The Sweet FA Wiki

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel stupid for asking this because surely I would know, but how do you actually create a page on the wiki?

I bet anyone $50 the answer is right in front of me :(
Refer to whatever you want to make a page for, anywhere else on the wiki.

Place the reference between double square brackets.

Eg on the Darkness Eternal page, add "The team played out of [[Dark Park]].

save the page and the reference becomes wikilinked (like a hyperlink).

Click on the link and you'll be taken to an empty page, and prompted to add data.

If you want the reference to show something different to the page name, use the following :

Dark Park was the home ground of the [[Darkness Eternal|Shadows]].

Will show "Dark Park was the home ground of the Shadows.

"Shadows" will be clickable, and will take you to a page with the address http://wikiblahblah\Darkness_Eternal

PVF I like what you did, but there's an issue with the home page(s) that is still to be reconciled.

There are essentially two home pages .. an innie and an outtie. Over time some things are being added to one and other things are being added to the other.

We're continually coming up with concerns that we "can't see how to get to {whatever}" because it's linked from one the pages, and not both.

I've been pushing to get these two pages to assume one specific role each. One should be a very generalised hub or portal, which links to the inner home page, hints for editing, etc ... and the other one should be a good link hub for the site itself.

That hasn't happened yet and more and more things are being done to either one or the other but not both. Getting very weird.

I've come across another issue. I can't work out how to find just all the images. When everything transferred, references to the images came across, pages for the images came across, but the images themselves didn't come across.

I just spent some time trying to work out where all the image pages were ... but again, with no luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eth that stats thingy eg Stats:Eth

... how does it work? I don't understand.

Also how the hell does one create a table? It's like the site just sometimes assumes the data you're entering is a table, and other times doesn't. I don't get it. Not one bit.

Not sure how it works, but I just copy the coding in the edits,

Copy the tables in mine, and you can change it the way you want it

http://sweetfa.shoutwiki.com/wiki/TheFreshBanana (Shameless self promotion).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back