• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker, now signed up and first post.

While he will more than likely be appointed as an assistant, has anyone considered ROK to possibly take top spot?
He was interviewed well before any of the others, and at the time hadn't decided whether he would play on - so a head coach position could have swayed that decision, with the option of having a senior assistant to mentor him. I imagine it wouldn't go down too well with supporters though.

Then again all the uncertainty and rumours have probably got to my head and i'm talking absolute crap. Just wanted to have some input in the 300 pages of confusion.

Early interview was probably Sando guaranteeing 22 games in 2015 & 2016.

Well, maybe it was the same source then .. haha.

I struggle to believe that a coach of that calibre and standing would allow that sort of decision to be impacted by anything at such a late stage - there is nothing that occurred that he wouldn't have already considered as a possibility. Had they lost, people would say that he had unfinished business and so back-flipped. Now that they won, everyone says he wants to stick around for the three-peat. Clarko knew how good he had it. If he had committed to the Crows, even verbally, then he would be coaching us in 2015 - irrespective of last weekend.

I think the issue is that being GF week it forced him to publicly quash the scoop in no uncertain terms. He even stated along the lines that he's contracted and seeing it out is an issue of integrity and anyone who knows him well knows he wouldn't leave mid-contract. Even if he'd agreed verbally prior, he was never going to be able to follow through having publicly put his integrity on the line. No different to previous year with Sheahan and the Eagles scoop.

Now Jars is a dick for saying it but I think it wouldn't have impacted on Clarksons decision, I think the fact they won and Clarkson realised how good he had it would have had more impact.

Agree. The notion that a leak would change Clarko's mind is silly. It either never happened, or Clarko said he's interested but needs to see how the season pans out first, or he's still coming (not favoured by the evidence). But not hinging on a leak.

Not at all.
A rumour and that is all it is was that we were right into Clarkson and he was keen but he had the grand final to worry about.
Jarman being the self important news breaker that he thinks he is broke confidentiality and released the scoop.
Clarkson back peddled at a hundred miles an hour, he didn't need his team distracted before a GF and came out and said 'he was going nowhere'.
Our management really thought they had him but clown Jarman couldn't help himself. If you believe the story he was blasted from pillar to post by a certain MMM colleague who maybe on the selection panel. Just a rumour going around.

Cos hawthorn threatened legal action.

If the leak hadn't have come out then maybe clarko could have sold it to hawthorn that even though he was contracted he wanted to move on to other things, taken em to plenty of finals got a few flags. As it was with the leak, imagine it from the Hawthorn perspective, especially if they lose the grand final, imagine the headlines, coaches mind not on the job, Crows over power Vic club mightyness and all that, Clarko traitor, even if they win, Crows steal Hawk mastermind from under their noses. As soon as it came out before GF, there was no hope, hawks shut the door and threw away the key.

This is all just my speculation, no sources, just the best explanation to fit the facts that I can see.

Only thing it doesnt explain is how or why the Crows leaked so bad this time. They were good on Fagan. I guess there is more interest in this one and so more potential for leaks. With Sando, it wasnt that it was leak free necessarily, I think it was officially announced same day or one day after so no time for a leak.

Interesting mystery.

Anyway, my coaching preferences:
1. Bassett
2. Harvey
3. Eade or Ratten
4. Tudor, Sumich, Dew, Blakey, Bolton all equal.

Harvey very close to Bassett. Would be happy for Harvey or Ratten to be senior asst to Bassett. Hopefully get those two and another assistant changeout and that would be a good new mix.

If anyone here regularly calls or msgs 5aa then I'd be very grateful, that if, while they are talking about this coach bizzo, you could ask them to ask someone who's gone for a coaching job and done a "presentation" what's in these presentations. I'm assuming its an analysis of the club they'd be heading to, their strengths and weaknesses (based on a lot of stats) and how the presenter plans to address these. Prolly also an analysis of where the game as a whole is heading and I'm also assuming there is a bit of a explanation of past systems the presenter has been involved in and how that worked (or not) again backed up by stats. But as I said, this is all just assumptions, I'd love to get an insight into it, so if anyone does do it, can they post up on here the reply.

I was thinking much the same thing when I read the media reports that he did not think we were a good fit for him.

I get a feeling he could struggle here as did another Tasmanian coach in Robert Shaw.

Both of them have a great understanding of VFL/AFL footy in Melbourne. They all grow up following what is happening in Victoria.

Going to a footy mad state west of Victoria could be a real culture shock. I’ve seen it when I take my Tassie family members to the footy here, it’s blown them away. The one sided nature of our crowds freaks them out.

Shaw at least had his playing days at a rising powerhouse at Essendon to lean on. That should have helped him handle the pressures of managing a big club. Bolton has only ever played in the Tassie State League. He also coached the old Tassie Devils VFL side, so that could provide some insights into running a state based club. I don’t think that’s enough.

I’d still prefer to stick to guys who have good AFL playing records at strong clubs (Basset, Ratten, McKenna, Dew). It is a huge advantage to handling the pressure here.
Didn't Bolton coach Box Hill Hawks to a premiership? Not that I want him but that's pretty much on a par with coaching a SANFL side.

If the coaching panel elect Bass and he fails, I dont think many Crows supporters will seek blood compared to someone else to be honest.

Bass will be given the opportunity to at least try his best and possibly stumble along the way without the scrutiny that a Bolton, Dew or Tudor would carry.

Clarko was never coming to Adelaide. It was a nice idea but that's all. AFC could very well have been in touch, and he may very well have said "let's talk". If I was being head-hunted, I'd want to hear what was on the table. You would too. Doesn't mean you're going to leave your employer and walk away from the project that you've been working on for years - particularly when it's succeeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Bolton coach Box Hill Hawks to a premiership? Not that I want him but that's pretty much on a par with coaching a SANFL side.

He took them to a semi in his first year and a preliminary in his second year. Both years they finished 5th at the end of the minor round.

Clarko was never coming to Adelaide. It was a nice idea but that's all. AFC could very well have been in touch, and he may very well have said "let's talk". If I was being head-hunted, I'd want to hear what was on the table. You would too. Doesn't mean you're going to leave your employer and walk away from the project that you've been working on for years - particularly when it's succeeding.

Could also assist him in setting up future contracts to get an idea of his net worth on an open market.

Danger's manager would be foolish for example to not find out how much he could get at another club in order to set up a potential next contract with us.

Could also assist him in setting up future contracts to get an idea of his net worth on an open market.

Danger's manager would be foolish for example to not find out how much he could get at another club in order to set up a potential next contract with us.

Exactly.

We know Sando was sacked promptly, even before the new CEO started.
We know we did not have an immediate replacement lined up.
We know that we will enter trade week without a recruitment manager or a coach. This is crap for a club in our position recovering from sanctions and having a star being non committal.
We know that Roo at least called Goodwin.
We know that there have been leaks about what a great coach was lined up that doesn't seem to surface now.
We know that people are counting themselves out of the race.
We know that Rowe and Cprnes are club ambassadors and are disappointed by what's happening.
We know that the club is in great need of good news before trade week but none seems forthcoming.

It all points to something going wrong along the timeline SOMEWHERE. But that's not certain of course.

heroes_45947_top.jpg

BTTF2tangent.jpg

Sorry if this has been address before in other threads, could someone please tell me and quote this message, how you are able to look at more than 2 articles on the advertiser?

The replacing of "adelaidenow" in the link with "news" (which used to work all the time) does not work anymore thanks.

Sorry if this has been address before in other threads, could someone please tell me and quote this message, how you are able to look at more than 2 articles on the advertiser?

The replacing of "adelaidenow" in the link with "news" (which used to work all the time) does not work anymore thanks.

Install Chrome, open the links in Incognito mode.

I voted 0-2 for most questions regarding my satisfaction with the performance of the club and administration, as well as how they treat the members.

I'm waiting for Chapman to take these results as proof that we should've done more to keep Trigg, because I'm so unhappy with the "current" administration.

I voted pretty much the same, and then tee'd off in the the "Other Comments" bit at the end with a lengthy bulleted list of frustrations.

Gave great marks for members services though, always very helpful.

Back on topic, I'd love to see Bass get the senior gig. Ever since reading this article a few years ago I thought he might just be the guy to realistically assess some of our players and realise their full potential.

Delete ur search history works on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back