Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to read some of these posts. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. People post, never watch a VFL game, demand who should be selected, who should be delisted, they post that much they honestly believe their on bullshit. They cannot stand anyone with a different point of view.
Then write these marvellous posts of how great they are and how other people react, priceless.

Great to read some of these posts. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. People post, never watch a VFL game, demand who should be selected, who should be delisted, they post that much they honestly believe their on bullshit. They cannot stand anyone with a different point of view.
Then write these marvellous posts of how great they are and how other people react, priceless.

Do you have some specifics.

I am always interested in what you post even if I may not necessarily agree with some of it.

With VFL reports I feel much more confident in your views than most. I haven't been able to get to any VFL games and have only watched the 2 or 3 that have been ABC TV games.

I personally am very encouraged by where we are tracking.

Speaking of people posting about how great they are, how about those that post and refuse to acknowledge others' opinions? Yes, these people clearly know all and everybody who has a slightly different view is a piece of s**t, obviously.

Black Pup, interested on your thoughts on the topic.

Have read your thoughts and posts on the VFL side and its coaching and whilst not always agreeing find they at least have substance.

I do believe there is a big difference in coaching to win than coaching to develop. Clearly we have been coached to develop in a way I don not believe we have in the past and we are progressing in any number of KPI's. I don't believe there is a discernable switch in coaching from development to winning, it just appears to happen overnight though it is many years in the making, particularly at AFL level.

Therefore, I do believe Macca is on the right track as he is also developing coaches along with the players to ensure a sustainable attempt back up the top this time. Whether he can make the matchday adjustments required at the elite level, I am not sure, though with the base of training across the board this becomes less of an issue as most of the matchday coaching happens on the field through the playing group.

I know you do not like Maple as a coach, I am a bit 50/50. His role is to develop players for the seniors first and foremost. One noticeable thing this year I don't think I have ever seen, is when players are coming back in for their second time into the seniors they do appear to have developed what was required of them more expediently than ever before. I don't believe this is just the coach, more so the system we have finally been able to invest in for the club.

It is also this investment in the football operations that has me loathe to criticise ex coaches who never really had the resources to compete.

Interested in where you think we are going with coaching and development

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black hey

Bloody grammar! Would be correct if it read 'they're on bullshit'. I was - for years - absolutely hooked on the stuff. Not only was I on it, I actually believed I was on it. Frightening and very addictive. If you are addicted, or believe you are, try a 12 step program. I did - once I was 12 steps away from the computer this thread didn't worry me any more.

Last edited:
So a snake walks into a bar and orders some live squid tentacles.

To which the barman, who for obvious reasons is David Boon, replied "can you lick my spine?"

Boon then slips the snake a business card, which makes the Snake scream loudly "BRING BACK RUFFLES CRISPS" before growing legs and running to catch the 10:49 service to South Morang.

On the card, there was this picture:

giphy.gif

Does mummy get up in the morning and make your milk little boy shorts while u watch the cartoons? Sorry im not versed in disney productions as much as u are. I bet ur one of these "good people" who's learning his "craft".
Perhaps you could less time stressing over your perception that the club is on a downward spiral, and more time on your spelling, grammar and punctuation. It's incomprehensible that anyone over the age of 12, who wishes to be taken seriously, shortens "you're" to "ur".

Last edited:
Diffently one of the DUCKS, all the ducklings liked it, we all know who they are. But you are obvisiously professor Duck.
Bloody grammar! Would be correct if it read 'they're on bullshit'. I was - for years - absolutely hooked on the stuff. Not only was I on it, I actually believed I was on it. Frightening and very addictive. If you are addicted, or believe you are, try a 12 step program. I did - once I was 12 steps away from the computer this thread didn't worry me any more.[/QUOTE

To which the barman, who for obvious reasons is David Boon, replied "can you lick my spine?"

Boon then slips the snake a business card, which makes the Snake scream loudly "BRING BACK RUFFLES CRISPS" before growing legs and running to catch the 10:49 service to South Morang.

giphy.gif

And I thought the previous page was weird....

giphy.gif

And I thought the previous page was weird....

Not so weird, that post is literate yet nonsensical. Its already half way ahead of many posts here.

Diffently one of the DUCKS, all the ducklings liked it, we all know who they are. But you are obvisiously professor Duck.
Obvisiously, M. chiennoir! Although, not diffently. As for ducks and drakes... I don't profess to know the difference. In fact, I canard-ly tell them apart!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif
I'm pretty sure this post (if serious ;)) would be enough for a psychologist to diagnose somebody with Wernicke's aphasia.

giphy.gif
I found myself humming Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds after reading this. Is it mushroom season in Europe?

I will not continue to argue my "facts"but the countdown has begun

27 weeks til one group will bask in the glory of their righteousness and the defeated will use excuse after to excuse to explain their loss.

Wonder who will stand on the mountain?

One thing I WILL NOT ACCEPT is any contract signing by Macca before the end of next year. The club must allow this contract to run out and then look at his position and the alternatives out there if he has not secured his position with a finals or very close to finals appearance next year.

Win/lose will definitely be a measure next year no matter what bollocks the pro Macca people attempt to talk about and push development.

Last edited:
One thing I WILL NOT ACCEPT is any contract signing by Macca before the end of next year. The club must allow this contract to run out and then look at his position and the alternatives out there if he has not secured his position with a finals or very close to finals appearance next year.

Win/lose will definitely be a measure next year no matter what bollocks the pro Macca people attempt to talk about and push development.

As if the club will take your rantings into account when deciding whether to re-sign McCartney!!!

You will not accept..... okey.

I do believe there is a big difference in coaching to win than coaching to develop.
Absolutely - Eade did it in his first two years as well, especially with the defensive unit. Long term gain after the short term pain.

Black Pup, interested on your thoughts on the topic.

Have read your thoughts and posts on the VFL side and its coaching and whilst not always agreeing find they at least have substance.

I do believe there is a big difference in coaching to win than coaching to develop. Clearly we have been coached to develop in a way I don not believe we have in the past and we are progressing in any number of KPI's. I don't believe there is a discernable switch in coaching from development to winning, it just appears to happen overnight though it is many years in the making, particularly at AFL level.

Therefore, I do believe Macca is on the right track as he is also developing coaches along with the players to ensure a sustainable attempt back up the top this time. Whether he can make the matchday adjustments required at the elite level, I am not sure, though with the base of training across the board this becomes less of an issue as most of the matchday coaching happens on the field through the playing group.

I know you do not like Maple as a coach, I am a bit 50/50. His role is to develop players for the seniors first and foremost. One noticeable thing this year I don't think I have ever seen, is when players are coming back in for their second time into the seniors they do appear to have developed what was required of them more expediently than ever before. I don't believe this is just the coach, more so the system we have finally been able to invest in for the club.

It is also this investment in the football operations that has me loathe to criticise ex coaches who never really had the resources to compete.

Interested in where you think we are going with coaching and development
I think the club is really tracking well, Footscray VFL has been a tremendous result for the club, and our recruiting since Macca has arrived has been outstanding.
I think Maple has serious help in the coaches box, which I think he needs, the point I tried to make about Maple, was that he had no coaching experience, and we could and should have appointed a more experienced coach.
I watch 2 VFL games every weekend and have close friends that run both the Williamstown and Port Melbourne football clubs, it is no secret that Footscray VFL have the best list in the competition.
Anything other than a top two position would not surprise, a top four finish would be expected.
Trying to explain that on BF, automatically makes you a hater, but apart from about 9 or 10 that post on here, the rest love the club, but have no real idea.
My wish for the club, and something I think it really needs. I would love the club to chase BOMBER THOMPSON to appoint him director of football, sit in the coaches box on match days, and advise and help MACCA I believe this is vital, to continue our next step forward. If not Bomber, someone like him.
Re our playing list, I think our main concern, is not a key forward, but a key back, I believe Roughhead is a real talent, that could be used up forward, Roughead, Stringer, Crameri, Jones, Grant, can score 100 plus points to make us a top four side, our defence is my concern, Morris has not long to go. That's just a few thoughts.

27 weeks til one group will bask in the glory of their righteousness and the defeated will use excuse after to excuse to explain their loss.

While I think the wording of this point is massively melodramatic, I agree with the content.

- Macca has 2 more years on his contract. But he should be re-assessed at the end of next year.
- That re-assessment should place great importance on wins and losses.
- Not sure Matt realises that Macca's contract will not run out for 2 more years. But if the results next year are unacceptable then he should be moved on, in my view. And if the results are greater than expected than I would be happy for him to be extended another year or two.
- In my view, the par result next year is 10-11 wins. Every less win will need to be justified. And every win above that will count towards a contract extension.

This is not me saying if we win 8 games next year Macca should be immediately sacked a year early. But the disappointing result will need to be justified. "Taking the long view" will increasingly be seen (at least by me) as a convenient excuse. And the lower the number of wins, the more Macca in my view should have to justify why he shouldn't be let go a year early - especially if there are better options available on the market.

The most important thing about this though, is that he should be given A FULL YEAR to deliver W/L results. I don't want to see agitation to sack him super-early if we lose the first 5 matches. (And yes, I know that agitation will occur. But not from me!)

I think the club is really tracking well, Footscray VFL has been a tremendous result for the club, and our recruiting since Macca has arrived has been outstanding.
I think Maple has serious help in the coaches box, which I think he needs, the point I tried to make about Maple, was that he had no coaching experience, and we could and should have appointed a more experienced coach.
I watch 2 VFL games every weekend and have close friends that run both the Williamstown and Port Melbourne football clubs, it is no secret that Footscray VFL have the best list in the competition.
Anything other than a top two position would not surprise, a top four finish would be expected.
Trying to explain that on BF, automatically makes you a hater, but apart from about 9 or 10 that post on here, the rest love the club, but have no real idea.
My wish for the club, and something I think it really needs. I would love the club to chase BOMBER THOMPSON to appoint him director of football, sit in the coaches box on match days, and advise and help MACCA I believe this is vital, to continue our next step forward. If not Bomber, someone like him.
Re our playing list, I think our main concern, is not a key forward, but a key back, I believe Roughhead is a real talent, that could be used up forward, Roughead, Stringer, Crameri, Jones, Grant, can score 100 plus points to make us a top four side, our defence is my concern, Morris has not long to go. That's just a few thoughts.
agree 100%

if not Bomber, not sure who else there would be
any ideas?
I still want Shannon Grant to depart and either Gia take over or get an experienced forward line coach

I don't think posters think it makes you a hater, just sensitive because they are protective as they are passionate with the club
and not necessarily targeted at you, but things have to phrased kind of carefully online because you obviously can't tell the type of tone
they are speaking in, you know?

You keep saying this and I think I've questioned you on it like 3 times now but you obviously don't want to respond.

Why is a bottom 4 teams depth so much better than all the other standalone teams?

You know what , you might be surprised but not many will disagree with you this time , including me.
No doubt we need to see improvement , but I think we have all argued for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back