The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Allen knows less about sport than I do about Mongolian architecture. Gets more names wrong than he does right and is the smuggest prick I've heard since.....ummmmm,someone. Leigh Patch was reviewing Southpaw the other day and Allen got Tom Hardy and Jake Gyllenhall mixed up,also called him "Jack Gillenhall"

Mark Allen knows less about sport than I do about Mongolian architecture. Gets more names wrong than he does right and is the smuggest prick I've heard since.....ummmmm,someone. Leigh Patch was reviewing Southpaw the other day and Allen got Tom Hardy and Jake Gyllenhall mixed up,also called him "Jack Gillenhall"

lol so true - discussing the best athletes today and Ox compared Roger Federer to Serena Williams and asked Marko how they matched up. Marko's response was "yeah dunno, how many majors has Roger won? This (US open) will be Serena's twentieth if she wins so um yeah, I'd say they are even.":rolleyes:

Fed: 17 slams
Serena: 21 slams

Frank from national tiles. Deserves to have a box of them dropped on his foot.
I ******* hate how there's a block of ads that go for about 10 minutes, they come back to the presenters who talk s**t about what's coming up after the break,then more ads again.

Ad breaks usually go for a maximum of 4 minutes. I know because I timed them one day so I can now switch them off if they really annoy me and flick the radio back on when they are finished (I mainly do this when driving).

There's a kid - and I think he is fresh out of high school or at the most first year uni - who does the All Night Appetite with Scott Cooney (who I like). His name is Adam Berolli or something like that.

He is WOEFUL. comes in completely underprepared. Has no idea about any of the topics he talks about (except for soccer, which I assume he knows about as I don't know about it myself).

Just says cliches and says a lot of words without saying anything (obviously a fan of Dermott Brereton and Matthew Hayden). 95% of the things he says are wrong and it's cringe worthy.

I wonder if he gets paid for that gig or it's just some work experience. Either way, no idea why SEN persist. I know it's the graveyard shift but it's a bad look for the station.

There's a kid - and I think he is fresh out of high school or at the most first year uni - who does the All Night Appetite with Scott Cooney (who I like). His name is Adam Berolli or something like that.

He is WOEFUL. comes in completely underprepared. Has no idea about any of the topics he talks about (except for soccer, which I assume he knows about as I don't know about it myself).

Just says cliches and says a lot of words without saying anything (obviously a fan of Dermott Brereton and Matthew Hayden). 95% of the things he says are wrong and it's cringe worthy.

I wonder if he gets paid for that gig or it's just some work experience. Either way, no idea why SEN persist. I know it's the graveyard shift but it's a bad look for the station.

spot on there. not many listen at the time compared with other slots. so its a time to blood the kids.

maher.

topic - s johnson playing on next year.

question - if a club takes him on, and it fails, everyone will bag the club. will you?

maher - declares on this day at this time he will not....provided the club does it's due diligence.

so if sj plays on and it's a disaster, no doubt he'll claim the club didn't cross the Ts and dot the Is and Js.

maher.

topic - s johnson playing on next year.

question - if a club takes him on, and it fails, everyone will bag the club. will you?

maher - declares on this day at this time he will not....provided the club does it's due diligence.

so if sj plays on and it's a disaster, no doubt he'll claim the club didn't cross the Ts and dot the Is and Js.
Maher is an idiot. Nothing but a sycophant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will never forget listening to Allen criticizing the Australian cricket team years ago. Someone rang up and accused him of not having a clue about cricket. I'll never forget the response ....... he claimed he played a couple of games of cricket for his school's Under 13s and therefore he knew all about cricket. The incredible thing is, he wasn't joking either :)

I reckon Mark Fine does a great job of what must be a tough gig. Brings colour to the talk back section of his program, dealing with clowns with at times hilarious results. Usually has at least a basic knowledge of whatever topic is being discussed. Can't be easy filling hours of radio nightly.

Would much rather a guy that speaks his opinion on most things than someone who is just trying to make everyone happy, like Harford does during the day.

Mark Allens never heard of Menulog. What. A. Numpty.

Doesn't surprise me, he didn't even know where Brunswick was.

My favourite piece of Mark Allen crap is when he claimed his mother used to tuck him into bed after watching a TV show from the 1980s whose name I forget. Someone called and pointed out to him that he would've been 20 at the time, so Allen had to admit he was making it all up.

The problem with Fine is that he can't express an opinion in under 10,000 words. So when he doesn't have his facts right he goes on these 10 minute rants based on bad information and you have to sit through about 9 minutes waiting for someone to call and correct him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back