Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been to see La Traviata in this rather beautiful church. The soprano left a little to be desired but the music was lovely.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447196322.631660.jpg

I love the way the Italians use the churches for concerts

Just been to see La Traviata in this rather beautiful church. The soprano left a little to be desired but the music was lovely.

View attachment 192241

I love the way the Italians use the churches for concerts
Wish I could go to Italy... How gorgeous

What plans are underfoot TheGreatGrundy that you're selling your house?
I have sold today before the house has gone on the market - no painting, no new carpets, no new lilydale topping, no new chrome taps and no advertising fees. I sold the house 'as is' to renovators via the agent and am as pleased as Punch, as happy as Larry etc etc.

Now I have to find a 1 br place in St Kilda or thereabouts, but I feel my life is just beginning again. Now I can truly dream of travel and learning, expanding my mind when it seemed to be shutting down. I am just so happy after being so frightened of the process of selling.

Meanwhile my paid translator has taken an interest in my Thai friend (more like a son) in jail, and visited him last week. Life looked so dark and now is bathed in light. The Collingwood team is looking good for next year. What more could I want that I don't now have?

To all those BF folk who have supported and encouraged me at various times, and those who have overlooked or forgiven my over-sensitivity of a few years ago, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Many of you have helped me get through a really difficult period of my life. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I love this forum! In particular, Magpie Girl, you are the sweetest cyber person I know. I hope the Italians are treating you as you truly deserve to be treated.:)

You know something WalterBlaknWhite? You have only been around for 5 minutes or more, but I find you in so many nooks and crannies that I enjoy inhabiting, and am taking an instant liking to you. Welcome my friend! You are a great addition to this forum. You give off good vibes. :):thumbsu::rainbow:

Last edited:
ou know something WalterBlaknWhite? You have only been around for 5 minutes or more, but I find you in so many nooks and crannies that I enjoy inhabiting, and am taking an instant liking to you. Welcome my friend! You are a great addition to this forum. You give off good vibes. :):thumbsu::rainbow:
Sorry, the straining emoticon was meant to be a thumbs up!

I have sold today before the house has gone on the market - no painting, no new carpets, no new lilydale topping, no new chrome taps and no advertising fees. I sold the house 'as is' to renovators via the agent and am as pleased as Punch, as happy as Larry etc etc.

Now I have to find a 1 br place in St Kilda or thereabouts, but I feel my life is just beginning again. Now I can truly dream of travel and learning, expanding my mind when it seemed to be shutting down. I am just so happy after being so frightened of the process of selling.

Meanwhile my paid translator has taken an interest in my Thai friend (more like a son) in jail, and visited him last week. Life looked so dark and now is bathed in light. The Collingwood team is looking good for next year. What more could I want that I don't now have?

To all those BF folk who have supported and encouraged me at various times, and those who have overlooked or forgiven my over-sensitivity of a few years ago, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Many of you have helped me get through a really difficult period of my life. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I love this forum! In particular, Magpie Girl, you are the sweetest cyber person I know. I hope the Italians are treating you as you truly deserve to be treated.:)
Great to hear TGG. Happy for you.

Your smile and happiness is coming through your words, so really happy for you.
Onwards and upwards from now on.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

motogp-valencia-november-testing-2015-jack-miller-marc-vds-racing-honda.jpg
jack miller testing on new 2016 team bike

I'm finally back at my hotel after a long and fabulous day - more about that later.

TheGreatGrundy I'm so happy for you! What a great result for you to sell so quickly, and with such ease and grace.
I recently moved into an apartment near Albert Park Lake (the St Kilda end) and its a great area to live in. This will be the first time in 5 years that I return to my own place - a good but strange feeling - and it was so easy to just leave everything, lock the door and head to the airport!
You'll love it.
And thankyou for those lovely words; they are much appreciated

There is such a feast of wonderful exhibitions in Rome atm.
I've seen an impressionist exhibition from the Musee D'Orsay featuring many Renoirs and Cezanne.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447320072.901877.jpg

Another excellent impressionist exhibition from the Phillips Gallery in Washington. (A private collection). Picasso, Matisse, Bonnard.
There was also an interesting exhibition of Russian art

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447320104.251963.jpg

And yesterday I saw another of Tissot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447320132.435351.jpg

Followed by a classical concert at the beautiful Opera House

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447320285.490465.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447320314.674298.jpg

There's also a Raphael exhibition on but I don't think I have time for that.
Feeling very blessed:)

Keeping on with the art theme, today I discovered the Palazzo Dario Pamphilj which has one of the biggest and oldest art collections in Italy. After looking through the private apartments, which the family still use, I went through the gallery. Most of it is not to my taste but there were two beautiful Caravaggios. Here is one of them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447362008.950327.jpg

On the way back home tomorrow :)

Fantastic news mate. Exciting times ahead!

There is such a feast of wonderful exhibitions in Rome atm.
I've seen an impressionist exhibition from the Musee D'Orsay featuring many Renoirs and Cezanne.

View attachment 192653

Another excellent impressionist exhibition from the Phillips Gallery in Washington. (A private collection). Picasso, Matisse, Bonnard.
There was also an interesting exhibition of Russian art

View attachment 192654

And yesterday I saw another of Tissot

View attachment 192655

Followed by a classical concert at the beautiful Opera House

View attachment 192657
View attachment 192658

There's also a Raphael exhibition on but I don't think I have time for that.
Feeling very blessed:)

I like that first painting. He looks like he is about to go to the pub.

I like that first painting. He looks like he is about to go to the pub.
haha. It's a portrait of Cezanne by Renoir
There was a whole section of portraits done by their contemporaries, in very natural poses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back