The Western United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Only issue with the Wyndham naming is picking up fans from Geelong / Ballarat which is obviously also WU's target market.

Maybe they could go for a name that isn't about the location. For example there are no cities called Arsenal, Juventus, Celtic or Rangers.

Maybe they could go for a name that isn't about the location. For example there are no cities called Arsenal, Juventus, Celtic or Rangers.

Interesting idea. To me it seems WU's catchment is as far east as Truganina, as far west as Geelong / Ballarat, as far South as Port Phillip Bay and as far north as Taylors Lakes/Caroline Springs.

Coming up with a name that encapsulates and identifies with that catchment will be difficult. That's why they went for "western" initially, it was the most logical.

Interesting idea. To me it seems WU's catchment is as far east as Truganina, as far west as Geelong / Ballarat, as far South as Port Phillip Bay and as far north as Taylors Lakes/Caroline Springs.

Coming up with a name that encapsulates and identifies with that catchment will be difficult. That's why they went for "western" initially, it was the most logical.
I always considered it to be a bit of a "if you try to appeal to everybody, you appeal to nobody" type scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back