Certified Legendary Thread The Random Non Footy Chat Thread - General Non Footy talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed it well enough, Definitely a place for a few beers. I saw about 6 WCE at Shenanigans earlier in the year
They used to come up often. Mate of mine used to work Shannanigans and now manages a smaller bar a few hundred metres down the road, same owners, but he's good mates with some of the older WCE trouble makers.....some pretty wild stories.

We had 60mm of rain probably a day or two ago, it's actually very nice atm, cool weather and nice breeze. I know it's coming, but the weather is fantastic atm.
I travelled in Laos during the rainy season - few tourists, pleasant temperatures, cheaper accommodation, particularly with an a/c room not so necessary. I am going OS to SEA or India at the same time next year. Umbrellas come into their own on rainy days. As long as you have one, or protective clothing, rain is not so dreadful.

Nah mate I've never ever accused you of dishonesty, just of being bipolar ;)

ps just trying Dundee IPA for the first time and it's not too shabby for the price.

You got me there mate, never tasted a Dundee Indian. Bought a slab of Hawkers IPA in honour of the mighty Hawks. Made in Reservoir but will blow your socks off.

You got me there mate, never tasted a Dundee Indian. Bought a slab of Hawkers IPA in honour of the mighty Hawks. Made in Reservoir but will blow your socks off.
Have you ever had Beer Lao? Dan Murphy's stocks it I see. I took a real liking to it in Laos and I am not a natural beer drinker. Everyone drank it. It is to Laos what kangaroo, boomerang or AFL is to Australia. It's that central to the heart of their culture. Have you ever tried it?
lager.png

Have you ever had Beer Lao? Dan Murphy's stocks it I see. I took a real liking to it in Laos and I am not a natural beer drinker. Everyone drank it. It is to Laos what kangaroo, boomerang or AFL is to Australia. It's that central to the heart of their culture. Have you ever tried it?
lager.png

Never tried it mate. Have to admit I am an amateur on Asian beer. I am really into American craft beer at the moment, especially IPA.

Nah mate I've never ever accused you of dishonesty, just of being bipolar ;)

ps just trying Dundee IPA for the first time and it's not too shabby for the price.
jmac is a bit more unpredictable than you'd think. One moment he's deriding people for being negative about the club, lecturing us to death about the proper functions of a club supporter. Next minute he's detailing some failure of the club or its players, though I couldn't prove this because I couldn't be ****ed searching the archive for evidence. Bipolar. That's what he is! :)

Went though a slab of the Hawkers pale on GF day as well!

Cracker beer/brewery!

Never tried it mate. Have to admit I am an amateur on Asian beer. I am really into American craft beer at the moment, especially IPA.
Buy some to test. It became like a daily medicine dose for me, a couple of big brown health elixirs. A $1.20 a large bottle with a meal on our unfortunate exchange rate, but $2.40 to get moderately pissed is more than reasonable.

Goes down best from a balcony bar stool 4 floors up looking out over a broad river, the sunset and the world in between. In Laos, chances are when you sit down at dusk for a beer, there's a river beneath, beside or before you, give or take a balcony view but preferable if available. Do you ever associate certain types of alcohol with their own unique ambience? And what has this to do with trade talks? Not a hell of a lot. Apologies to TD!:)

lager.png
I'm a bit of a fan - was just up in Laos for a few days and enjoyed drinking it at local prices.
As far as Asian beers in general, I'm a big fan of Sapporo, but Japan has also been swept over by craft beers too.

Buy some to test. It became like a daily medicine dose for me, a couple of big brown health elixirs. A $1.20 a large bottle with a meal on our unfortunate exchange rate, but $2.40 to get moderately pissed is more than reasonable.
Goes down best from a balcony bar stool 4 floors up looking out over a broad river, the sunset and the world in between. In Laos, chances are when you sit down at dusk for a beer, there's a river beneath, beside or before you, give or take a balcony view but preferable if available. Do you ever associate certain types of alcohol with their own unique ambience? And what has this to do with trade talks? Not a hell of a lot. Apologies to TD!:)
Bor Pen Yang?

Bor Pen Yang?
I drank at Bor Pen Yang 2 nights running. The 2nd night was an animated conversation with an Australian guy who had been kidnapped by a Cambodian woman and lured into one of the gambling games where win you win thousands then lose many thousands more.Shady Filipinos and some Cambodian tricksters. But not here. 4 floors up. Also Utopia Bar in Luang Prabang.
bor-pen-nyang-restaurant.jpg

4380563431_e0a0d60c48_b.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drank at Bor Pen Yang 2 nights running. The 2nd night was an animated conversation with an Australian guy who had been kidnapped by a Cambodian woman and lured into one of the gambling games where win you win thousands then lose many thousands more.Shady Filipinos and some Cambodian tricksters. But not here. 4 floors up. Also Utopia Bar in Luang Prabang.
bor-pen-nyang-restaurant.jpg

4380563431_e0a0d60c48_b.jpg
Spent many a night there -
Laos is cool.

lager.png
I have at a Laotian Restuarant years ago and loved it.

Was stoked when DM finally stocked it. They don't always have it though.

This talk is far more important than Football talk. NO need to apologise TGG, you have your priorities right.
Gin and tonic................Summer sitting in a nice beer garden in Nth Qld or by the pool
Red wine......................In front of an open fireplace with good friends and good conversation, winter time Mornington Peninsula
Beer............................Anywhere anytime.
Those are my associations.

This talk is far more important than Football talk. NO need to apologise TGG, you have your priorities right.
Gin and tonic................Summer sitting in a nice beer garden in Nth Qld or by the pool
Red wine......................In front of an open fireplace with good friends and good conversation, winter time Mornington Peninsula
Otto I thought I was in the trade talks thread. That is why I apologised. Must have been up too late and a bit delirious. I saw you are with me on drinks for different occasions. I am with you on the red wine in front of an open fireplace and with friends (particularly over dinner). I used to drink vodka and tonic until I discovered that tonic has almost as much sugar as coke. I switched to whisky and soda.

Last edited:
Otto I thought I was in the trade talks thread. That is why I apologised. Must have been up too late and a bit delirious. I saw you are with me on drinks for different occasions. I am with you on the red wine in front of an open fireplace and with friends (particularly over dinner). I used to drink vodka and tonic until I discovered that tonic has almost as much sugar as coke. I switched to whisky and soda.
LOL you were in the trade thread. MG moved the posts to this thread

You left out Aperol Spritz, or Campari Soda, sitting in the piazza, watching the world go by:)

Can we all join hands & sing Kumbaya?

Hope I didn't offend anyone suggesting a religious song & I hope I've posted in the correct thread.
Have a nice day all, hope it goes swimmingly for you.

Oh I didn't check with TD, I hope I haven't broken some rule.

Mods: If you need to dull this down anymore or shift it into some little neat pigeon hole, please go ahead.

MagpieJoel I especially hope you are having a pleasant day too. It's warm I might have a Paddle Pop Lion ice cream. No offence to Brisbane supporters of course.

Can we all join hands & sing Kumbaya?

Hope I didn't offend anyone suggesting a religious song & I hope I've posted in the correct thread.
Have a nice day all, hope it goes swimmingly for you.

Oh I didn't check with TD, I hope I haven't broken some rule.

Mods: If you need to dull this down anymore or shift it into some little neat pigeon hole, please go ahead.

MagpieJoel I especially hope you are having a pleasant day too. It's warm I might have a Paddle Pop Lion ice cream. No offence to Brisbane supporters of course.
bbt-sarcasm-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back