The Thomas kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas kicks a player in the upper chest, almost in the face. How many weeks?

Twenty years ago Peter Dean kicked Billy Brownless (if I recall correctly) in a manner less egregious than Thomas today and got 4 weeks. I can't recall a similar incident since, which suggests the deterrent factor in the Dean ruling worked very well.

That "kick" wouldn't have knocked my 3 year old over.

Was absolutely a 50. Stupid to do it in any way, but in front of the umpire? That was my last straw with Thomas. If I was coach, I would have absolutely ripped his head off after the game.

But no way should he get a suspension for it. 'Near the face' is now a problem? It's either high (face and neck) or it isn't. It wasn't. If you bump someone in the hip, you don't get in trouble for being 'near the groin'.
Grimes also made the most of it. Now, of course if you're getting kicked, you are entitled to make sure the umpire sees it. Every player would. But I very much doubt there'd have even been a mark on Grimes - so it was always going to be low impact at most.

$1000 fine for being stupid, yep, move on.

Hawks fans are great everywhere else on this forum, but become the worst posters on the MRP discussion threads. Seriously...are you going to argue the 'potential to cause injury' rule shouldn't be applied to either of Hodges incidents...

Hawks fans are great everywhere else on this forum, but become the worst posters on the MRP discussion threads. Seriously...are you going to argue the 'potential to cause injury' rule shouldn't be applied to either of Hodges incidents...
The "elbow" was as soft as I've ever seen, no way worth 3 weeks

The bump was impacted by wingard ducking his head

Let's no forget Lewis, who got the same treatment from the mrp, but other cases near identical haven't even got a fine

Hawks fans are just mocking the opposition fans, who create a "how many weeks" thread whenever a hawk player sneezes

I wonder if Goodes will get a fine for kicking out (with much more force) at Thompson, or will it get overlooked because he didn't really make contact?

As a mere "auslander", (why am I using a German word on an Aussie forum?), both of these kicks are not in the "spirit of the game" and are outwith the laws. They are both daft things to do and both should be punished equally. No damaged was actually caused by either but was there an intention to cause harm or just an instinctive reaction to be a bit of a utensil?

Personally, I've never kicked someone by way of a mild greeting... they tend to have either profoundly aggrieved me or wrestled me to the floor in a full blooded womanly, sexually aggressive manner. I have treated both of these types of instances in different ways. One generally results in a ruptured knacker and one in an intense cuddle.

It's just part of the game. You cop some, or you get to not cuddle Adam or Lyndsay. It seem to be a bit all "handbags at dawn" type of stuff which is by definition, also not in the spirit of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back