Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hardas
I saw in the other thread that you're leaving China after many years
What's brought about this big change and what do you think you might do?
Or go?
Exciting times ahead for you :)

Hey, MG, thanks for asking. :)

I've only been in China for 4 years [although it's seems longer!].

Honestly, after we buried my father next to my mother, I promised them I would enjoy life more, and I haven't enjoyed China. It's been interesting, but off i go! What's next is not clear yet. I'm heading to the beach first in southern Thailand where my cousin lives - we'll see. Probably Asia, but even that is not certain. Looking forward to it! :)

Hey, MG, thanks for asking. :)

I've only been in China for 4 years [although it's seems longer!].

Honestly, after we buried my father next to my mother, I promised them I would enjoy life more, and I haven't enjoyed China. It's been interesting, but off i go! What's next is not clear yet. I'm heading to the beach first in southern Thailand where my cousin lives - we'll see. Probably Asia, but even that is not certain. Looking forward to it! :)
That's fantastic hardas
I love to hear these stories!
People having the courage to leap into the great unknown and follow their heart.
All the best :rainbow::hearts:

One of my Collingwood crew that I drink with before games has a brain tumour. He is having an operation on Monday. Please send some positive energy.

Your mate is blessed to have a friend that cares. Each day is a gift.

One of my Collingwood crew that I drink with before games has a brain tumour. He is having an operation on Monday. Please send some positive energy.
All the best for him mate - Thoughts are with him, his family and friends.

If its not too personal which island does your cousin live on? You teach English, I gather? Thailand is not the worst place to earn a dollar if you can get a decent job.
Hey, TGG, he's on Samui - I haven't thought too much about work yet, although I imagine it will need to be in Bangkok.
I am a long-time teacher with a BEd, CELTA and DELTA, but no MA - any thoughts?

Hey, TGG, he's on Samui - I haven't thought too much about work yet, although I imagine it will need to be in Bangkok.
I am a long-time teacher with a BEd, CELTA and DELTA, but no MA - any thoughts?
There are lots of international schools of all shapes and sizes. They pay better and have better conditions than the Thai public schools which all employ native speakers at primary and secondary levels. There are two useful forums: www.ajarnforum.net/ and www.thailandteaching.asia/. Register then just state your quals and experience for advice. Check out the jobs advertised in both forums. BEd is supposedly the minimum qual for teaching in Thai schools but except in international schools there would not be many who have this qualification. There are also the private language schools including British Council etc. I was offered a job on the street yesterday in Cambodia in a small international school in some remote town up north. The philippino head teacher is in Siem Reap head hunting, desperate to find someone to replace their previous native speaker who has also gone to Samui to live with his girlfriend. However I am not teaching little kindergarten to grade 3 kids. I know my limitations.

There are lots of international schools of all shapes and sizes. They pay better and have better conditions than the Thai public schools which all employ native speakers at primary and secondary levels. There are two useful forums: www.ajarnforum.net/ and www.thailandteaching.asia/. Register then just state your quals and experience for advice. Check out the jobs advertised in both forums. BEd is supposedly the minimum qual for teaching in Thai schools but except in international schools there would not be many who have this qualification. There are also the private language schools including British Council etc. I was offered a job on the street yesterday in Cambodia in a small international school in some remote town up north. The philippino head teacher is in Siem Reap head hunting, desperate to find someone to replace their previous native speaker who has also gone to Samui to live with his girlfriend. However I am not teaching little kindergarten to grade 3 kids. I know my limitations.
Thanks for that - if you don't mind, I'd like to meet up at some point.
I'm still in China , but will be in and out of Bangkok a couple of times over the next few weeks. [Is that where you're based?]

Thanks for that - if you don't mind, I'd like to meet up at some point.
I'm still in China , but will be in and out of Bangkok a couple of times over the next few weeks. [Is that where you're based?]
I am not currently working in Thailand or anywhere for that matter. I worked there for a number of years and am always on the lookout for interesting new work. I am floating between Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for 3 months. My intention is to live in Thailand again. I will be back in Bangkok next month and would happily meet up if our visits coincide. I'll PM you my email.

I am not currently working in Thailand or anywhere for that matter. I worked there for a number of years and am always on the lookout for interesting new work. I am floating between Thailand, Cambodia and Laos for 3 months. My intention is to live in Thailand again. I will be back in Bangkok next month and would happily meet up if our visits coincide. I'll PM you my email.
Cool - enjoy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sending my thoughts and wishing him all the best now.:thumbsu:

I think that I have the strangest neighbours, always fighting and arguing, tend to stay clear of them on those days.
They knocked (young couple, early twenties living with their parents) on the door last night and asked if they could 'borrow' 2 or three cups of rice?
Well I checked my container and there was only about two cups and they said that'll do. Handed it over then said to myself, supermarket is only about 5 mins away, why didn't they just go out and buy some and why did I give it to them?
Now I have to go out in the freezing cold and buy some as I am having chicken lemon soup with rice tonight.
Sucker is what is written on my forehead.

I think that I have the strangest neighbours, always fighting and arguing, tend to stay clear of them on those days.
They knocked (young couple, early twenties living with their parents) on the door last night and asked if they could 'borrow' 2 or three cups of rice?
Well I checked my container and there was only about two cups and they said that'll do. Handed it over then said to myself, supermarket is only about 5 mins away, why didn't they just go out and buy some and why did I give it to them?
Now I have to go out in the freezing cold and buy some as I am having chicken lemon soup with rice tonight.
Not sucker , good person.

Oh my god, I didn't realise you're a Collingwood supporter!
I didn't go to the supermarket 'cos it was too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back