Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Well if theres ever been an example that 2 trades every week is too much for dream team, then this is it. Before the byes had started i knew my dream team was rooted in all ways, so i decided to create a 2nd team for keeping up my interest (and im aware that having 2 teams is a no no).

So at round 9 i created a 2nd team just to muck around and pick some uniques. After a few rounds it dawned on me that it was possible to complete my team and have 22 premos on the field by round 23, despite starting this team almost half-way through the season.

This is the end result

teamcompletedfromround9.jpg

Conclusion: I scored 2294 points with this team in round 22, which had me at an round ranking of 11k. Had my trading been slightly different, I could have taken out the weekly prize. VS really should go back to 20 trades per week, as having 2 per week allows crap teams to catch and be competitive. Obviously my bench cover is a bit weak but the team overall is solid.

I like the 2 trades per week. There is no way I would want to go back to 20.

defintly needs to be less than 2 per week, makes it so easy in weeks where you have no injuries u can just use the trades for cash, instead of having to be shrewd in your trading throughout the season in terms of timing and which rookies to bring in to build that bank balance. and building a squad for finals, 2 trades per week takes a lot of skill and strategy out of that if you can just bring in super guns if you have to instead of relying on the depth in the squad that you had to build over the season when there was limited trades.

fwiw i'm a 10 year + dt player who lost all 4 prelims on the weekend :/

2 per week is too many. Trades used to be a precious commodity, which added an additional strategic element to the game, particularly late on in the season.

The change to 2 per week was merely to try and keep as many people playing for as long as possible over the course of the season, and therefore get more hits on the site and make more $ on the advertising/sponsorship etc. Unless they can think of another way to keep those idiots/kids who use up all their trades in the first half of the season playing on for the whole year, 2 trades per week will remain unfortunately.

You are aware that if you made the number of trades for the year 26 (I think it was 26 last year, might have been 24 though) that there is nothing stopping you from doing this anyway.

In summary: Paying ~380 for Watson is going be a lot easier then at the start of the season when he is $575k.

Again, IMO the problem isn't the number of trades, but the large amount of money that can be accrued since rookies are priced at ~$100,000 rather then what I would like to see where rookie listers are 200k through to 280k for the O'Meara/Wines/Whitfield types

Remove this Banner Ad

Back