Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive cuedos to channel 9 for all this wonderful post match footage.
All the interviews and seeing the players hugging each other and all the joy - without any ads

Channel 7 please note!
This is what we want after the siren
Brilliant way to finish it after they've usually cut coverage of after every other aussie game.Was content for aussies to make home final but the win was icing on the cake.Its been a wonderful summer of cricket,now its time for the pies to give us an awesome autumn/winter of footy.FLOREAT PICA

Floreat Pica = pick flowers. How in any way, shape or form does this relate to a team of strapping young AFL footballers with all sorts of hormonal needs and desires? How is picking a flower going to power them to bigger and better things as Collingwood players?!:p
While your lookin up "compartment syndrome",maybe u should look up floreat pica,coz its got nothin to do with flowers;)

Floreat Pica = pick flowers. How in any way, shape or form does this relate to a team of strapping young AFL footballers with all sorts of hormonal needs and desires? How is picking a flower going to power them to bigger and better things as Collingwood players?!:p
No, it means 'blooms of the magpie'

Pica means magpie, so it's the continual blooming or flourishing of the club

While your lookin up "compartment syndrome",maybe u should look up floreat pica,coz its got nothin to do with flowers;)
I don't need to look it up. 'Floreat pica' is not what blokes devoted to manly physical activity would say to each other let alone do together. That's my reading of it and I refuse to be persuaded otherwise.

Thankyou all for the advice :)

Unfortunately I can't reach it at the moment, so I've asked it to stay in the hallway.
I creepy crawlies in the bedroom, and no jumping on me in the night :p
Consider yourself lucky.Last time i saw a huntsmen,it was on the inside of my door trim,and proceeded to travel to the roof of my car,during an intersection mind you,did i mention i drive an rx7(no room),so we got quite intimate.Oh,and im sure im arachnophobic,so my blood pressure was higher then said spider

I don't need to look it up. 'Floreat pica' is not what blokes devoted to manly physical activity would say to each other let alone do together. That's my reading of it and I refuse to be persuaded otherwise.
Im an avid ufc follower.And ive watched men that make us look like daffodils(speak for yourself aint gona cut it as a comeback),wrestle(hug) each other for minutes on end.Durin this process they like to get a sniff(think wfc-what the rock is cookin,sidenote,i hate wfc,)of each others crotches.So no matter how manly you like to think u are(and against sayin floreat pica)if crotch sniffin is good enough for conor mcgregor/gsp/johnny bones jnr,then us mere mortals can use the latin term that laid the foundation for our most awesome club in the late 1800's

Consider yourself lucky.Last time i saw a huntsmen,it was on the inside of my door trim,and proceeded to travel to the roof of my car,during an intersection mind you,did i mention i drive an rx7(no room),so we got quite intimate.Oh,and im sure im arachnophobic,so my blood pressure was higher then said spider
Pretty much my experience of huntsmen spiders - at close quarters in the car.

Haha, yeh i dont see too many players running around quoting latin phrases to eachother
Who among our current crop of players is the most likely Latin scholar? Travis Cloke? Marley Williams? Dane Swan? I could list every player on the list, but not one of them, except maybe possibly but still most unlikely, Langdon, who did attend a private school, strikes me as likely to have ever uttered a Latin word in their life. Cannot see that Floreat Pica has any relevance to the lives of any player at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, yeh i dont see too many players running around quoting latin phrases to eachother
So you know latin aswell.s**t,would hav had so much respect for you if id know this from the start.You must hav missed micks seminar on latin and horticulture.Im sure there is a latin term for the ox(nice of mick to include you in his book) is slow,but the ground is patient.Thats ironic aye-mick preaches about patience and you want to ditch bucks after breastfeedin!!!!Check mate!!!!!

Who among our of players is the most likely Latin scholar? Travis Cloke? Marley Williams? Dane Swan? I could list every player on the list, but not one of them, except maybe possibly but still most unlikely, Langdon, who did attend a private school, strikes me as likely to have ever uttered a Latin word in their life. Cannot see that Floreat Pica has any relevance to the lives of any player at the club.
And thats why your JUST a poster,and not part of our club.DIDNT THINK ID SEE THE DAY WHEN SOMEONE(PRETENDING) TO BE PART OF OUR MAGNIFICENT CLUB-WOULD BAG THE TERM "FLOREAT PICA".You can come up with any bullshit u like from now on,but shows you'd rather go fishin and hav a dig,then respect collingwoods history.Im sure you'll get a like from kappa and co,doesnt make you right,just SAD.

And thats why your JUST a poster,and not part of our club.DIDNT THINK ID SEE THE DAY WHEN SOMEONE(PRETENDING) TO BE PART OF OUR MAGNIFICENT CLUB-WOULD BAG THE TERM "FLOREAT PICA".You can come up with any bullshit u like from now on,but shows you'd rather go fishin and hav a dig,then respect collingwoods history.Im sure you'll get a like from kappa and co,doesnt make you right,just SAD.
You need to view life from a sunnier perspective.;)

It was too late to apologise for writing that song before it had even been produced.
Whats wrong with that song???Not enough death metal in it???Not enough crap rap???Maybe some hip hop ya dont stop-informer,blah blah blah blah blah,i lick ya boom boom now(dont take it personally-its been a loooong night

Whats wrong with that song???Not enough death metal in it???Not enough crap rap???Maybe some hip hop ya dont stop-informer,blah blah blah blah blah,i lick ya boom boom now(dont take it personally-its been a loooong night
You been up all night?! and my Latin quote translates as 'I always go fishing.' No apologies for the flowers. No love for the history. I am as you say a sad soul.

You been up all night?! and my Latin quote translates as 'I always go fishing.' No apologies for the flowers. No love for the history. I am as you say a sad soul.
Are you fishin again???Yes,been up all night.I looked up your latin quote up,didnt light up my world "one direction " style.No need to apologise about floreat pica,bein a young fella and only a member for 11yrs,the past dont mean alot to me either.It was the way you talked about it that i found disrespectful,maybe I didnt take it for the joke u were goin for but prob just reactin to your other posts.Either way,if I was out of line,sorry,if I wasnt,you get that.Im sure we'll cross swords again,enjoy your day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back