Resource The Official SFA Match Simulation Process + General Sim Queries Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No it's not, as someone who has been in the simmer's pm for quite a few seasons under different admins I've seen the benefits, no one should EVER sim their own team's games. Simmers/games are rotated every week...no one gets to 'pick' which games they sim.
And to expect just one person to input all the sheets, changes, sim games, check mistakes etc every week between Friday and Sunday is unreasonable.

There are 8 people in there, 3 simmers and 3 posters and both admins to share the load properly and keep it very fair and workable, KP also checks every game now before it's posted. I wouldn't be here if I didn't trust the system as it is now...it works very smoothly and doesn't place pressure on volunteers. Hence the sim team is reliable and stable every week.
That’s all good and well but it’s still not a foolproof system so let’s not pretend that it is.

It’s absurd that there’s that many people in a Simmers PM. Did make me laugh though so thanks for the insight.

It can still be manipulated.
It can be, yes but that’s acknowledging the reality that it’s not a foolproof system. I doubt anyone in recent memory has been as sad to have manipulated results indirectly through the sim. Despite it being not being foolproof, I trust that it’s above board without excessive expectations.

It can be, yes but that’s acknowledging the reality that it’s not a foolproof system. I doubt anyone in recent memory has been as sad to have manipulated results indirectly through the sim. Despite it being not being foolproof, I trust that it’s above board without excessive expectations.
I've actually gone through how previously and still nobody understood.

That’s all good and well but it’s still not a foolproof system so let’s not pretend that it is.

It’s absurd that there’s that many people in a Simmers PM. Did make me laugh though so thanks for the insight.
No it‘s not, you need 3 simmers to make sure they never have to sim their own game. And not everyone is available on Sundays brah and people go away on weekends too especially during holidays and stuff so the 3 posters have 2 games each and if one’s not around we have plenty of back up to make sure games are always covered no matter what. The admin is in there to delegate and make sure it all rotates fairly and also checks every game before it’s posted for mistakes.

I think the fact that games are simmed and posted on time every week with no more errors or resims needed is a testament to the system now, easy to sit in the cheap seats and throw rocks while enjoying the board mate.
Foolproof? Do you even know where you are?

It can still be manipulated.
Thats why we have a team that depends on trust and integrity and a system that makes it super hard to cheat…8 people from different clubs conspiring together?
Until we have robots doing it that’s all we got.

No it‘s not, you need 3 simmers to make sure they never have to sim their own game. And not everyone is available on Sundays brah and people go away on weekends too especially during holidays and stuff so the 3 posters have 2 games each and if one’s not around we have plenty of back up to make sure games are always covered no matter what. The admin is in there to delegate and make sure it all rotates fairly and also checks every game before it’s posted for mistakes.

I think the fact that games are simmed and posted on time every week with no more errors or resims needed is a testament to the system now, easy to sit in the cheap seats and throw rocks while enjoying the board mate.

I think I'll always remember the day Wosh called Clarkey "brah".

Thats why we have a team that depends on trust and integrity and a system that makes it super hard to cheat…8 people from different clubs conspiring together?
Until we have robots doing it that’s all we got.
I never mentioned anything about cheating.

I never mentioned anything about cheating.
Ok ‘manipulate’
If I thought the people in there were manipulating stuff I’d be gone so fast my shoes would be left behind.

It's absurd that there are 8 people in the group PM, yes. So games aren't simmed until Sunday, that's new to learn if that's what you're implying to be true. Why is the deadline Thursday night if so?

Posting games isn't that hard. It's still hilarious to me that there are 8 people in the simming/posting group PM. 8 people!

I only throw rocks at trains on Christmas Day but call me a traditionalist for all I care.

I'm in an Okeydoke thread.

I think I'll always remember the day Wosh called Clarkey "brah".
Not going to lie, this 100% turned me on so much.

I've actually gone through how previously and still nobody understood.
Well I trust them, whoever they are. It would be a very sad thing to manipulate the sim for a game between two teams to benefit your own team or desires, however devilish they might seem. I've no doubt that it's not happened but naturally, there's nothing to stop that with literally anyone.

Multi-simmers is still much better than one simmer whom also plays in the league / has a vested interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I trust them, whoever they are. It would be a very sad thing to manipulate the sim for a game between two teams to benefit your own team or desires, however devilish they might seem. I've no doubt that it's not happened but naturally, there's nothing to stop that with literally anyone.

Multi-simmers is still much better than one simmer whom also plays in the league / has a vested interest.
Thats why the admin delegates games, no one gets to choose which games they sim anymore.

3 simmers
3 posters -yes its not hard but it takes about 1 - 2 hours out of a Sunday afternoon, not everyone is available so we need to make sure we always have posters.
the admins to oversee, check, and delegate games.

Dunno why that’s absurd, looks perfect to me.

Thats why the admin delegates games, no one gets to choose which games they sim anymore.
How recent has this happened?

You would have to be a giant loser to want to manipulate an online fantasy game. Like, what would you get out of it? Lol
And so we come back to the crux of this thread!

How recent has this happened?
For what it's worth, that's actually crazy that simmers got to choose which games they wanted to sim. From a sceptic's point of view... not suss at all, right ;)?

It's good to see common sense is now employed.

For what it's worth, that's actually crazy that simmers got to choose which games they wanted to sim. From a sceptic's point of view... not suss at all, right ;)?

This is how the Sim can be manipulated.

💯 totally agree and it shouldn’t ever happen again

Brah.

So games aren't simmed until Sunday, that's new to learn if that's what you're implying to be true. Why is the deadline Thursday night if so?

99% of the time I sim my games on a Friday night, so the Thursday deadline is perfect for me. I'm usually too busy on a weekend to do it otherwise.

99% of the time I sim my games on a Friday night, so the Thursday deadline is perfect for me. I'm usually too busy on a weekend to do it otherwise.
Let’s make it Friday 3am then.

It’s not fair on WA people that their deadline is Thursday 9pm.

Especially if some match threads aren’t getting posted until late Tuesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back