• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumblings! Rumours! Predictions! Mail! Maybe? Maybe not? I heard! She said! Precedent! Firming! Bullish! Rumblings! Rumours!

Maybe we sacked our coach because he was rubbish, and we are going quietly about the process of finding a new one.

Maybe he will be better than Sanderson. Maybe he won't. Maybe it's more about the coaching team and club culture than an individual.

Maybe we don't have any info yet because we aren't supposed to yet.

McCartney, Hird and McKenna are all in danger of losing their jobs and it has been on the cards for a while..
There is a chance we are having a few issues with getting our coaching panel together (senior coach, senior assistant type and assistants) as this is lurking in the background as well..

See Stiffy 18' s post.

We get it - it's just that a few of us maybe thought the club was past this kind of effort
I think the timing was complicated by the CEO appt, otherwise it would have been earlier.

I would hope that at the very least we had a hit list of prospective coaches to call asap post the sacking.

McCartney, Hird and McKenna are all in danger of losing their jobs and it has been on the cards for a while..
There is a chance we are having a few issues with getting our coaching panel together (senior coach, senior assistant type and assistants) as this is lurking in the background as well..

IMO let's not hold back naming the coach because we are waiting to fill other positions around him

I guess we'd better be pretty meticulous about it then.

And yet you can propose no viable alternative...
I alluded to it earlier - the timing.

But I get it - you're satisfied with what what's happening and that's fair enough - but I'm not.

Scrambling around for whoever is available, with now 2 other clubs in the market is an ordinary look.

It's why players choose Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow said:
I hope like hell we don't lose Bass to another club. Any chance Bass is here not for the interview but announcement?

I was wondering the same thing.

if our coach was still in the finals there wasnt much point in sacking him earlier was there?
Not like we could have announced them until now either way.
true but we could of ensured we announced it early this week. We are all assuming that they eill announce this week but I personally think its unlikely as we haven't allowed enough time for the process. I reckon we will go into trade week coachless. I hope I'm wrong.

What a bunch of nervous nellies.
Can you blame us?!

Trigg and Co have turned a powerhouse into a club on its knees off field, underperforming on it…to the brink of AFL irrelevance.

The only thing which keeps the AFC from fading into obscurity is the best supporter base in the land…but even that one feels will be at breaking point if we slip further.

Thank God Ricciuto, and hopefully Fagan, have joined with the remnant of quality at the AFC to turn this around.

And turn it around they must, ASAP.

This is easily the most critical juncture in our history. Port have for the first time really gained relevance thanks to AFL handouts, good luck in getting the last/right man standing, and subsequent excellent management from there. For the first time we risk becoming the 2nd team in town unless we start trending upwards again. Excellence will be required in every area, not the complacent mediocrity we have been subjected to with the worst administration we've ever had.

Getting the right coach not just for next year, but hopefully for the next decade, will be MASSIVE.

IMO let's not hold back naming the coach because we are waiting to fill other positions around him
Maybe the coach hasn't been decided on..
Or he is weighing up offers..
Or was decided on but has now been courted by another club..

I dunno, but we have no idea..
Anything could be going on at the moment..

If McKenna & McCartney are free, let's get them as assistants. Bailey was brilliant for us. All we need now is a head coach :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back