Mega Thread THE TAN - The Filthy Sanchez Thread - TIGERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RichoLedio

As others have mentioned. Take the job.

I work as a manager and I look after approx 25 people in a production factory. I deal with a lot of job agencies and every single one of them has mentioned to me recently that there is not much work out there.

If you have a full time secured job you are better off than a lot of people. With Ford, Holden & Toyota closing down there is going to be a whole lot of people looking for jobs. Lots of fish in a small pond unfortunately.

Good luck with it all.

RichoLedio

I work as a manager and I look after approx 25 people in a production factory. I deal with a lot of job agencies and every single one of them has mentioned to me recently that there is not much work out there.

If you have a full time secured job you are better off than a lot of people. With Ford, Holden & Toyota closing down there is going to be a whole lot of people looking for jobs. Lots of fish in a small pond unfortunately.

Good luck with it all.
Cheers :)

Barrett reporting that Ryder told hird this week that he is leaving no matter what and won't change his mind. And on cue the bummer board melts down calling him a dog and say he is worth pick 3or4 and a top player at the club he choosesView attachment 80868
Yep Ryder's wife most likely hates Hird's guts and delivered the ' don't argue with me ' straight to Paddy, Paddy obviously knows the drill " A happy wife leads to a happy life ".
One has to wonder if Thompson was still coach would Ryder have stayed.

RichoLedio

Good luck with it all.
Here in Adelaide the job market has gone to hell in 12 months, the jobs wanted pages have litteraly shrunk by pages. Im still failing to see how Mister state it three times, its a statement, Ive stated it Abbott can say that the closing of Holden is a good thing for Australia in the long run. Mark my words when our local car manufacturers close Abbott and co are going to jack up the taxes on imported vehichles through the roof as we will have no choice but to buy them, would bet money hes having late night masturbation sessions over it all ready.

Last edited:
Here in Adelaide the job market has gone to hell in 12 months, the jobs wanted pages have litteraly shrunk by pages. Im still failing to see how Mister state it three times, its a statement, Ive stated it Abbott can say that the closing of Holden is a good thing for Australia in the long run. Mark my words when our local car manufacturers close Abbott and co are going to jack up the taxes on imported vehichles through the roof as we will have no choice but to buy them, would bet money hes having late night masturbation sessions over it all ready.

It's a bloody disgrace that we wont be manufacturing our own national car anymore, a bloody disgrace!

What are tiger fans in melbourne doing this weekend? I haven't got a clue what to do with myself outside of work now that footy season is over! :(

Electrician. Delivery came two days late and unfortunately job still had to be completed in the same time frame.:(
Electrican doesnt sound like the best job to be doing a 20 hour shift, not the type of job you want to even make a small mistake. especially around 3 phase power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bloody disgrace that we wont be manufacturing our own national car anymore, a bloody disgrace!
What are tiger fans in melbourne doing this weekend? I haven't got a clue what to do with myself outside of work now that footy season is over! :(

Go watch the Guardian,

Electrician. Delivery came two days late and unfortunately job still had to be completed in the same time frame.:(
Cool. At least you are not doing anything where fatigue could get you or someone else killed..
Stoopid timeframe!

Could use some advice, I got a part time job at a production nursery, on the provision they will put me on full time when I finish this cert II in horticulture 6 months from now. I'm two weeks into the course and its absolute crap (its 95% work for the dole people being forced to be there) and I'm not learning much at all.

My boss is very happy with me so far and wants me on full time sooner, but wants me to still get the qualification. Now I'm feeling kind of trapped because the classes are not flexible and attendance is mandatory and I don't really see this job as long term but its the only one I've managed to get apart from woolworths :( I have no idea what to do now

Do you still work with woolworths part time?

Electrican doesnt sound like the best job to be doing a 20 hour shift, not the type of job you want to even make a small mistake. especially around 3 phase power.

Cool. At least you are not doing anything where fatigue could get you or someone else killed..
Stoopid timeframe!

Its not too bad in the 15 years I have been doing it this is only the 3rd time its happened.
Just installing lights really. Apart from the late hours it was actually quite relaxing in a weird way.
There were 6 of us and apart from the project manager we were the only ones working. No phone calls and no need to work around tradesmen.

You know the worst thing i find in all of this blunt? The pollies say were losing local car manufacturing because were not competetive with pricing and there are too many car models here ie the fractured market. WELL CANBERRA 1: raise import taxes on the cars killing us so we can compete on an even playing field, 2: dont let those terribly cheap pieces of s**t in that are scrap after 10 years, you wont see a great wall or kia driving around at 40 like you do a good old hx ute. its not a hard solution compared to losing the BILLIONS of dollars that are generated by local manufacturing with all the supply companies thrown in. What type of first world country is Australia where we dont make anything ourselves? Im worried for my kids in 40 years.
Done with my rant blunt, thinking of making a thread to see if we can get enough numbers for a big footy tigers supporters piss up after september somewhere in melbourne. Ill make the flight for that.

EDIT: yes Holden wanted a 500m handout but its a fact that the revenue and spending generated by holden with dealerships, parts suppliers, transport, local shops etc etc etc far exceeded 500m over 3 years. I think roughly total revenue generated by Holden was 21b per annum through every single thing it touched. i cant see the sense in this.

Last edited:
You know the worst thing i find in all of this blunt? The pollies say were losing local car manufacturing because were not competetive with pricing and there are too many car models here ie the fractured market. WELL CANBERRA 1: raise import taxes on the cars killing us so we can compete on an even playing field, 2: dont let those terribly cheap pieces of s**t in that are scrap after 10 years, you wont see a great wall or kia driving around at 40 like you do a good old hx ute. its not a hard solution compared to losing the BILLIONS of dollars that are generated by local manufacturing with all the supply companies thrown in. What type of first world country is Australia where we dont make anything ourselves? Im worried for my kids in 40 years.
Done with my rant blunt, thinking of making a thread to see if we can get enough numbers for a big footy tigers supporters piss up after september somewhere in melbourne. Ill make the flight for that.

Lets start up our own aussie car manufacturing business and be faceless men behind the government and make benny gale prime minister and call it the something tigerian sedan.

Rants are good, I like rants.

is it inevitable that sydney vs hawthorn grand final happens?

i'm betting on it, who's with me? got them together at 1.62 for this weekends games.

Lets start up our own aussie car manufacturing business and be faceless men behind the government and make benny gale prime minister and call it the something tigerian sedan.

Rants are good, I like rants.
Free trade has killed any chance for manufacturing here in OZ except for 3 scenarios.
1: Extremely high tech and exspensive manufacturing plants where robotics and machines do 90% of the work.
2: Our workers agree to work in manufacturing for the same wages as China, Korea, Indonesia etc etc etc. Which wont happen as they would never be able to to put food on the table or pay the house off.
3: Were the only place making the product, but then as soon as a country with lower wages starts making it were screwed.

Free trade has killed any chance for manufacturing here in OZ except for 3 scenarios.
1: Extremely high tech and exspensive manufacturing plants where robotics and machines do 90% of the work.
2: Our workers agree to work in manufacturing for the same wages as China, Korea, Indonesia etc etc etc. Which wont happen as they would never be able to to put food on the table or pay the house off.
3: Were the only place making the product, but then as soon as a country with lower wages starts making it were screwed.

Where there's a will there's a way, they say.

I think the aussie people would be good enough to get behind it, they want to drive the tigerian. Just because our pollies are shyte doesn't mean we can't work around them, I'm not smart enough to work around it and figure it out but there will always be a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back