Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia has never dealt with our history. We cannot even recognise Aboriginal people in the constitution let alone agree on a treaty. Until this happens we will never reconcile our past. Portraying a stereotypical image of Aboriginal people as spear chuckers is racist because it reinforces a view of Aboriginal people as primitive.
I get where you are coming from and agree.:thumbsu:

If the Aboriginal people are happy to have their cultures and past recognized and portrayed as this clip supposedly does then who are we to argue. FWIW I'm happy to have my past portrayed with ANZAC's fighting for what we have right now - something I'll always be proud of and grateful.
See that is the key point, are they happy about it?
I know that if my heritage was depicted either by throwing spears or as an Anzac, I know which one I would prefer.

Harry expressed it better than most.
He said racism is so ingrained in our society that unless it is blatant 'in your face racism', people don't even recognise it for what it is.

Of course he could have gone further and said, "people purposely try to ignore it because it might show them up to be racist"
But that's just that's just my personal opinion of course.

And in other news, I've finally got the all clear from my surgeons today to go back to work again next week after 6 months off following back surgery.
You *'n Beauty.
I don't know dole bludgers do it.
Congrats mate

And in other news, I've finally got the all clear from my surgeons today to go back to work again next week after 6 months off following back surgery.
You *'n Beauty.
I don't know dole bludgers do it.
Yeah well done mate - must've been driving you crazy not being able to work.

Did your employer look after you or did you have income protection or other insurances to help out? Must've been tough

Yeah well done mate - must've been driving you crazy not being able to work.

Did your employer look after you or did you have income protection or other insurances to help out? Must've been tough

Workers Comp mate.
Been working there for 8-9 years.
Went down today to tell the boss and all the guys and girls are stoked to have me back.
They didn't realise how much I did before I wasn't there.

And tough isn't the word.
Going from being on your feet and playing sport all year to being stuck on a couch for 6 months is pretty depressing.
I've piled on 12kgs because I couldn't do anything.

Workers Comp mate.
Been working there for 8-9 years.
Went down today to tell the boss and all the guys and girls are stoked to have me back.
They didn't realise how much I did before I wasn't there.

And tough isn't the word.
Going from being on your feet and playing sport all year to being stuck on a couch for 6 months is pretty depressing.
I've piled on 12kgs because I couldn't do anything.
Great news Rusty, and good luck with shedding those unwanted kilos and getting your boyish figure back asap:)

What the hell are these tennis player's wearing? OMG has it gone to the 80's dress code? Great in a disco but on a tennis court on TV? **** NO!
Lol. Federer, Nadal, Kyrgios, Bouchard.

Fluro galore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tennis question: I've always been intrigued by the ritual of ball selection. Why do the ball minions always present 3 or 4 balls, and why do the players give one or two back? Are they choosing balls that are somehow more to their liking?
They want to serve with the balls that are least worn out.

Fluro and tie dye big fashion for next summer.
If you keep you clothes long enough they come back onto fashion eventually.
Tie dye never ever goes out of fashion!:D

laura-boneham.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back