Prediction The Next Month

How many games will we win in the next month?

• None

Votes: 3 6.1%

Votes: 2 4.1%

Votes: 14 28.6%

Votes: 21 42.9%

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
The next Month will likely be the most difficult of the home and away season. Port away, Saints and Melbourne at Marvel and then Freo at Optus.

I think we will learn a lot about this team, and if we can meet the challenge could be the confidence boost to carry us deep into finals.

2 and 2 would be the minimum requirements for a pass mark.

how do you think we’ll go?

Saints always give the Dogs trouble and I can’t remember the last time the Dogs beat Freo in Perth, maybe 2010? I don’t see them are an easy win.

Funny enough the Dogs play decent against Port and Melbourne in recent years, even with some closer losses.

The next six weeks actually. We have Cats and Eagles both away straight after the bye. A tough, tough stretch of six games. Go 3-3 in those six games we should be able to handle the last 8 games comfortably.
Wow, got to the end of the month and figured it must lighten up after that. Should I update the poll?

The next six weeks actually. We have Cats and Eagles both away straight after the bye. A tough, tough stretch of six games. Go 3-3 in those six games we should be able to handle the last 8 games comfortably.
Actually now I remember, it’s cause we have the bye after that. So a bit of a breather before this next two.

I think 2-2 is fine, 3-1 would be great.

Looking at the fixture earlier in the year it seemed to me like it split into three phases - 6, 8 and 8.
- We needed to be probably 5-1 with a fairly benign set of games where the only potential difficult opponents were at home, and exceeded that with 6-0.
- Middle eight games were a brutal stretch, with Richmond at MCG, Port/Cats/Eagles away, another trip to Perth for Freo, then Marvel games against blues/saint/demons. 4-4 was my guess, anything more would prove we were genuine contenders. Currently 1-1.
- Last eight games are a fairly comfortable stretch home, should really be 6-2 at worst if we are a contender.

We'll likely win one or maybe two games where we're underdogs, and drop one or two we shouldn't. But 16-6 should be feasible from here provided we don't play like we did for the middle part of the game yesterday.....

If we win two in this block we'll have done alright. Port in Adelaide is as hard as it gets. Melbourne are the best team in the comp. It's bloody hard to win in WA. Saints game seems the most winnable but they save their best footy for when they play us.

If we win two in this block we'll have done alright. Port in Adelaide is as hard as it gets. Melbourne are the best team in the comp. It's bloody hard to win in WA. Saints game seems the most winnable but they save their best footy for when they play us.
Agree about the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-2 I reckon (I think we'll beat Saints and Demons). But like Bulldog Brent said, it's the next 6 games that are the issue, and sadly I think we will be doing VERY well to go 3-3. At the very least I would be happy with 3-3. If we somehow snuck 4-2 out of those 6 games we would be well set up to push for a Top 2 finish, I reckon. Whereas 2-4 would leave us back in the lower half of the 8 pack.

Simply have to beat Saints and Freo.

We need 16 wins to make top 4. Meaning we have 5 losses up our sleeve. Can’t afford to drop any of those type of games

tell me guys this kind of next 6 games tough run excite or worry you?

injuries on each side will play massive role here. I'd take 3-3 as minimum. Being toughest is Cats away, Eagle away, Demons by looking on how their current run

I still don’t feel like we’ve beaten anyone yet... This 4 week block is exciting as it’s a test against the best in hostile territory - I love playing the better teams because I hate over inflated egos. We win and the ego is justified

For some reason I think Port is gettable this weekend and we will beat Melbourne (even though I think they are playing well) and lose to St Kilda. We should beat Freo they are still a few years off. We always play crap against the saints they are like the blues where we just seem to consistently struggle

If we go 3-3 in the next 6 weeks, we will be 10-4 with players returning and a softish run home, so pretty well placed. Just depends on the nature of the losses.

I still don’t feel like we’ve beaten anyone yet... This 4 week block is exciting as it’s a test against the best in hostile territory - I love playing the better teams because I hate over inflated egos. We win and the ego is justified

I don't respect any side that loses to us. So it doesn't matter who we beat, I'll never be satisfied.

We should’ve beaten Port last year if JJ didn’t shit himself twice and cost us the game, Saints and Dees we will both be favorites against at Marvel and Freo away is 50/50. We are playing much better than last year, so I think we can win 3-4 of those. Eagles and Geelong away tough, but we will get important players back, and should challenge both!

Should beat Saints, now we have a ruck, Freo, possibly Port, because they have lost important players too i.e. Butters.

Geelong we are the annual AFL sacrifice to their small oddly shaped ground with their home umpires, so no. WestCoast, we have beaten them over there before and they are not going well so another 50/50. They just got over GC at home.
Melbourne I don’t think we will beat them, they are looking really good.

Back