Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to admit it but I don't even know what Bronwyn Bishop has done. Can't google it because the only web site I have been able to receive this morning is bigfooty.

BF is a suspect forum for footy news; not sure you'd want to rely on it as a backup to the BBC! For what it's worth, the short of it is that Bishop chartered a helicopter to get to a Liberal Party function, from Melbourne to Geelong. She didn't seem to mind that this non-essential business cost the taxpayer $5,000.

She refused to apologise, at first. The media starting raking through her travel records and found other dodgy claims. Then she apologised, just the other day, but since then she has obviously come to realise (or the PM has realised on her behalf) than her position is untenable. How can the government get out a message that the 'age of entitlement' is over for everyone else, when its own members have evince such an almighty sense of entitlement? The trick is to not be seen putting your snout in the trough, a nicety which Bishop forgot about, and so now she's been pushed from the helicopter by those who are more clever and careful in skimming other people's money.

NOTE: Some aspects of this news report may reflect the political fancies of the author.

I hate to admit it but I don't even know what Bronwyn Bishop has done. Can't google it because the only web site I have been able to receive this morning is bigfooty.
In addition to what JB1975 posted, she attended two weddings of Lib MPs and claimed for the expenses stating she has had meetings either prior or after the weddings but no details were given as to who the meetings were with.
I believe the thing that upset most people that when the issues were first raised, she did not apologise immediately although paying back chopper expenses. Took her almost two weeks to say sorry. Then the media kept digging and found more dodgy claims.

In addition to what JB1975 posted, she attended two weddings of Lib MPs and claimed for the expenses stating she has had meetings either prior or after the weddings but no details were given as to who the meetings were with.
I believe the thing that upset most people that when the issues were first raised, she did not apologise immediately although paying back chopper expenses. Took her almost two weeks to say sorry. Then the media kept digging and found more dodgy claims.
And the fact that in the Budget speech in May, Hockey said to ordinary salary earners "the age of entitlement is over"

Kids and their games:mad:.

My grand kids put this game on my Ipad and I am oh so hooked.

Has anyone played Flow Free? I pick it up and say just a couple of games, than about 20 or so later still playing it.

I am now on a high level 14x14 and it is oh so difficult. Kids tell me there is a cheat site but I refuse to look as it defeats the challenge.

If you like games to while away the time, suggest you download it, it is free.

Maggie5 With all your vegies & fruit trees you should get one of these.

http://www.honeyflow.com/

Absolutely brilliant design & great story behind it, especially the cash raising start up.

You might of already heard about of course. No i don't have one but will in the future, i hope.

Caught with her hands in the trough.

Maggie5 With all your vegies & fruit trees you should get one of these.

http://www.honeyflow.com/

Absolutely brilliant design & great story behind it, especially the cash raising start up.

You might of already heard about of course. No i don't have one but will in the future, i hope.
Thanks, will look into it. Had lots of bees around last year for some strange reason.

I'm a dad!!!!!! (scary thought isn't it)

Woohoo just been watching my first lamb being born & then the second!!!

Photos maybe tomorrow!

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.:D

nicholson.jpg

Photos maybe tomorrow!

nicholson.jpg
Congrats big fella.
Your life will never be the same again!

Photos maybe tomorrow!

nicholson.jpg
Congratulations arachnid o.
Great news.
We only request they be brought up honourably.... That means Collingwood supporters

Well done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Photos maybe tomorrow!

nicholson.jpg
No eating them!

No eating them!
Boys will be knackered & for the freezer, Ewes will be for breeding or selling, sorry.:(

Mrs OA already has named the bloody rest, original adults & last years lambs (bought not bred).:rolleyes:

She gets to choose one of last years wethers (knackered boys) to be a friend for the ram.
I'm trying to convince her it should be the small one.;) Although he (fatboy is his name) is last years boy from the one that had lambs today & is being very protective of his new half brothers.

Still got 3 more pregnant ewes plus the neighbours 3 after my ram got into his paddock about 120 days ago!:p

Maybe he's from New Zealand
Hey! Im from New Zealand and I'll have you know I've never been within 100 metres of a Ewe in my life, let alone shorn one

Boys will be knackered & for the freezer, Ewes will be for breeding or selling, sorry.:(

Mrs OA already has named the bloody rest, original adults & last years lambs (bought not bred).:rolleyes:

She gets to choose one of last years wethers (knackered boys) to be a friend for the ram.
I'm trying to convince her it should be the small one.;) Although he (fatboy is his name) is last years boy from the one that had lambs today & is being very protective of his new half brothers.

Still got 3 more pregnant ewes plus the neighbours 3 after my ram got into his paddock about 120 days ago!:p
Good on Mrs OA:)

(although I know I'm a hypocrite because I love lamb, but there's something about those cute little things running about your back yard....
Oh the reality of living on the land, and the ignorance of the city dwellers:eek:)

Hey! Im from New Zealand and I'll have you know I've never been within 100 metres of a Ewe in my life, let alone shorn one
Fiordland is beautiful.
Ewe make a fair point

Fiordland is beautiful.
Ewe make a fair point
In fact all of South Island is magnificent, come to that, all of New Zealand
Just the best country after our country here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back