Sport The World Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I might watch a bit of it but our/my confidence is at an all time low.

Spurs vs Sunderpants tonight. Keen?
I have this sick feeling former Spur Defoe, will score on his mackems debut. Don't how I feel about tonight, quite a few unavailable. A win tonight would be great with Arse playing away at City.

Without looking at the result I'd say a turnover and Sunderland goal?
No. The player with the ball (Paulinho) passes to the player in the bottom right (Vertonghen) who then runs past the last defender and slots the ball in the open net (the yellow player is the Sunderland goalie, who they had brought up for a last minute corner). End result being Vertonghen's goal is disallowed for offside even though he was 5 metres into his own half and behind the last defender. ******* stupid linesman.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barmy44 please explain how Arsenal put 2 past you?

i dont think thats the right question...

teams man city have shipped 2 goals to this season: arsenal x 2; QPR; burnley; sunderland; hull; west ham. hardly confined to huge scoring or overly threatening outfits. also, 1 of the 2 arsenal put in was a penalty (dubious, but city have received a few of them so far this term...), and more of them go in than dont.

man citys back 4 is leakier than their status suggests it should be, and hart has periods of being one of the best in the world, while also letting through regulation chances with more regularity than youd expect from a £80,000 a week GK.

the proper question is how did man city not net 2 or 3 goals to negate the 2 arsenal slipped in? granted this is from memory, but i remember hearing during the 0-1 loss to stoke at home that city had failed to net at home twice in their last 70 or so matches.

pellgrinis home record as manager is W25, D2, L2.

so the slack defence leading to goals is understandable (and also sadly to be expected from the team this year), but their inability to score (especially at home) is very poor.

Bloody hell Barmy we did you a favour by beating Chelski.... Where's the reciprocation??;):p

Guess we'll have to do it ourselves in 2 weeks time.:thumbsu:

Am quite happy it's getting close to Feb and we're still fighting on in 4 tournaments. Apparently not bringing anyone in as Poch is happy with the squad.

Maybe that's been our missing ingredient. A stable squad. Would still like another striker to support Kane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back