The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maher is totally bleh.

Spent an entire show the other day disputing the existence of self-driving cars, when callers called in about 30+ times proving they did exist. Couldn't help but cringe. Gazey is likeable even if his knowledge is a little subpar.

One thing I hate too, is that the moment someone takes a swipe at the AFL or disagrees with them, cut, straight to next caller.

Maher is totally bleh.

Spent an entire show the other day disputing the existence of self-driving cars, when callers called in about 30+ times proving they did exist. Couldn't help but cringe. Gazey is likeable even if his knowledge is a little subpar.

One thing I hate too, is that the moment someone takes a swipe at the AFL or disagrees with them, cut, straight to next caller.
They've always cut callers off when they have a go at the host or the AFL. When Lyon was hosting it he couldn't take any criticism at all, he'd always have a sook when challenged and the caller would be cut off.

Page 71 of today's HS might get a few smiles.

It says that Harf is keen to move to brekky full time with David King meaning that the two Andrew morons will be ousted.

Also mentions a possible return by Franky Leach. Geez he would've been handy during the drug saga, going toe to toe with Watson and Slobbo.

It says that Harf is keen to move to brekky full time with David King meaning that the two Andrew morons will be ousted.

Also mentions a possible return by Franky Leach. Geez he would've been handy during the drug saga, going toe to toe with Watson and Slobbo.
Do you think Tim Exclusive Watson would have hung around if he didn't have a sycophant sitting next to him?

the station needs a sweep through it

Please make this so.
Morning Glory had become very stale and needs a change.

For SEN a nice voice and sport knowledge are essential. A sense of humour a bonus. Why can't SEN find many people who meet these criteria??

KB is a legend IMO. Very, very funny man and knows a hell of a lot about most sport. Good voice too. Yeah he's stubborn and a little cray cray, but he has all the SEN flogs well and truly covered.

Andy Gaze has a shocking voice, and is clearly lacking knowledge on just about everything. But at least he was an elite sportsman and seems a pretty good bloke.

Andy Maher makes my ears bleed. Add pompous and self important. Add in an absolute suckhole. Add in lack of knowledge on anything bar footy. What does this dickwad offer other than aural pain?? God I hope he gets the flick.

And hell no to Frank Leach. A good voice and good knowledge but the most annoying fake girly laugh ever. Also pompous and over PC and just a bit of a twat. Please no.

Mark Allen has a nice enough voice but seems to take pride in his ignorance.

Mark Fine has some knowledge but an annoying voice, and comes across as the most obnoxious tool I've ever heard on SEN. Sorry except for his guest, the annoying lawyer who thinks screaming self importantly into the microphone to be quality radio.

Harf is inoffensive but to the point of being opinionless, a decent knowledge and an ok voice. Tick

Rant over.

Last edited:
Andy Gaze has a shocking voice, and is clearly lacking knowledge on just about everything. But at least he was an elite sportsman and seems a pretty good bloke.

And hell no to Frank Leach. A good voice and good knowledge but the most annoying fake girly laugh ever. Also pompous and over PC and just a bit of a twat. Please no.
Just on these two I see it the other way around. Being an elite sportsman adds nothing to his ability on the radio. Should only be used sparingly with regards to his specific sport. I would take Leach every day over the know-nothing, voice for news print, Gaze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on these two I see it the other way around. Being an elite sportsman adds nothing to his ability on the radio. Should only be used sparingly with regards to his specific sport. I would take Leach every day over the know-nothing, voice for news print, Gaze.

Fair enough. Gaze is awful. But I guess was saying at least Gaze has a redeeming feature and that is that he has some credibility gained in his time as an elite sportsman. What is Maher's redeeming feature??

And on Leach, no doubt he's better than Gaze and is a pro. He just annoys the s**t out of me. His sycophantic girly titter is hideous. But you are correct, Leach kills Gaze as an announcer. Poor Gazey.

Fair enough. Gaze is awful. But I guess was saying at least Gaze has a redeeming feature and that is that he has some credibility gained in his time as an elite sportsman. What is Maher's redeeming feature??

And on Leach, no doubt he's better than Gaze and is a pro. He just annoys the s**t out of me. His sycophantic girly titter is hideous. But you are correct, Leach kills Gaze as an announcer. Poor Gazey.
These days between SEN, channel 9 and 7 commentary, I am starting to believe that having played the sport at the highest level adds almost zero credibility to being in the media/commentary or sports radio. Too many jobs have gone out to mates with no skills who put in no effort.

That said Maher doesnt even have that to fall back on adds pretty much nothing

not sure what mahers redeem feat. is, but IMO so what if you were an elite sportsman. doesnt give you the right to sail through and bypass all checks and balances. yes, he maybe a good bloke, family man etc, but for mine (and you too i feel) be a professional announcer/host first, sportsperson second.

kevin hellier, BP etc, all pros.

not sure what mahers redeem feat. is, but IMO so what if you were an elite sportsman. doesnt give you the right to sail through and bypass all checks and balances. yes, he maybe a good bloke, family man etc, but for mine (and you too i feel) be a professional announcer/host first, sportsperson second.

kevin hellier, BP etc, all pros.

Speaking of Kevin and BP, how does one tell who's who by voice?

Harf is inoffensive but to the point of being opinionless, a decent knowledge and an ok voice. Tick

I'm sorry, but how can one be a host on a sports station and yet be so unwilling to offer an opinion on the same issues and content he is discussing?

The guy is so scared of offending someone that he just offers no opinions on anything. It's pathetic.

I'm sorry, but how can one be a host on a sports station and yet be so unwilling to offer an opinion on the same issues and content he is discussing?

The guy is so scared of offending someone that he just offers no opinions on anything. It's pathetic.
Haven't listened to him in a long time. It's bland radio and as you said he offers nothing. Plays the loveable fool, like Gaze. At least harf isn't a complete idiot, like Gaze.

Haven't listened to him in a long time. It's bland radio and as you said he offers nothing. Plays the loveable fool, like Gaze. At least harf isn't a complete idiot, like Gaze.

I don't get to tune in as much to him these days, so things could have changed (I doubt it), but I've listened to plenty of him over the years and I genuinely cannot recall him ever offering a serious opinion on any sort of controversial subject that had the potential to offend someone. The only time he would ever express a view on anything would be while talking to co-hosts or guests etc. about their favourite chocolate bar, favourite reality TV shows and trivial, inane stuff like that. But as soon as things get even slightly serious, he just backs out completely.

He's far more professional and slightly more knowledgeable than Gaze, but that's not really saying much.

He's clearly a pretty decent bloke, and I imagine that he'd be a great MC at events or functions, where the atmosphere is always light, relaxed and jovial.

But you can't be a good radio host if you are unable or unwilling to offer an opinion.

I don't get to tune in as much to him these days, so things could have changed (I doubt it), but I've listened to plenty of him over the years and I genuinely cannot recall him ever offering a serious opinion on any sort of controversial subject that had the potential to offend someone. The only time he would ever express a view on anything would be while talking to co-hosts or guests etc. about their favourite chocolate bar, favourite reality TV shows and trivial, inane stuff like that. But as soon as things get even slightly serious, he just backs out completely.

He's far more professional and slightly more knowledgeable than Gaze, but that's not really saying much.

He's clearly a pretty decent bloke, and I imagine that he'd be a great MC at events or functions, where the atmosphere is always light, relaxed and jovial.

But you can't be a good radio host if you are unable or unwilling to offer an opinion.
It's been a while for me as well but I'd imagine he's the same. He isn't annoying he's just a nothing host. Gaze annoys the hell out of me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back