Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
How bad is it?

The board.

The coaching staff.

The list managers.

The playing group.

It ALL stinks. Zero accountability, zero drive, no elite standards. We’re in a big, big mess for a long, long time. Because changes will never be enough, when this mess requires drastic, sweeping changes.

How bad is it?

The board.

The coaching staff.

The list managers.

The playing group.

It ALL stinks. Zero accountability, zero drive, no elite standards. We’re in a big, big mess for a long, long time. Because changes will never be enough, when this mess requires drastic, sweeping changes.
It’s coming apart and they don’t want to acknowledge it

The club doesn't care.

Rather than getting upset, just stop giving them your money. We are consumers after all.

The club doesn't care.

Rather than getting upset, just stop giving them your money. We are consumers after all.

You’re right that if the club started to struggle financially then changes would happen.

However I don’t think we’d come back from it. We’d be stuck down with clubs like St Kilda, Bulldogs and North and would always struggle to compete with well resourced clubs like Collingwood and West Coast.

How bad is it?

The board.

The coaching staff.

The list managers.

The playing group.

Adding;
Inability and/or stubbornness to learn from past performance with two consecutive preseasons leading to poor first up form.

Zero identifiable contract decision making framework. The gate appears based on personality over performance let alone future planning for success. Citing Sloane, ROB, Murphy & Nicks as recent examples of no logical process in place.

A rebuild on unstable foundations is only going to cause long term issues. The board need to act, drain the swamp and set this club up correctly.

Last edited:
It's getting increasingly hard to maintain support for my club given we have a future of continued mediocrity with the current leadership.

I have heard enough pathetic excuses from the club why we are 1-5. I would feel better if the club got angry... real angry that this is unacceptable.

Adding;
Inability and/or stubbornness to learn from past performance with two consecutive preseasons leading to poor first up form.

Zero identifiable contract decision making framework. The gate appears based on personality over performance let alone future planning for success. Citing Sloane, ROB, Murphy & Nicks as recent examples of a logical process in place.

A rebuild on unstable foundations is only going to cause long term issues. The board need to act, drain the swamp and set this club up correctly.

What if the board is the swamp?

It's getting increasingly hard to maintain support for my club given we have a future of continued mediocrity with the current leadership.

I have heard enough pathetic excuses from the club why we are 1-5. I would feel better if the club got angry... real angry that this is unacceptable.
Welcome at The Parade😉

Yep, cut the s**t of “we’re not far away”, “we’ve been good in patches” etc.

Why can’t the players and coaches come out and say that our performances thus far have been well below expectations, what we’re doing isn’t working, we’re bitterly disappointed and we’re working to fix it?

Why can’t the players and coaches come out and say that our performances thus far have been well below expectations, what we’re doing isn’t working, we’re bitterly disappointed and we’re working to fix it?
Knock Out Wow GIF by World Chase Tag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club are showing no real signs of anger that they have completely screwed up a good opportunity to plays finals this year.

Oh well always next year where we may not screw up the game plan over pre-season...

Seriously enough is enough!

How bad is it?

The board.

The coaching staff.

The list managers.

The playing group.

Nicks, he thinks he is a "revolutionist" and playing a game plan no other coaches are except for the Hawks in one game and Mitchell had to apologist for it lol.

The club doesn't care.

Stopped going to games 5 years ago, haven't been a member for 7 years. Will not sink a cent into the AFC till I see change. That's just me obviously.
Last year had me fooled thinking maybe?, but we have reverted to the script again.

Stopped going to games 5 years ago, haven't been a member for 7 years. Will not sink a cent into the AFC till I see change. That's just me obviously.
Last year had me fooled thinking maybe?, but we have reverted to the script again.
Do you watch games on TV?

Still supporting the club financially indirectly.

The only meaningful protest is to walk away completely.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SACA exactly the same issues.

I remember laughing at Rowie a few years ago. He was whining away about the red back krud show , 'we're terrible, it's just not good enough, what's going on down there?'. Whoever was on said, 'it starts at board level, we need to look there and at our coaching structure'. 'Oh nah, they're all great and doing there best, we've just got to get some wins'.

Do you watch games on TV?

Still supporting the club financially indirectly.

The only meaningful protest is to walk away completely.

Not really. If your members and supporters get fired up enough and make their feelings known it’ll make a difference.

The problem at our club is that most of our supporters are happy clappers. Go look at the Facebook comments on the post about last nights result, maybe 1 in 5 at best mentions how poor we were and suggests that things need to change.

You’re right that if the club started to struggle financially then changes would happen.

However I don’t think we’d come back from it. We’d be stuck down with clubs like St Kilda, Bulldogs and North and would always struggle to compete with well resourced clubs like Collingwood and West Coast.
I think we're already at the level of those loser clubs and have been for some time.

So many bargain basement hires in our football department, starting with the head of football himself.

I remember laughing at Rowie a few years ago. He was whining away about the red back krud show , 'we're terrible, it's just not good enough, what's going on down there?'. Whoever was on said, 'it starts at board level, we need to look there and at our coaching structure'. 'Oh nah, they're all great and doing there best, we've just got to get some wins'.

So many sporting club administrators are either in it for the wrong reason or there for too long.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Dunstall was only interim CEO for a short period and made decisions that set up the Hawks dynasty in that time. Fresh voices are rarely a bad thing and we have not enough of them.

I did not pick us to make the finals this year. We're a team that always flops during adversity. Even if we stole the game last night finals would have still be hard because of the tough draw ahead and the inconsistency of the younger players. Esp Fogarty, Rankine and Rachelle. We're not going to be there for quite a few more years I think with Sloane and Walker expected to retire after this season and I don't think Fogarty is quite there yet.

I'm annoyed about the Essendon celebration, it was way to excessive. They have been in a similar situation to us, often flopping when the expectation gets high. They haven't won a final since 2004, last year when they beat us things were looking good but they simply fell apart. Both sides have had their issues for years, some of it unfairly I must admit as well.

We deserved to be laughed at by Port and supporters of other teams at times. Walker had a point to prove to the umpire, good on him. But they missed the call and won't be changing it back. Would it have made a difference to our season, highly unlikely as I already said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back