Workshop The Women's National team of Denmark: Valkyries

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all you great creative people out there.

On behalf of DAFL I am very glad to announce that a womens National team is currently working to make it to the Euro Cup in London 2014 in October.

The great group of female players has decided to name their team: The Danish Valkyries. The valkyries has often inspired poets to describe them as women warriors. Their name menas “chooser of the slain” because in old northern mythology they are told to be the once to choose who on the battlefield would go to Valhalla and serve as Odins worriers during Ragnarok (the last war when the end of the world is coming) and who should go to hell (or at least the version of hell in northern mythology) A Valkyrie is therefor the female version of a Viking, just with more connections to the religion back then, they are associated with war and weapons and some believe them to be Odins worriers too during Ragnerok. They are beautiful and magical figures who can fly due to magical swan feathers.

My challenge for people in here is to help the girls team make a logo (and maybe even a jumper) for the new women’s National team of Denmark.

Here is some inspiration :
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-valkyries-club/images/25206940/title/women-warior-photo
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-valkyries-club/images/25206885/title/women-warriors-photo

much more information if you google: Valkyries.

Really hope someone is keen on taking on this challenge, the National colors for denmark is red and white.
We will find a reward if anyone can come up with something great. :)

I think the main thing would be a jumper, as DAFL tends to use plain red or white shorts and plain red socks.

Logo's would be an added bonus - the DAFL logo is attached.

As you can see, the mens team "Vikings" have a jumper with the central Footy and helmet being the basic logo.

Winner of the chosen design, will get a jumper made and sent to them.

Attachments

• For small prints.png
    For small prints.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 7
Here is a logo I have thrown together (with name variations, {both English and Danish}):

Main Logo

DenmarkValkyries_zps4398c8ce.png

DanmarkValkyries_zps536357a9.png

DanishValkyries_zpsc102a2b1.png

DanskValkyries_zpsda757b2e.png

Alternate Logo

ValkyriesAlternate_zpsb001512a.png

Last edited:
I think a red base and a valkyrie in the middle would be something we are looking for:
Converse_Valkyries_icon.jpg

valkyrie-copy.jpg

20505929.jpg

Or maybe play around with the helmet with the wings and a football inside as how the Denmark Vikings
ICDenNau11MW-108-698x999.jpg

I think a red base and a valkyrie in the middle would be something we are looking for:
Converse_Valkyries_icon.jpg

valkyrie-copy.jpg

20505929.jpg

Or maybe play around with the helmet with the wings and a football inside as how the Denmark Vikings
ICDenNau11MW-108-698x999.jpg
the first logo, would it be possible to get the name worked in somehow ? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back