Votes: 5 3.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It happened in 16 & 17. They might want to help Collingwood out this year.

Anyway, all for a non Vic premier. Feel like Melbourne are done now that Melksham has done his knee.
So if Brisbane, a team with clear mental demons at both the MCG & finals get done in a GF against Collingwood or Melbourne...you'll think it's the umpires?

Agree with what others have said, it's a one year anomaly as the entire country jumped on board the Doggies bandwagon.

It hasn't happened before, or since. Adelaide, GWS, & Sydney beaten by clear better sides in Richmond & Geelong. Umpiring had nothing to do with it.

It sucks for neutral watchers, but it's just how it goes in Grand Finals sometimes. It's been that way since the dawn of footy.

It’ll be very interesting week one. Feel like whoever wins the QF will be set up to make it simply through home ground advantage. Stakes are so high for Brisbane and Port. Honestly don’t know who to pick. If Brisbane don’t do it this year I feel like they never will. Have some Port of 04 about them. Some top 2 finishes in prior years that went bust before they got it together.

Port are a genuine mystery bag. You could get a 40 point win or a 40 point loss. Have some absolute attacking weapons but feel there’s some inconsistencies there. Can’t put my finger on it.

Melbourne & Collingwood is enormous. Have to tag out Daicos. Melksham out really hurts us. The loser faces a genuine straight sets exit against potential Carlton. Think the winners of the two QF make the GF.

Given a Victorian team will possibly be there, let’s hope the umpires don’t get involved and ruin it by favouring the VFL clubs. Would actually really like to see a Brisbane or Port victory.

Daicos has already been ruled out.

Pies vs Dees is a coinflip IMO

Collingwood are in an interesting position. Lose Daicos since last playing Melbourne (and to be fair Melbourne kept him very quiet). Yet regain De Goey, Sidebottom, McStay, Elliott, Ginnivan and another who I have forgotten about. Compared to Melbourne just regaining Oliver.

I'm not sure that I can see this game as a coinflip given those big ins and the margin of the match last time.

I want to say the Lions go all the way against anyone; but recent history is making me hesitant to make that claim.

So if Brisbane, a team with clear mental demons at both the MCG & finals get done in a GF against Collingwood or Melbourne...you'll think it's the umpires?

Agree with what others have said, it's a one year anomaly as the entire country jumped on board the Doggies bandwagon.

It hasn't happened before, or since. Adelaide, GWS, & Sydney beaten by clear better sides in Richmond & Geelong. Umpiring had nothing to do with it.

It sucks for neutral watchers, but it's just how it goes in Grand Finals sometimes. It's been that way since the dawn of footy.
Not saying that at all. Stating that previously there’s been some below par umpiring that’s clearly favoured the WB and Richmond. I am sorry, but I saw the umpires absolutely rort Adelaide in 2017.

Melksham out really hurts. He has been enormous. Really feel that replacing him now is going to be very difficult given we’ve tried so long to get our forward structure right and have moved on from McDonald and Brown successfully.

Grundy kicking 3 against VFL North is not the answer.

Collingwood are in an interesting position. Lose Daicos since last playing Melbourne (and to be fair Melbourne kept him very quiet). Yet regain De Goey, Sidebottom, McStay, Elliott, Ginnivan and another who I have forgotten about. Compared to Melbourne just regaining Oliver.

I'm not sure that I can see this game as a coinflip given those big ins and the margin of the match last time.
Tend to agree.

Have to be keeping the ball away from their forward line as much as possible. We have to win the middle and also kill their half back drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we rolled them by 50+ round 1 they are stoppable, we just need to be on.
That game still gives me nightmares. From memory we were 24 odd points up with a minute to go in the first half. Then it was just an annihilation from there. Gee I would of loved another game up here during home and away to correct that.

I have a soft spot for the Saints but, outside of the top 4 is a hard road to travel.
Brisbane vs Demons GF
Demons Premieres

You can't lose the inside 50 count 64 to 37, hang on for dear life because the opposition kick for a goal like a ressies bush side, then claim to be premiership favourites.

Massive upset brewing on preliminary final day. Giants are every chance of repeating 2019 since Port also look to be faltering.

Collingwood have a massive amount of work to do to win the flag this year.
If they wind up facing Brisbane it really should be the Lions by 6 goals minimum.

Back