The Soundwave Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting really sick of their Facebook page crapping on about shitty fill in bands like the Living End, but not bothering to mention Newsted pulling out or give us an updated timetable.
Starting to think AJ is covering his arse. He's been found out for the shitnosed little weasel he is and he's acting like a little kid.

I can understand not moving Hardcore Superstar though, because... Well, they're crap.

Agreed. Chris is an amazing guitarist too. Not much of a consolation for STP fans though.

I'm a bit pissed off in that 2 of the top 5 bands I wanted to see in Megadeth and STP won't be there. There's still enough left for it to be a very good day, but I was looking forward to an epic day.

At least I won't have to wonder whether Chester Bennington will take the shine off the STP performance or not, but small consolation.

Seeing Alter Bridge Wednesday at the Forum, can't wait! A shame though, wanted to see Heaven's Basement do their 'sidewave' show, but it's the same night and around the corner from the gig I'm already going to! Ah well, can't win them all ;)

Gojira and Mastodon were Gojira and Mastodon last night.

I..... HATE..... you. Harsh thing to say about someone you've never met but there ya go. Jealousy's a curse.

Did Gojira open, then Baroness, then Mastodon? If so would've been the perfect concert to have a few frothies beforehand, go nuts at Gojira, have a little session whilst Baroness is on, then go back in to go nuts with Mastodon.

Just sold my ticket on gum tree. Saw the timetable last night. The 3 bands left that I wanted to see are spread so far apart and play for so little time it's just not worth it anymore. **** you AJ Maddah.

That's gotta suck.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I'll still make a fair day out of it. It starts well, there's about 2 hours in the middle where it is a bit flat so will be a good time to chill with a few (predicted) $10 tinnies, then from about 4ish it's a great finish to the day (though not compared to what it could be)

I'm over it. Guy just picked up the ticket. Had HFC number plates. Does this mean anything besides I should've charged him more??
Should've pissed on the ticket first.

I..... HATE..... you. Harsh thing to say about someone you've never met but there ya go. Jealousy's a curse.

Did Gojira open, then Baroness, then Mastodon? If so would've been the perfect concert to have a few frothies beforehand, go nuts at Gojira, have a little session whilst Baroness is on, then go back in to go nuts with Mastodon.

Baroness, Gojira, Mastodon. I missed Baroness, but the other two were sensational. Gojira only played 7 songs (Explosia, Backbone, Heaviest Matter of the Universe, Flying Whales, L'Enfant Sauvage, Toxic Garbage Island, The Axe) but were incredible. Mastodon were just Mastodon, Troy was having an amazing acid trip. Too much stuff from the new album though, over half of their set was from The Hunter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baroness, Gojira, Mastodon. I missed Baroness, but the other two were sensational. Gojira only played 7 songs (Explosia, Backbone, Heaviest Matter of the Universe, Flying Whales, L'Enfant Sauvage, Toxic Garbage Island, The Axe) but were incredible. Mastodon were just Mastodon, Troy was having an amazing acid trip. Too much stuff from the new album though, over half of their set was from The Hunter.

Looks more or less like the setlist Gojira are playing at Soundwave. Really looking forward to Le-Enfant Sauvage, that song is something else.

Had a fantastic day.

Amon Amarth were truly incredible. For a band playing at 11am, they really woke everyone up. True Vikings, all of them, and "The Pursuit of Vikings" was amazing.

Biffy Clyro were a heap of fun, and rock solid. Will definitely be seeing them do a full length set in September.

Five Finger Death Punch were good, the three songs I saw of them anyway. Put on a good show. Full credit to the 10 year old kid who got up on stage and sang along with the chorus "burn mother*er, burn mother*er, burn mother*er".

Testament were a let down. The sound was just not right.

The Living End were great, really good live band. A lot of fun.

Satyricon were awesome. Being inside made the sound a lot more epic.

Trivium were s**t. For a band who recorded two of the best metal albums of the 00s, that was a setlist of pure filth. Cockteasing with Down From the Sky and Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr while playing mostly new s**t (in the poo sense of the word) was frustrating. Really, really disappointed.

Alice in Chains were just about the highlight. Duvall is an absolute godsend for them. Opening with We Die Young was very, very cool.

Down were quite good for a band I really knew nothing about. Their last song with the really long outro was awesome.

Gojira were their usual awesome self. Added Oroborus to their setlist from Tuesday, winning them 10000000000000 bonus points.

DevilDriver were incredible. They were so obviously having a heap of fun, and it translated to the crowd. I'd been umming and ahhing between DevilDriver + Mastodon or Green Day, and these guys totally outperformed what I was expecting. Bonus points for throwing me their drumstick as well.

Mastodon were the same as Tuesday. Fantastic, albeit over-reliant on their new album. I had a front row spot for Mastodon, and it was great to see them from so close.

Didn't get there until late because of work issues. Only really saw Alice in Chains, Jimmy Eat World and Green Day, but they were all fantastic so it was worth it in the end. JEW and GD took me back to when I was 19, so was really stoked to see them. That guy Billie Joe pulled up to sing Longview was pretty epic as well.

Good to see you see the light on Trivium ;)

The frustrating thing is, Ascendancy and Shogun prove that they are not s**t. They just choose to play s**t songs and sound like s**t. Which is far more depressing really.

Had a really good day on Saturday, but it's the first festival where I've been to where mother age seems to be catching up with me. I'm still sore from standing for ~12 hours.

I went to largely the same bands as BTG and have largely the same feedback.

Biggest let down by a street was Trivium and Testament, whilst they didn't seem to have the sound issues here that Ben mentions, their music got a bit monotonous after a bit. Also why didn't Chuck Billy become a guitarist? I've never seen a singer play air guitar using their mike stand as much as him..... quite comical really.

Biggest surprise for me was Pennywise which we went to after 2.5 Trivium songs (so thanks for being so s**t Trivium). They took me back to the mid/late 90s.

Alter Bridge were more than decent.

Gojira were almost worth the price of admission alone.

AIC were brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and it is thanks to them I reckon that I lost my voice by singing (or my version of) pretty much every word of every song.

Mastodon were great, and they played really well in the dark when the lighting went out for about 2 minutes.

I thought the rest of the bands were in the "good" category, didn't stand out but certainly weren't let downs either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back