Discussion The Parlous State of SFA Match Threads.

Are SFA match threads at an all time low?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you know that all that sh*t is actually legally binding and the plaintiffs/defendants who go on the show get their costs covered if they lose? What a sweet ******* deal. So next time you bash in a few car windows after a 10 goal loss, just go on Judge Judy and you won't have to pay squat.

What if squat was the complainant and you lost?

Did you know that all that sh*t is actually legally binding and the plaintiffs/defendants who go on the show get their costs covered if they lose? What a sweet ******* deal. So next time you bash in a few car windows after a 10 goal loss, just go on Judge Judy and you won't have to pay squat.
Of course I know that! I’ve been watching Judge Judy since it was Legal Clerk Judy.

Hello SFA brethren,

On this day, Sunday the 13th March 2022 in the S33 season of the SFA I am calling it. The heart and soul of the SFA, the match thread has officially died. Just when this happened, I don't know but I know for certain that they have lost their lustre and most weeks have turned into an absolute bore and snore fest! As an SFA veteran starting way back in S23, I feel I have the knowledge and ability to state this. I know what you are thinking, but Tony you are still so young, hot and good looking. While this is true I have somehow digressed.

Recently in the OOB team PM I made this startling revelation...

Guys can we commit to raising the standard of match threads if this gets up? In my opinion they are at an all time low. Utter tripe right now and we have the chance to lift that from where they are currently at.

In my humble opinion the subtle art of the match thread has disappeared. I blame the so called club leaders for not schooling the newer posters on what that is and therefore most people nowadays just aimlessly posting things for the sake of it. There is very little club to club banter and even less confrontation in a match thread that gets the juices flowing. Sadly they are now just another platform to post anything you feel without giving any regard to how you can engage the opposition and take down some prime posters.

I know this will draw criticism and derision from the likes of NaturalDisaster who will point out that "Tony says this every season". While this may be true there is no denying right now things are at a level that I have not seen in my time on the board. Utterly ******* awful.

It is beholden on all of us, the current custodians of this great game to raise the level and do something to change this current malaise.

Tony xoxo.

Generative AI has landed the death blow to the league Tony.

It's over.

Back