mind for that reason. Nothing bland about it in that respect IMO.

Anyway, back to the Perth stadium discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stadium design is terrible. Lack of wooden seats upsets me, I like stretching out on the benches when there's space. Combine that with the ridiculous notion of wifi everywhere at the stadium (you should be watching the game!) and drink holders in every seat (further compounding the obesity and diabetic issues in this state) and all in all it's another expensive waste of money that could have been better spent on hospitals or schools. As long as they're not built close to where I live of course.

None out of ten.

Maybe or perhaps you have a real fat arse and that's why you prefer the wooden seats so other people have to deal with you taking up 2 spaces while the poor old eagles member is pinned against the rusty dodgy half fence while you enjoy your half time snack.

Maybe or perhaps you have a real fat arse and that's why you prefer the wooden seats so other people have to deal with you taking up 2 spaces while the poor old eagles member is pinned against the rusty dodgy half fence while you enjoy your half time snack.

None out of ten.

Mate - we are not at Bassendean Oval in 1972 those Benches at Subi are shithouse!

Mate - we are not at Bassendean Oval in 1972 those Benches at Subi are shithouse!

whoosh.gif

I hope they make it a revolving stadium. Set it to complete one circuit of the playing arena every quarter. That way when we play a Lyon or Roos coached team we get to actually see all 36 players crammed at one end.

Last edited:
I hope they make it a revolving stadium. Set it at one revolution every quarter. That way when we play a Lyon or Ross coached team we get to actually see all 36 players crammed at one end.
Cool. We should have scoreboards instead of ad boards, so we can see by how much the Eagles are getting flogged – all the time and from any angle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back