Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horse racing?!
FMD he must’ve been in fine form to watch bloody horse racing instead lol

He came on during the cricket on SEN and **** he’s a self important flog. He thinks he’s profound rather than profoundly stupidi

Horse racing?!
FMD he must’ve been in fine form to watch bloody horse racing instead lol
While watching Sky 1 apprantly the UK has greyhound racing. Greyhound racing over there looks its done in someone's backyard.

Genuinely unsure where else to put this but Neds did a pre season jumper ranking thing and this jumper got a run. Now my question isn’t about the jumper, who the hell is this player?

View attachment 1621038
Tsk, and you call yourself a supporter.

Any of you flogs near the city tonight. In bored drinking.

People have come into the pub doing pub golf
What the hell is pub golf? Isn't the object of golf to get a low score?

How does going to a pub to get drunk get a low score?

Number of sips per drink/pint is your score.

Any of you flogs near the city tonight. In bored drinking.

People have come into the pub doing pub golf
What the hell is pub golf? Isn't the object of golf to get a low score?

How does going to a pub to get drunk get a low score?
You get given tasks at each pub (pub=hole) closer you get to it closer you get to par.

Eg 4 beers in an hour at the Duke.

You have 3 beers, you’re 1 over, you have 4 you’re on par, you have 5 you’re 1 under. There’s other shit for more strokes off but that’s the general gist of it.

You get given tasks at each pub (pub=hole) closer you get to it closer you get to par.

Eg 4 beers in an hour at the Duke.

You have 3 beers, you’re 1 over, you have 4 you’re on par, you have 5 you’re 1 under. There’s other s**t for more strokes off but that’s the general gist of it.
I'm clearly old. Seems to be a recent thing.
Mind you 4 pints of beer at the Duke is bloody expensive

I can't go through 18 pubs. And drink 50 million drinks these days.

Last edited:
I'm clearly old. Seems to be a recent thing.
Mind you 4 pints of beer at the Duke is bloody expensive

I can't go through 18 pubs. And drink 50 million drinks these days.
I’ve never done one that had 18 holes, usually play 9 and everyone is absolutely shitfaced by the end. I’m not a huge drinker so I’ve never won either.

I’ve never done one that had 18 holes, usually play 9 and everyone is absolutely shitfaced by the end. I’m not a huge drinker so I’ve never won either.
Most Saturdays I can easily do 15 going from the Saturday Afternoon game to the pub to the Saturday night game.

Fair to say in my 30s I'm hitting the wall faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Saturdays I can easily do 15 going from the Saturday Afternoon game to the pub to the Saturday night game.

That’s still a shit load. My drinking has fallen away massively the last few years, 3 beers and I’m just about done. Only had 4 beers total in 2023 so far.

That’s still a s**t load. My drinking has fallen away massively the last few years, 3 beers and I’m just about done. Only had 4 beers total in 2023 so far.
Covid stuffed my drink tank up.

I would have maybe 5-7(3 pre game and about 1 per quarter) at the arvo game. 2-3 with a meal at the pub and maybe 4 at at night game.
If you're smart on how you do it you can space it out over the 10 hour period

Last year I started hitting my wall in that second game. That's how I knew I was getting on is years

It's become more expensive so I am cutting back as well It's going to be 10.50 for a schooner at the G this year.
Im getting into the non alcohol stuff as well.

Covid stuffed my drink tank up.

I would have maybe 5-7(3 pre game and about 1 per quarter) at the arvo game. 2-3 with a meal at the pub and maybe 4 at at night game.
If you're smart on how you do it you can space it out over the 10 hour period

Last year I started hitting my wall in that second game. That's how I knew I was getting on is years

It's become more expensive so I am cutting back as well It's going to be 10.50 for a schooner at the G this year.
Im getting into the non alcohol stuff as well.
Yeh it was definitely the prolonged hangover and anxiety that came with it that did it for me. The wallet helps too.
I also got diagnosed with BPPV late last year which alcohol seems to trigger so drinking less has definitely been a positive move for me.
Crazy how hard you could go in your 20s though haha

I have 1-2 blowouts a year at most and maybe 5-10 weekends with some social drinking at most. The hangovers destroy a weekend entirely for me now.

Yeh it was definitely the prolonged hangover and anxiety that came with it that did it for me. The wallet helps too.
I also got diagnosed with BPPV late last year which alcohol seems to trigger so drinking less has definitely been a positive move for me.
Crazy how hard you could go in your 20s though haha
Drinking for me doesn't upset me unless I go really hard. I can feel when I hit my limit and can draw a line.
I can count on one hand the times I've gone too hard.

The cost and wanting to lose a few Kgs is what driving me to cut it back a touch

I have 1-2 blowouts a year at most and maybe 5-10 weekends with some social drinking at most. The hangovers destroy a weekend entirely for me now.
Yep 2 days to recover, If I'm going out it's got to be a Friday otherwise I'll be stuffed for work on Monday lol

Drinking for me doesn't upset me unless I go really hard. I can feel when I hit my limit and can draw a line.

The cost and wanting to lose a few Kgs is what driving me to cut it back a touch
If 15 is a normal night, what is "going hard"? :tearsofjoy:

I’m down 5kgs this year, drinking hasn’t been the only thing I’ve changed but definitely feel it’s been a big factor.

If 15 is a normal night, what is "going hard"? :tearsofjoy:
Good question.
I've only done it 3 times. It's the only 3 times I've puked up.
Last time was the 2020 grand final.
That was with a wine or two.
Other two were non football days
I’m down 5kgs this year, drinking hasn’t been the only thing I’ve changed but definitely feel it’s been a big factor.
In the 21 lockdown I cut back. It dropped to 103.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back