Opinion The Ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree cant play LRT , Tippett , buddy , Resting ruck all in the front half

Never been a massive lrt forward fan at any stage to be honest, he has done the job as a pinch hitter down there, but sometimes we look short in defence and im not sure why that isnt his main spot if he is in the side

Never been a massive lrt forward fan at any stage to be honest, he has done the job as a pinch hitter down there, but sometimes we look short in defence and im not sure why that isnt his main spot if he is in the side
Maybe a pace issue with ted , grundy , lrt in the backline and when the ball hits the deck as he is no AJ or Rampe speed wise ?

Maybe a pace issue with ted , grundy , lrt in the backline and when the ball hits the deck as he is no AJ or Rampe speed wise ?

Yeah he probably only fits in if you drop grundy down back, but yeah i think of LRT more as a backman rightly or wrongly

Yeah he probably only fits in if you drop grundy down back, but yeah i think of LRT more as a backman rightly or wrongly

Rightly, backman is his best position IMO. But I agree with Punts about pace possibly being an issue in the backline.

Interview with S Dew on swans.com talking about the forward , midfield etc and also said if Tippett plays he will ruck
I don't like it, not sure they would do it if we had two quality ruck options I hope his knee holds up and Pyke doesn't get run into the ground in a few rounds time if not sooner Im not sold on his quad, Nankervis wasn't on stand bye for nothing last week he lost valuable game time in the process.

I hope he at least plays out of the square and leads straight, leaves the fancy stuff to Buddy.

If Tippett gives 100%, you know the first, second, third leads like a good key should not sure where his rest will come from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tippett rucks it'll only be the forward 50 stoppages, where a key forward is useless because of congestion anyway.
Bloody hope so. Problem is Pyke will be there anyway either "resting" or by virtue of being the ruck so what do we gain?

Bloody hope so. Problem is Pyke will be there anyway either "resting" or by virtue of being the ruck so what do we gain?

Its not happening this week but hopefully 'zoning' off the corridor from the rushed bomb out from the opposition defence, not that any team we've played so far has had to rush at all through the corridor we have just rolled out the red carpet for them.

Its not happening this week but hopefully 'zoning' off the corridor from the rushed bomb out from the opposition defence, not that any team we've played so far has had to rush at all through the corridor we have just rolled out the red carpet for them.
Couldn't agree more.

That has been one of the main issues for me. It is not simply the fact that they have been kicking it to the opposition there has been so little spread the uncontested ball has pinged straight back through an open field.

The ruck is obviously an issue at the minute would anyone consider trading away somebody to try and have a crack at Goldstein as a free agent? We'll have a few more retirements this year but you'd have to think we'd still need to trade off someone to free up the coin.

The ruck is obviously an issue at the minute would anyone consider trading away somebody to try and have a crack at Goldstein as a free agent? We'll have a few more retirements this year but you'd have to think we'd still need to trade off someone to free up the coin.

Goldstein would probably demand 750-800k in the open market i guess it depends on what's the status on Tippett contract?

Nope, Pyke and Derickx are around for a few more seasons and between Nankervis and Naismith I think we can get at least a serviceable ruckman, at best a good first ruckman. I'd stick with and develop what we have for now.
This is clearly what's letting us down, Brisbane's rucks are terrible that's why people think we all of a sudden don't have an issue

This is clearly what's letting us down, Brisbane's rucks are terrible that's why people think we all of a sudden don't have an issue

I don't think we don't have an issue, I just don't think overpaying for another free agent is the smartest way to correct the problem while, at the same time, exacerbating our salary cap issue.

If Nankervis or Naismith can turn into good players then that will sort our problem much more cheaply.

I don't think we don't have an issue, I just don't think overpaying for another free agent is the smartest way to correct the problem while, at the same time, exacerbating our salary cap issue.

If Nankervis or Naismith can turn into good players then that will sort our problem much more cheaply.
Nankervis is never going to be a first ruck and Naismith shows good signs but he's always injured
We don't have a problem? We lost the hit out count against Trent West!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back