Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 14 and we have the traditional Australia Day Big Blue clash but this season its important from the wrong end of the table. With both teams struggling it will be a clash to avoid the bottom of the table. In other matches we have the 'Distance Derby' between the Nix V Perth with both teams in form it should be a cracking match. We also have a top four clash between CCM V Wanderers a win for either will cement their top four prospects.

A-League Round 14

Thursday 26th January
Melbourne Victory V Sydney F.C 6:45pm ESDT, AAMI Park

Friday 27th January
Newcastle Jets V Brisbane Roar 7:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm EST, McDonald Jones Stadium

Saturday 28th January
Wellington Phoenix V Perth Glory 1:00pm ESDT 3:00pm NZLT, Sky Stadium
Macarthur F.C V Western United 5:0pm ESDT, Campbelltown Stadium
Central Coast Mariners V Western Sydney Wanderers 7:45pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Sunday 28th January
Melbourne City V Adelaide United 3:00pm ESDT, 2:30pm CSDT, AAMI Park (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Predictions: VIC 2-1, NEW V Bris 1-1 MAC 1-0 CCM 2-2 City 3-1

Enjoy the football this unofficial long long weekend.

Last edited:

I have the feeling will be the final time The Big Blue on Australia Day (least in its current date)

Many players like Luke Brattan have spoken out saying they feel very uncomfortable playing on this contentious and controversial day, and I can honestly understand why.

I have the feeling will be the final time The Big Blue on Australia Day (least in its current date)

Many players like Luke Brattan have spoken out saying they feel very uncomfortable playing on this contentious and controversial day, and I can honestly understand why.
Sounds like the little pommy brat needs a good talking to, and perhaps a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s not going anywhere mate, having attended this match in the past it’s a coming together of all cultures hence Unite, which is what Australia Day should be about imo. As long as there is an Australia Day public holiday The match will be played on Australian Day. If rat face Brattan doesn’t like it he can chose not to play.

Last edited:
It’s not going anywhere mate, having attended this match in the past it’s a coming together of all cultures hence Unite, which is what Australia Day should be about imo. As long as there is an Australia Day public holiday The match will be played on Australian Day. If rat face Brattan doesn’t like it he can chose not to play.

It's not a coming together of cultures, which is the entire point.

I'm barricking for MV tonight, Syd the weak campaigners you can score goals from the centre line against them!

Who tf is this sideline commentator.

"It's been end to end. It's been a good contest. I think Sydney have been better. Yeah, it's been end to end, a good contest, Sydney have probably had the better of it. The action has been quite end to end..."

Come on mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet their club's active supporter group is called "The Cove", and I'm guessing it's not because they also like to sail boats in their spare time. It's named after the landing spot of the invasion, to celebrate it for that very reason.

2 of my mates are trying to argue that the red card for Payne was correct. Both are refs so of course they are going to side with the ref. They are the only 2 people I have seen say it was the correct decision.

2 of my mates are trying to argue that the red card for Payne was correct. Both are refs so of course they are going to side with the ref. They are the only 2 people I have seen say it was the correct decision.
That's ridiculous that they're trying to justify that call 😒 Amateurs, the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back