Mod. Notice The Recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

So has anyone watched the show? I saw the first episode and saw the potential for it to be interesting, but there were lots of cringe-worthy cliche moments from Voss. "If you think you know then you don't know" etc. Christ, it's not Vietnam. Nice to see Ben Dixon involved though.

Yeah i watched it. Bradie Foster looks like a really good prospect. I don't think Waylen Manson has the ticker to make something of this opportunity, but i'd like to see more of him so we can understand how hard it is for the indigenous boys coming from remote places. Imagine if Manson had the drive and arrogance of Johncock....

The bits with Darren Burgess are interesting, so you can get an idea of what a current elite fitness trainer does. But I suspect we won't get to see much actual football stuff, and it's going to be more reality bollocks, like jumping off the Etihad Stadium while Brad Scott opens and shuts the roof.

No surprise that a bloke in Hawthorn guernsey 36 was in the very first lot to be axed.

That 36 jumper has quite the tradition & prestige attached to it....Think Andrew Demetriou & Ricky Nixon for starterso_O:eek:....That bloke clearly has a big future ahead of him now.

Part of the AFL's equalization program, Sh1tney will have first pick.
you might have it right. Whoever rightfully gets first pick in the draft receives "the recruit" whist the first pick they were entitled to goes to the $wans. With ideas like this, one of us will be in AFL house before we know it Thaihawk

That 36 jumper has quite the tradition & prestige attached to it....Think Andrew Demetriou & Ricky Nixon for starterso_O:eek:....That bloke clearly has a big future ahead of him now.
I heard he is already on the LTI with his amateur club. Put the jumper on and simultaneously did his knee, hip, back and neck in a freak accident

I saw that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More about having sky-high potential, but seemingly little interest in putting in the hard work that's required to make it to/in the highest level.
In the case of Garlett, yes.

But have you ever been to a community? It is a big big change to move from a community to Melb or any other City.

But have you ever been to a community? It is a big big change to move from a community to Melb or any other City.
I haven't, and I don't dispute the truth of your statement.

My comments were based on the show suggesting that Manson has huge potential but also that his work ethic is less than elite (eg. wanting to quit the run multiple times). I used the Garlett comparison because it was the most obvious from a Hawthorn standpoint, and admittedly the easiest. It wasn't about the many struggles faced by indigenous community folk when faced with city life.

It's essentially a reality show, so the producers will present the players as certain 'characters'; it would seem Manson is their 'great but lazy' guy. It could have easily been a white 'surfer dude' from Torquay, and Garlett would still be a worthy comparison.

I saw them play the scratch game at the dump after a saints v GCs game against some former players. Dixon has stacked on a bit of weight but Ossy looked in top playing condition.

Only watching it for the info and stats that Darren Burgess supplies.

Very interesting to see the figures on work rate of elite athletes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back