Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks AS. I agree completely - only Lucas Cook comes close, if not surpasses our friend.
And thanks also for using to his official nomenclature: the Toump
Cook is far and away our worst ever pick, taken rounds, not places before expected. Cried at his first training session didn't he when someone yelled at him? Hard to believe he passed any psychological tests at draft camp. Toump would've been OK if he hadn't lost all his speed post-op imo.

Cook is far and away our worst ever pick, taken rounds, not places before expected. Cried at his first training session didn't he when someone yelled at him? Hard to believe he passed any psychological tests at draft camp. Toump would've been OK if he hadn't lost all his speed post-op imo.
I have fond memories of being shutdown and experiencing great abuse when I expressed outrage that we passed on Jack Darling for Lucas Cook. I have never been more sure of anything than I was that we would take Darling at pick 12, and I'm pretty sure that's the pinpoint moment in my life that my trust issues began.

I have fond memories of being shutdown and experiencing great abuse when I expressed outrage that we passed on Jack Darling for Lucas Cook. I have never been more sure of anything than I was that we would take Darling at pick 12, and I'm pretty sure that's the pinpoint moment in my life that my trust issues began.
Yep, I felt physically ill when I heard Cook's name called out on the radio at 12 with Darling available, having missed out on Lynch, who we wanted, by 1 pick.

Yep, I felt physically ill when I heard Cook's name called out on the radio at 12 with Darling available, having missed out on Lynch, who we wanted, by 1 pick.
I had exactly the same reaction when I heard the Toump get called out instead of Wines. I never had a good feeling about the Toump.

Yeah I felt the same way about Lynch, rated him top 3 in the draft. But I thought we'd at least surely be getting Darling at worst...

Yeah I felt the same way about Lynch, rated him top 3 in the draft. But I thought we'd at least surely be getting Darling at worst...

At least Lucas Cook never spilled a simple chest mark in a Grand Final for us. :drunk:

Also, has Port done any high pressure match simulation at training yet? That'll be The Toump's chance to shine.

Very touching. Love old family histories and recollections

Likewise. If I've learned one thing from my parents, it's to never skimp on good quality coat hangers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is burning up the training track in preseason. Can't use this form as a firm indicator until the season proper starts.

I dunno... check out the remains of Toump's place....

pindos-1.jpg

"SA local Jimmy Toumpas is glad to be home, judging by this photo! After joining the club late last year, the Adelaidean finally took the plunge and bought his own place. Congrats Jimmy! Now, an someone ring Corey Worthington?"

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-01-18/inside-alberton-january-18

Comments from West Horshamites

"SA local Jimmy Toumpas is glad to be home, judging by this photo! After joining the club late last year, the Adelaidean finally took the plunge and bought his own place. Congrats Jimmy! Now, an someone ring Corey Worthington?"

Before training
Parthenon-Dusk.jpg

After
the_parthenon_temple_of_athena_pallas.jpg

Well sod him and his house. I'm paying crippling rent to a lazy psychopath hiring a 14 year old as agent and contact.

Hot off the presses:

(Charlie) Dixon arrived at Port Adelaide weighing 111kg. But the bearded big man has shed 4kg during his three-month stint at Alberton.

“Charlie and Jimmy Toumpas are both in much better shape than when they arrived, which is a credit to the program that Darren Burgess runs,” Shaun Hart said.

“We think at the moment those guys are really running better and moving better than when they first arrived. They’re in great shape.”

Doubt no longer but believe - believe in the Toump!!!

Hot off the presses:

(Charlie) Dixon arrived at Port Adelaide weighing 111kg. But the bearded big man has shed 4kg during his three-month stint at Alberton.

“Charlie and Jimmy Toumpas are both in much better shape than when they arrived, which is a credit to the program that Darren Burgess runs,” Shaun Hart said.

“We think at the moment those guys are really running better and moving better than when they first arrived. They’re in great shape.”

Doubt no longer but believe - believe in the Toump!!!
The age old pot-the-previous-team's-regime. I like it.

Basically: "Wtf were the dees/$un$ doing to these kids? They arrived fat."

The age old pot-the-previous-team's-regime. I like it.

Basically: "Wtf were the dees/$un$ doing to these kids? They arrived fat."

And after a couple of months of Mum's home cooking, end of season trips and largely enjoying sitting around and doing nothing. Who'd have thunk it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back