FTA-TV The Newsroom

Remove this Banner Ad

Smashed out season 3 over Christmas/New Year and quite enjoyed it (particularly the earlier eps), think season 2 killed this show sadly (season 1 still the best for mine). The ending seemed pretty rushed too and kind of tacky but overall, thought it was a good series.

Watched the whole series in December. Awesome series. Loved the LOST style flashbacks in the finale. One of my favorite series of all time.

Smashed out season 3 over Christmas/New Year and quite enjoyed it (particularly the earlier eps), think season 2 killed this show sadly (season 1 still the best for mine). The ending seemed pretty rushed too and kind of tacky but overall, thought it was a good series.

The show was not supposed to end but Aaron Sorkin didn't want to continue on with the show. Hence the abrupt ending.

Watched the whole series in December. Awesome series. Loved the LOST style flashbacks in the finale. One of my favorite series of all time.

The show was not supposed to end but Aaron Sorkin didn't want to continue on with the show. Hence the abrupt ending.

Ah really? I thought for some reason it was due to season 2 (from memory it didn't go down well with both audiences and reviewers alike?). That's a shame if it was just because Sorkin didn't want to continue with it - could have passed the baton to another showrunner surely?

Bump.

So over the last fortnight, I've gone back and am re-watching the show (3 eps left until I've finished) and for whatever reason, I think I'm enjoying it more this second time round than I did the first.

I recall thinking season 2 was disappointing but I actually enjoyed it on re viewing it. Shame the show ended - especially the rather abrupt note it did on.

Gave up on this in season 2. Might've stuck around if it decided to be a drama or a comedy and not a C+ version of both.

Yeah, never bothered with the final season of this.

I remember finding the poorness of the show frustrating, because I liked pretty much the entire cast. I had a similar reaction to 'Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip', which suffered from a lot of the same problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back