Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a sensational meal. $90 surf and turf but worth every penny. Steak sensational, lobster tail, calamari and sides, can highly recommend for a special occasion. Was great for kids also

Yeah I took my brother there for his 21st 12 years ago. It is definitely pricey but they obviously deliver because they have been around ages.

Wow, what a sensational meal. $90 surf and turf but worth every penny. Steak sensational, lobster tail, calamari and sides, can highly recommend for a special occasion. Was great for kids also
Did the in-laws pay?

New topic of the day: Michael Moore

Michael Moore has always pandered to the interests of the American left-wing, which essentially means basically everyone in Australia. His films tend to be entertaining takes on serious subjects and helped bring feature-length documentaries to a mainstream audience, but that doesn't stop him from using those subjects to his advantage as a persuasive film-maker. There's nothing inherently wrong in being persuasive, of course not, but there is a duty of care you have to those you're trying to persuade. What I mean by this is, you shouldn't be taking advantage of people just because you can take advantage of them, which is what I believe he's trying to do now. Here's an excerpt from his website:

For me, this goes too far, trying to push children & teenagers to do his bidding for him. Maybe it's just the language he's using here, maybe I should just go watch the movie, but for someone with a lot of influence it just seems all too over-the-top.
Every time he appears, the left loses votes in America.
He is the worst kind of advocate.
Self righteous, pompous, looks down on "non believers" to his cause, looks messy and unkept, and it's all about him.
Whatever your cause, if you don't demonstrate some even handedness votes trickle away, or gush away. Not many people like fanatics. Whatever side.

Anyone able to paste the new Gary Lyon update from the HUN please. Damn paywalls.
Copy link, open Google, paste link in search box and then on the search result Right mouse button open in new tab/window. If you have clicked the link, clear cookies.

Post it here if you find it please :)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ga...t/news-story/c9859809d8197c4adef79bd360302c6f

CHANNEL Nine has announced Garry Lyon will stand down from media duties amid a damaging personal split with Footy Show co-host Billy Brownless.

The station issued this statement this afternoon:

“Garry Lyon will stand down from his various media duties while he seeks treatment for an ongoing mental health condition.

EXCLUSIVE REPORT: Footy Show stars in bitter feud

7e2bbc15810e63cfd4ae35891436c8c3

Billy Brownless and Garry Lyon on “The Footy Show”.
“For several months The Footy Show and Footy Classified co-host has been suffering from a serious mental health condition and he will take time out from all media roles to recover. There is no set time frame as to when he will return to television.

“We are all supporting Garry and hope he will be back to good health very soon. Our priority is his wellbeing,” said Ian Paterson, Managing Director Nine Melbourne.

Other Stories
Water skier’s death saddens sport

Voges surpasses Don as Kiwis struggle

The winners and losers of the reshuffle

Lyon stands down amid Brownless feud

Libba stars in return from knee
v1

DENNIS COMETTI: GETTING TO KNOW FOOTY’S MR SMOOTH

“Garry has our full support. From here on, it’s a private and personal matter and we ask that be respected.”

The Footy Show will return next month.

James Brayshaw will host the show solo until Garry is fit to return.

Damian Barrett will fill in for Garry on Footy Classified during his absence.

If you or someone you know is in need of crisis or suicide prevention support, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or visit www.lifeline.org.au/gethelp

Footy Show feud threat to TV show

A FEUD between Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless has threatened to disrupt the make-up of The Footy Show this year.

The Herald Sun understands the two have fallen out over a deeply private matter which has affected both Lyon and Brownless personally.

Brownless is said to be devastated by the turn of events and has conceded to friends that his mateship with Lyon is virtually over.

The season-opening show was expected to be on March 23 — the day before the AFL season kicks off at the MCG.

Poor form by Gary Lyon. Friendship doesn't count for much it seems these day for many people.

It's a lot easier to retain friends now due to the ease of communication and speed of travel... I guess maybe people have too many friends to care enough? I dunno... but tbh I doubt that the event of cheating with your best mates' wife has increased at all.

You seriously don't get it do you?
I am talking about the video!
Think about it. What did he say? My next comment was I thought she could have responded better.
Do you get it now?
You just rush to make it all about females. LOL.

I made one comment about an idiotic comment from a senator, and apparently I'm rushing to making it all about females. Sure.. if that helps you sleep at night.

I know you're talking about the video. What did he say that you're hinting at? And why does it even matter in relation to my post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a lot easier to retain friends now due to the ease of communication and speed of travel... I guess maybe people have too many friends to care enough? I dunno... but tbh I doubt that the event of cheating with your best mates' wife has increased at all.

Yeah, true. I think with all this social media there are too many pseudo friendships... As for frequency of this kind of thing I've seen it happen with an uncle of mine and a mate. On both occasions the "friend" copped a good old flogging.
Especially the uncle. The guy had my uncle beaten very very badly.

This situation only brings out the worst in people. Maybe Gary Has become suicidal and that's where the mental illness aspect has come into play.

If it were me and I did that (not capable of it as I've got extreme willpower and great respect for my friends, also believe that you treat others how you want to be treated and more importantly love my wife and kids too much) id be too embarrassed to show my face anywhere. Imagine Gary, he's basically destroyed his career and his "reputation" because he couldn't resist boning his best mates missus.

It's a shame it's in the public arena. Will hurt many people that don't deserve to be implicated. Really poor effort by a grown and seemingly highly intelligent man.

Poor form by Gary Lyon. Friendship doesn't count for much it seems these day for many people.

Doubt that Lyon will return to the Footy Show after this. Carey like behaviour.

Bring back Eddie!

P.S Dog act Lyon. He can't handle the guilt now boo hoo cry me a river!

image.jpeg
Copy link, open Google, paste link in search box and then on the search result Right mouse button open in new tab/window. If you have clicked the link, clear cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back