Game Day The Rot In The Middle

Remove this Banner Ad

yeo was at a lot of centre bounces tonight for just 2 clearances . His contested game has gone backwards this year . He Iisn't even taking many contested marks
He is disappointing - he looks to be another potential eagles mid - half forward flanked to death which is a shame - imagine if - like scooter they just stuck him in the middle and said sink or swim.

Last edited:
Yeo doesn't have the smarts to play inside at stoppages. Should move him back to the HB line along with all our other failed midfield attempts

Shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic

This is Captain Simmo speaking. We have hit an iceberg.
But it's OK this ship is designed to crash through them.

We have sent our diver Ensign Shuey down to inspect the damage and it doesn't look good.
We will plug the hole with as many McGinnity's as we can get our hands on but we will need a big effort form all Lecraszszszs to make it happen.

We need everyone to hang in there like Jetta, and we should be OK.
But we will need a Judd, Cousins or Kerr to direct us through the remaining icebergs and get us to safety.

*2nd in charge "Umm Captain. Judd, Cousins and Kerr never boarded the ship sir."

Bleeep, bleeppeep, bleeeeeeeeep, bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep bleeeeepepepepp.

This is Captain Simmo speaking. We have hit an iceberg.
But it's OK this ship is designed to crash through them.

We have sent our diver Ensign Shuey down to inspect the damage and it doesn't look good.
We will plug the hole with as many McGinnity's as we can get our hands on but we will need a big effort form all Lecraszszszs to make it happen.

We need everyone to hang in there like Jetta, and we should be OK.
But we will need a Judd, Cousins or Kerr to direct us through the remaining icebergs and get us to safety.

*2nd in charge "Umm Captain. Judd, Cousins and Kerr never boarded the ship sir."

Bleeep, bleeppeep, bleeeeeeeeep, bleep, bleep, bleep, bleep bleeeeepepepepp.
what this man said

I still think Yeo hasn't had a large enough sample size. Ball winning doesn't seem to come natural but id still persist. Offensive back lines are so important in the game atm. If we made him permanent hb he could reach AA. In 2 years time Shep, Barrass, Gov, Yeo, Wellingham/McKenzie etc will be the experience that will be decent. Trade out a couple of middle of the roads for draft picks and just keep trying for quality in the middle.

bring back the badger, hes not the hero we want but hes the hero we need.

Actually he's neither

Looks like another year at least for our marquee clubman, although he cant play midfield and forward at the same time, id be looking at the next crop of draftees to see if any are in the ginners mould, players like this don't come round too often but, we just lucky I guess.

I still think Yeo hasn't had a large enough sample size. Ball winning doesn't seem to come natural but id still persist. Offensive back lines are so important in the game atm. If we made him permanent hb he could reach AA. In 2 years time Shep, Barrass, Gov, Yeo, Wellingham/McKenzie etc will be the experience that will be decent. Trade out a couple of middle of the roads for draft picks and just keep trying for quality in the middle.

I think Yeo biggest issue in close is that he doesn't have the quickest hands and is usually looking to kick the ball. If he doesn't just throw the ball on the boot (a good thing) he is always a good chance of getting tied up in a tackle, particularly if he isn't hitting the ball at pace.

He's just strong enough to get himself pinged holding the ball by half shaking a tackler a lot of the time but not quite there to actually break free to dispose of the ball properly. I am hopeful he still has good improvement to come as he develops.

Yeah if yeo can lift a bit more and start lift from that 20 possession mark to 25 possession mark, he will ease a lot of pressure off shuey. We lack one more dynamic and i think against better teams its a must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Yeo biggest issue in close is that he doesn't have the quickest hands and is usually looking to kick the ball. If he doesn't just throw the ball on the boot (a good thing) he is always a good chance of getting tied up in a tackle, particularly if he isn't hitting the ball at pace.

He's just strong enough to get himself pinged holding the ball by half shaking a tackler a lot of the time but not quite there to actually break free to dispose of the ball properly. I am hopeful he still has good improvement to come as he develops.
I feel like his timing is constantly off when he hunts the ball from stoppages then out of the blue he has these killer passages were you swear he could be Juddlike. There I said it.

Still think Yeo is worth persisting with in the midfield. He hasn't spent a lot of time in this role and is still fairly young so has some improvement left.

Yeo should have spent the first three quarters in the midfield against essendon. How tf do you develop a guy as a mid by playing him on a ff

Is that how we developed shuey, priddis, selwood etc etc?

Hell no - we had them in the guts - and at times they sucked. But they learned.

Games like yesterday are the perfect time to leave him in the middle.

Still think is worth persisting with in the midfield. He hasn't spent a lot of time in this role and is still fairly young so has some improvement left.
I honestly think having Yeo tag a gun just for the front row view of the best mids in the como and to take him to the ball all day will do wonders . Not to stop them but tell him to beat them.
This won't negate his game but enhance his chances of being in the right places to win the ball

Yeo should have spent the first three quarters in the midfield against essendon. How tf do you develop a guy as a mid by playing him on a ff

Is that how we developed shuey, priddis, selwood etc etc?

Hell no - we had them in the guts - and at times they sucked. But they learned.

Games like yesterday are the perfect time to leave him in the middle.
he's a burst player at the moment. his tank isnt built for a 100% midfield time. he needs to do a lot this preseason.

he's a burst player at the moment. his tank isnt built for a 100% midfield time. he needs to do a lot this preseason.
But thats just it - he has played good time in the mid - for example richmond and the prelim. He did very well albeit as the match went on he lost effectiveness.

I wish i still had the capacity to do highlights packages - id love to do the prelim of him.

But thats just it - he has played good time in the mid - for example richmond and the prelim. He did very well albeit as the match went on he lost effectiveness.

I wish i still had the capacity to do highlights packages - id love to do the prelim of him.
Apparently he only spent 58% time in the middle in the tigers game.

Enjoying the Yeo discussion. He's really an elite level project player. Definitely looking forward to how he progresses over his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back