Votes: 5 3.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We are 2 results going the right way from a Collingwood v Carlton grand final. The biggest of all big dances. For the first time in my life I will be hoping Collingwood wins a match. It will not be just another grand final. It wouldn't just be like any other all Victorian grand final.

Collingwood v Carlton haven't been at the top at the same time in more than 40 years. The oldest of rivals, the greatest of AFL heavyweights, it would be like Ali v Tyson in their prime, or Tiger v Jack, Michael v Lebron.

Deep down even if they won't admit it, every neutral fan in the AFL world wants this to happen.
I daresay only neutral Victorians that don't despise both teams are in that boat, but I'm one of them. It'd be a great spectacle.

I daresay only neutral Victorians that don't despise both teams are in that boat, but I'm one of them. It'd be a great spectacle.
I'm supposed to despise them, but I want to see it happen.

Have been saying all year that Melbourne wouldn't win the premiership. Severely overrated based on a flash in the pan effort in 2021. Haven't replicated the same form since and due to dire coaching and decisions at the selection table.... it looks like they won't add to their premiership tally with Gawn, Petracca, Oliver etc.

This is Carltons flag to lose!

Nah, you will get smashed by Collingwood at the MCG.
Nah, I don't think we will actually.

It's anyone's to win obviously and we're nowhere near a certainty against a red hot blues next week (not to mention the following week), but for whatever reason, haven't felt this confident about taking home the chocolates since '03.

Dont think we're world-beaters by any means, just got a feeling it might be our year.

Guess we'll see though, won't we?

I can't see Giants progressing, despite my dreams and hopes. A year or so too soon.

I also think Blues need a 10 - 20 % increase in form to win next week. They have to bring their trademark extreme heat for more than half the game. Though Brissy have faultered before in finals, so who knows.

The extreme event would be Pies losing the Prelim. Noone seems to consider it likely. Which means it's a real possibility, just like 19.

Deep down even if they won't admit it, every neutral fan in the AFL world wants this to happen.
Not without 12 months’ notice lol. I haven’t mentally prepared for a Collingwood vs Carlton Grand Final this year.

If it was building up to this all year, then fine, but this feels too sudden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Giants progressing, despite my dreams and hopes. A year or so too soon.

I also think Blues need a 10 - 20 % increase in form to win next week. They have to bring their trademark extreme heat for more than half the game. Though Brissy have faultered before in finals, so who knows.

The extreme event would be Pies losing the Prelim. Noone seems to consider it likely. Which means it's a real possibility, just like 19.
You sure about that? Plenty have tipped the Giants the past two weeks and it looks like it could be that way in the Giants/Collingwood thread.

The 3 form teams for mine heading into the finals were Brisbane, Carlton and GWS. All 3 are playing in the Prelim. The team that finished top of the ladder at the end of H&A has found form and is also there. I still think Brisbane's best is better than the rest with GWS 2nd. I'm still sceptical of their MCG form though...if they beat the Blues of course.

Who knows, with the likely finals fixture there’s a possibility of a Collingwood v Carlton GF

1 game left for this to happen

Collingwood vs Brisbane was always going to happen.

Collingwood in a canter next week.

Lions are a fantastic side, but playing the best team this season on their home ground with significant crowd support will be a bridge too far.

Would take a choke of the most monumental proportions for the Collingwood theme song to not be being played at 5.15pm next Saturday.

Collingwood vs Brisbane was always going to happen.

Collingwood in a canter next week.

Lions are a fantastic side, but playing the best team this season on their home ground with significant crowd support will be a bridge too far.

Would take a choke of the most monumental proportions for the Collingwood theme song to not be being played at 5.15pm next Saturday.
The crowd support will be 50/50, all non-Collingwood supporting corporates will be going for Brisbane

Back