Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about mass shootings?

they're not the result of religion

I understand Non-religious people do horrible things, but that doesn't really have any impact on my point.

And saying mass shootings aren't a result of religion is incorrect, as some are.

I agree there are evil religious and non-religious people, but that doesn't make religion any less dangerous

The Media this is getting just only help these People do what they do.

They want Attention on what they are doing and shutting down sydney will just Encourage them

But religion isn't what make people do something that is so extreme it's considered crazy.

Their religion doesn't tell them to do these things (from what I know) and the millions or billion of people who are religious and are normal attest to that.

Crazy people will do crazy things, irrespective of what they use to validate their behaviour.

But religion isn't what make people do something that is so extreme it's considered crazy.

Their religion doesn't tell them to do these things (from what I know) and the millions or billion of people who are religious and are normal attest to that.

Crazy people will do crazy things, irrespective of what they use to validate their behaviour.

Yes and No.

Well people can be brought to do Bad Things for Religon but not all do as some people are just mad as a 2 Bob Watch

Do you think the Islamic suicide bombers would be suicide bombers if they weren't promised 99 virgins and an eternity of happiness in heaven after they kill themselves?

If you think everyone in an extremist religious group is some insane mentally ill person you'd be wrong. Believing that god wants you to kill someone can corrupt any normal person, especially when they're brought up believing it. Which is why religion is so dangerous. Religion takes away peoples fear of death and changes their view on what is right and wrong

Do you think the Islamic suicide bombers would be suicide bombers if they weren't promised 99 virgins and an eternity of happiness in heaven after they kill themselves?

If you think everyone in an extremist religious group is some insane mentally ill person you'd be wrong. Believing that god wants you to kill someone can corrupt any normal person, especially when they're brought up believing it. Which is why religion is so dangerous. Religion takes away peoples fear of death and changes their view on what is right and wrong

Religon is more causing Wars then Making someone do something Stupid on there own

Then why are they saying Islam is the 1 and only Religion that should be on Planet Earth?
Well its a complex issue but whatever these people believe, it isnt true islam. Groups like this are a product of military 'intervention' (more like invasion) in the middle east, thats my partly informed read on it

Well its a complex issue but whatever these people believe, it isnt true islam. Groups like this are a product of military 'intervention' (more like invasion) in the middle east, thats my partly informed read on it

and I guess also some of these Guys are Threatened with Death to Them and there Famlily. So they have no Choice. I say that be some but not all

Its 72, and whether it even says that is highly controversial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

Propaganda goes a long way into brainwashing people, so does invading their country and killing their relatives. It's way more complex then your making it out to be.

Well - It’s not the Mainstream People but the People who take Religion way too far.

Guess it’s easy in Middle East because they just say we hate America and then Lot of Young Men want to jump on board

It's a hugely complex and ever changing region the Middle East which I'm sure many of us on here wouldn't understand and therefore should be hesitant on commenting about. Islam whilst a religion is a complete way of life and whilst the majority I still believe truly follow a religion of peace and harmony, many have vastly different views on it's interpretation and practice radical Islam. This also is likened to many other religions.

Thoughts are with those still being held and there families and hopefully ends peacefully for the hostages.

Yeah this is not going to get any better.

Should we have a new thread on our main board with some posts moved Magpie Girl?
sorry Eddie I've just seen this, but I think the discussion has unfolded here.

There's an awful lot of assumptions being made here and I would suggest that people wait until we have the real story.

To all our Big Footy Sydney members I hope you and your families are all safe, and that the situation is resolved peacefully and asap.

Yes.

Propaganda goes a long way into brainwashing people, so does invading their country and killing their relatives. It's way more complex then your making it out to be.

To grasp the full complexity we'd have to be here all night talking about it, which I'm sure no one has the patience for.

Suicide bombers kill themselves and others because they think it's what god wants them to do. They aren't afraid because they KNOW they will be forever rewarded in the afterlife. I think if you looked at the proportion of religious suicide bombers to non religious the conclusion would be staggeringly one sided and this isn't a coincidence.

It's a hugely complex and ever changing region the Middle East which I'm sure many of us on here wouldn't understand and therefore should be hesitant on commenting about. Islam whilst a religion is a complete way of life and whilst the majority I still believe truly follow a religion of peace and harmony, many have vastly different views on it's interpretation and practice radical Islam. This also is likened to many other religions.

Thoughts are with those still being held and there families and hopefully ends peacefully for the hostages.

Most things worth talking about we don't have perfect knowledge about, even our own football club has tonnes of secrets that would change our opinions if we knew. Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it? That's literally just censorship. No one should ever be hesitant about having a mature and logical conversation about important topics.

Agree that we all hope this ends quickly with no shots fired

Most things worth talking about we don't have perfect knowledge about, even our own football club has tonnes of secrets that would change our opinions if we knew. Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it? That's literally just censorship. No one should ever be hesitant about having a mature and logical conversation about important topics.

Yes - Political and religious beliefs IMO should be kept to yourself. I honestly don't believe these forums are the right place for discussion let alone the dinner table with your extended family let alone mates at the pub.....more often than not someone is offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back