Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Turkey

If you could go back in time and change one event in the earths history where would you go and change?

I'd pose as a senior German official and kill Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Given the time spent thinking about this excellent question, I feel obligated to give an explanation. A senior German official killing Franz Ferdinand would start a war between Germany & Austria. With two close allies divided, WWI is averted. With WWI averted, the Russian monarchy is retained and Russia never lurches as far as communism. With Russia not at polar opposites against the capitalist West, the cold war is averted.

As Germany and Austria are traditionally friendly, the peace negotiations are not as debilitating towards Germany. As Germany is in a better position, Hitler doesn't come to power; WWII is averted and the Holocaust never happens.

The lack of major international conflict delays the US development of nuclear weapons, ensuring they are not used should Japan still attack the US.

Eat Christmas pudding plain, with cream, custard, or ice-cream?

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Bass

Curtains or Venetians?

Asking this as currently renovating.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Venetians
Full carpet or vinyl/lino and scatter rugs in loungerooms?

Currently in a rental with most of the house being vinyl...easy to keep clean but would prefer carpet.

New IPhone/Samsung smartphone or the old 3315 Nokia

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm Australian, deserts are playgrounds.

Sent over the top at Somme to cut the barb wire around the enemy trenches or a German submariner in ww2?

German submariner in WWII - I like the uniforms.

Be the first man to walk on Mars or a round-world trip?

round the world trip - more likely to pick up more than a rock

stanley kubrick or steven spielberg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IQ3

Premium Platinum
Feb 1, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Einstein

Who deserves their paycheck more, Scully or T.Boyd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back